Useful Stuff

jakecool19

5 hours ago, D00tz said:

Why don't elbow chutes work? the middle one's outputting just fine. I know it's not the mod I just obviously don't know how chutes work.

doesn't work.png

This game uses realistic mechanics for the chutes so the items fall according to gravity and use the path of least resistance, which is straight down and will not go side to side like that.

1 hour ago, jakecool19 said:

This game uses realistic mechanics for the chutes so the items fall according to gravity and use the path of least resistance, which is straight down and will not go side to side like that.

Ah crud, so my only option is three chutes fed individually? Or maybe one chute split horizontally.

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Hmm... so it's soft-capped at 64 blocks right now, then? I noticed that when I was trying to get down one of your islands in Caelum Terras and the rope was about 100 blocks too short. :( 

If you do not want to increase the rope stack size, you could instead place a block at the end of the rope and use another anchor to deploy more rope.

• Mind=blown 1

I haven't seen any other rope climbing mods, though I'm VERY new to VS. I noticed no one is asking about the rope recipe. The handbook entry doesn't show how to make it.

Are there any plans to make the anchors metal - perhaps correlating with a total weight limit, if possible? Perhaps different rope types also with weight limits, like vine rope, vine/flax, pure flax, flax/twine, and pure twine, progressively - to complement the strengths of copper-to-steel metal anchor strength stages? I ask because a wooden stake/anchor in anything but soil isn't realistic, and it won't have much weight capacity unless it's long and driven deep with a hammer, though it doesn't seem like the mod is set up that way. Just an aside, but strangely, the handbook calls the anchor material "Cloth", rather than wood.

(Some of these mods have me thinking about ropes, pulleys, gears, swingarms, etc., even POWERED for heavyweight cranes and lifts for real quarrying...! Though they could also be smaller with differential torque-conversion hand-cranking. I might need to learn VS modding.)

Edited by Jesse Caron

1 hour ago, Jesse Caron said:

I haven't seen any other rope climbing mods, though I'm VERY new to VS. I noticed no one is asking about the rope recipe. The handbook entry doesn't show how to make it.

Are there any plans to make the anchors metal - perhaps correlating with a total weight limit, if possible? Perhaps different rope types also with weight limits, like vine rope, vine/flax, pure flax, flax/twine, and pure twine, progressively - to complement the strengths of copper-to-steel metal anchor strength stages? I ask because a wooden stake/anchor in anything but soil isn't realistic, and it won't have much weight capacity unless it's long and driven deep with a hammer, though it doesn't seem like the mod is set up that way. Just an aside, but strangely, the handbook calls the anchor material "Cloth", rather than wood.

(Some of these mods have me thinking about ropes, pulleys, gears, swingarms, etc., even POWERED for heavyweight cranes and lifts for real quarrying...! Though they could also be smaller with differential torque-conversion hand-cranking. I might need to learn VS modding.)

I had not planned on doing anything to extensive with the climbing rope yet as it was just meant to be a solution for another mod. Hopefully with the new rope fixes they add next major update I can add something more realistic.

• jakecool19 changed the title to Useful Stuff + Crazy Caves

The download has been moved to the mods portal. Lastest update contains:

• Added new Locust horde blocks giving an incentive to caving by dropping lots of ores, but waking up the locust inside.
  • Added new Crazy Caves option in config. By default, it is off, and when enabled makes caves significantly larger(DISCLAIMER: This mode is highly experimental and untested. Use at own risk.) May need to delete the old config and run the game once to get new options.
Edited by jakecool19
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, MiniKarma said:

What do you mean by efficiency? Is it as in the speed of doing the process or the ressources that can be dropped from it?

SluiceEfficiency determines the overall chance for a drop. For example bony soil has a 30% chance to give bones when panned. Using the sluice it will only have a 12% chance of dropping bones (0.3*0.4=0.12). SluiceSiftTime determines how many ingame hours it takes to process one block. So setting it to 1 means it will only do one block per hour. Its default is 0.25, meaning it takes a fourth of an hour to process one block or 4 blocks per hour.

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

assets/survival/itemtypes/resource/rope.json

You want to change 'maxstacksize' from 16 to 128 or something. I must have a mod that increases it from 16 to 64 already or something...

That is this mod that changes rope stack size 😅. @Jesse Caron You can edit the rope patch file in the mod assets as well to change the stack size.

5 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Dude, seriously, how do you just keep making these absolutely bangin' mods?

Thank you so much, but if by bangin' you mean buggy, then it is pretty simply, I just slam my head on a keyboard till something happens lol. But this really is a super simple item, just WorldEdit copy/paste with a whole bunch of restrictions/requirements to adapt it to survival, anyone can do this.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I cannot tell you how much I needed that in your Caelum Terras worlds, especially since I live in a very mountainous set of flying islands. 

Hide contents

HANG GLIDERS WHEN?

I got the physics working somewhat, but I need to make a shape for it and figure out the animations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.