Useful Stuff

jakecool19

Fo me the same, e.g. I use flintstone spears, knifes, shovels and axes too, flintstone-spear also don't hurt me a lot if I lost it, animals/drifters in bushes, unexplored caves.... But I have after 2 years I got a full chest with flintstones, the half I did throw away. No need for second chest of Flintstone.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:27 AM, RobinHood said:

Fo me the same, e.g. I use flintstone spears, knifes, shovels and axes too, flintstone-spear also don't hurt me a lot if I lost it, animals/drifters in bushes, unexplored caves.... But I have after 2 years I got a full chest with flintstones, the half I did throw away. No need for second chest of Flintstone.

I will make a patch that will allow flint to be used in paths once I get the energy.

6 hours ago, Daskarion said:

I love your shields! I can't play the game without the shields of this mod at this point.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

No new items or blocks but some QOL things and settings to play with. Tree size, tree vine chance, and tree resin chance can all be changed in the config of this mod. I would recommend not setting tree size too high as the tree building algorithm is expensive(2 was used for the video). With two of the items in this mod needing the right hand, Shardas from the mod portal brought it to my attention the need for alternative light transport. Lanterns(plus lanterns from the Primitive Survival mod & More Classes mod) can be "clipped on" to a hunter or leather backpack(backpacks from ABCS mod works as well). To do this, a backpack must be in the leftmost backpack slot and the lantern placed in the first top left slot of the inventory as seen in the video. Clothes can also be recycled for twine, (shoes give leather) and as suggested by @RobinHood flint can now be used to make stone paths.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

So, uh... have you ever tried a world with Tree Gen cranked up, Crazy Caves turned on, and Caelum Terras on top of all that? 🤔

I had not...that is until you said something. 😉 The Crazy caves do not really do anything noticeable since most of the underground is gone so its pointless to use with Caelum Terras, unless you enjoy world generation lag. The trees on the other hand certainly add to the fantasy element though.

1488822195_Screenshot2021-04-26212039.thumb.jpg.d26227686c2d57f44eb5a3d42ca70367.jpg

• Like 1
  • Amazing! 1
  • Mind=blown 1

12 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

What if I did something stupid like make a world height of 500+? 1000+? Would Crazy Caves work then?
Would my computer? 😆

I mean theortically it should work, although I should make a disclaimer that I am not responsible for your computer smoking and combusting if you do lol.

• Haha 1

ify like trees evrywhere settin da tree settigns with tis mod to 2 is enough 
currently checking wut settigns would give a bit less trees bcus with dis on thers trees evrywhere wut i saw, maybe a bit too much xD
but great ify want to live in them i think, not sure yet if da modded tree settigns at 1 is "vanilla" or if dad already turns da crazy trees up to crazy and how dad would cripple a server

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

I had not...that is until you said something. 😉 The Crazy caves do not really do anything noticeable since most of the underground is gone so its pointless to use with Caelum Terras, unless you enjoy world generation lag. The trees on the other hand certainly add to the fantasy element though.

1488822195_Screenshot2021-04-26212039.thumb.jpg.d26227686c2d57f44eb5a3d42ca70367.jpg

Almost as if a higher tier of glider is needed, one with a tiny, temporal gear powered motor. 

• Like 2

A cool new update based on a suggestion from the awesome Twitch streamer @Dundra from DundraTV, special arrows!

• Fire Arrow: Will ignite entities on impact, will not ignite blocks. Turns into a regular arrow after use if it doesn't break. Crafted with a torch, fat, and any arrow in the crafting grid.
  • Beenade Arrow: Will release bees on impact. Turns into a regular arrow after use if it doesn't break. Crafted with a beenade and any arrow in the crafting grid.
  • Explosive Arrow: Detonates on impact, cannot be used to mine ore. Arrow is destroyed after use. Crafted with an ore blasting bomb and any arrow in the crafting grid. NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the current VS system not allowing more than 1 hit every half second(500ms) if an entity is hit directly they will only take damage from the arrow itself and not the explosion. If you want them to take explosive damage aim as close to the feet as you can without hitting them.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the current VS system not allowing more than 1 hit every half second(500ms) if an entity is hit directly they will only take damage from the arrow itself and not the explosion. If you want them to take explosive damage aim as close to the feet as you can without hitting them.

Is there no way you can make the arrow itself not deal damage so it prioritizes the explosion damage or... something? 🤔

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, I don't know any of the mods that make a config file before they're actually loaded lol.  In some cases, it seems if there's a big enough update you have to delete the config to get the 'new' version of config (looking at you vsprospector :P )

*edit* which reminds me I should mention that on the vsprospector thread lol

Edited by Lisabet

11 hours ago, Jessica Melder said:

How does one melt down the toolheads? I tried the forge and the firepit, but neither worked.

I had forgotten to add a storage flag to the toolheads so that they could be put into the crucible. The latest hotfix should fix this

52 minutes ago, GrecoPlay said:

Is it normal that from 64 sand I only got 18 copper nuggets? Or is this a configuration of the mod? If it is a configuration, how do you change this?

The sluice only gathers things at 40% the chance of the wooden pan, but it seems you got some really bad RNG with that batch of sand. To raise the chance got to VintagestoryData/ModConfig/UsefulStuffConfig and edit SluiceEfficiency to whatever you want.

• Thanks 1

Well, if for 40% it is 0.4.For 100%? I mean the value of SluiceEfficiency in the mod configuration (I am not an expert in this of mod configurations), I test 0.100 it did not work for me xD

It can be 1.0 or 100 but I don't know what it is?

Edited by GrecoPlay

15 hours ago, GrecoPlay said:

Well, if for 40% it is 0.4.For 100%? I mean the value of SluiceEfficiency in the mod configuration (I am not an expert in this of mod configurations), I test 0.100 it did not work for me xD

It can be 1.0 or 100 but I don't know what it is?

Yes, 0.4 is 40% but 0.1 would be 10% so you would get even less if anything. 1 is what you want if you want 100%. And you can always go more than 1/100% if you want even more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.