Useful Stuff

jakecool19

Is there anything special you have to do to make the tree size work? Any value I input seems to have no effect whatsoever, 5, 10, 25, even 1000 -- absolutely no change in game. I am generating a new world each time.

Edited by Lich

On 5/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Lich said:

Is there anything special you have to do to make the tree size work? Any value I input seems to have no effect whatsoever, 5, 10, 25, even 1000 -- absolutely no change in game. I am generating a new world each time.

Sorry about that, I will release and update shortly to fix that.

Another small update adding a quenching mechanic to iron and steel tools. Iron/steel tool heads can be quenched when they have a temperature higher than 600 degrees. Once quenched they must be less than 200 degrees to craft with and the tools they make gain a 20% bonus in durability. This is compatible with the WeaponPack mod and with any other mod that changes the vanilla crafting recipe for vanilla tools. There are options in the config to disable this mechanic, choose what metals this works on, and how much durability is gained. Also fixed the tree multiplier not working thanks to @Lich and this should be compatible with pre 0.15.

• Mind=blown 1

2 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Another small update adding a quenching mechanic to iron and steel tools. Iron/steel tool heads can be quenched when they have a temperature higher than 600 degrees. Once quenched they must be less than 200 degrees to craft with and the tools they make gain a 20% bonus in durability. This is compatible with the WeaponPack mod and with any other mod that changes the vanilla crafting recipe for vanilla tools. 

tenor.png

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, James Berkheimer said:

I have a hopper over a chest under the sluice.  But none of the items are going into the chest.  They're being dumped on the ground.  Is there any trick to this setup?

The hopper does not go directly under the sluice, it goes on the end of the ramp where the items will fall off.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Justin Finger said:

Can't get the quenching to work... tried a barrel full of water and a bucket of water? Tried using it in the crafting grid with the bucket of water even... nothing worke... CTRL+CLICK, SHIFT+CLICK, nope.

What am I missing here?

You toss it into a block of water, not a bucket or barrel. It has to be above 600 degrees and it should steam and sizzle when it hits the water. It has to be below 200 degrees after quenched to craft with it, so leave it in the water until it stops sizzling.

Is there a way to configure the height of the tentbag to be 7x7x7 rather than 7x3x7? the tent blocks I made were designed for a higher height in mind and it would be cool to have it work with this! 😅

Edited by Lich
  • Like 1
  • Amazing! 1

I'm not 100% sure it's due to this mod, but I just found out I can't craft a saw with an (quenched & fully cooled) iron saw blade. The saw blinks in and out in the crafting matrix when I put in the blade & stick, and can't be clicked on to actually craft it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Mysticar

On 6/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, Lich said:

Is there a way to configure the height of the tentbag to be 7x7x7 rather than 7x3x7? the tent blocks I made were designed for a higher height in mind and it would be cool to have it work with this! 😅

Sorry, forgot to mention this yesterday but I changed the tent so that it will have config options in the config. You may need to delete the config and load up a world to generate a new one with the options.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, jakecool19 said:

Sorry, forgot to mention this yesterday but I changed the tent so that it will have config options in the config. You may need to delete the config and load up a world to generate a new one with the options.

Sorry to be a bother but the TentHeight config doesn't a seem to except any number greater than 3, though it does except numbers lower than 3 even negative numbers.

@jakecool19 Just an FYI, I noticed last night that I was unable to craft an iron pickaxe.  So I went through every mod turning it on and off.  When I came turned on this mod that's when it broke.  So I think something is conflicting with the crafting.  Can you or someone else verify this?

image.png.2e2915a5e449a99819eb2769f22b71d5.png

16 minutes ago, jakecool19 said:

@JamesB What version of the game are you on and what version of the mod?

So I just double checked my version and noticed that I was one version behind on the mod.  So I updated, reloaded, and the issue went away.  I can't wait until there's a way to check for new mod versions in game!

• jakecool19 changed the title to Useful Stuff

Hello everyone here is the big update I have been teasing about on Discord in all of its very buggy glory. Unfortunately due to a crash I do not understand it is not compatible with 1.15 as of now. Please read the mod frontpage carefully, not only have a lot of new things been added but some things have gotten some much needed nerfs including:

• The sluice will now have 100% efficiency BUT it can only sluice one item from a block unlike regular panning which can pan a block 8 times. This means significantly less items and hopefully makes it more balanced in comparison to the washer machine in QPTech.
  • The glider can no longer be used in caves
  • Shields only offer a chance of blocking damage depending on how long you crouch with them and using the left/right mouse button will stop it from protecting you

Special thanks to @Novocain for the air bar, @goxmeor for the status effect system, @Quixjote for the updraft idea, and @WesCookie for his design ideas on the support beam and cave in feature!

Edited by jakecool19
  • Like 3

Hey guys I was able to isolate the issue with that was clashing in the 0.15 prereleases. So this version(1.9.1) of the mod should be compatible with all the current prereleases! (up to 6)

Also I forgot to mention that crazy caves has been changed, it is no longer something you turn off and on. Instead it is like the tree system now, you can configure how big you want tunnels to be, which are the horizontal cave segements, how big the shafts are, which are the vertical cave segements, if you always want the caves to be big near lava and if you always want them to be extra branchy. Just for reference Crazy caves had tunnel height and width set to 1.5, and always big near lava on.

• Like 1

Could you add again the ability to completely disable crazy caves for those of us who don't want to play with them?

Because not everyone enjoys having to deal with vast dark caverns but some of the other stuff your mod adds are kinda nice, and it is a jarring shift from the rest of the mod where you can pick and choose what to enable.

1 minute ago, Hells Razer said:

Could you add again the ability to completely disable crazy caves for those of us who don't want to play with them?

Because not everyone enjoys having to deal with vast dark caverns but some of the other stuff your mod adds are kinda nice, and it is a jarring shift from the rest of the mod where you can pick and choose what to enable.

It is a bunch of settings now, by default it will have no effect on your cave generation, it only will if you change those multipliers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.