Lichen - v1.17.0 - GEMSBOK! Antler Windchimes! Shoji Screens!

Lich

@Ambulate In SomnisIt's not the mod. This happened to my server at one point. If you install or update any mod from now on, I bet that you will have random blocks change to other blocks. For us we got oak fences turn into iron buckets, coopers reeds turned into trade o mat machines, glacier ice turned into trade o mat carts. Your ModID table is corrupt if that is happening.

• Wolf Bait 1

4 hours ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

@Ambulate In SomnisIt's not the mod. This happened to my server at one point. If you install or update any mod from now on, I bet that you will have random blocks change to other blocks. For us we got oak fences turn into iron buckets, coopers reeds turned into trade o mat machines, glacier ice turned into trade o mat carts. Your ModID table is corrupt if that is happening.

How i can fix this ModID table?

On 3/20/2021 at 11:46 PM, Tech_Rabbit said:

On 3/19/2021 at 6:57 AM, Ambulate In Somnis said:

I have tried to add this mod to my server and all air blocks was replaced with block-hideroof-light-up-west-free.

Yeah, this does not sound like something my mod in specific would do. I feel like this should be filed as a proper bug report in the bug issue tracker for the game, because if this can occur with blocks with my mod (which is purely a content mod, aka the simplest form of mod using purely json API hooks, no new code) then this can occur with any other mod that adds new blocks (possibly even the vanilla game), and thus should be something that Tyron probably needs to know about.

Edited by Lich

13 hours ago, Lich said:

Yeah, this does not sound like something my mod in specific would do. I feel like this should be filed as a proper bug report in the bug issue tracker for the game, because if this can occur with blocks with my mod (which is purely a content mod, aka the simplest form of mod using purely json API hooks, no new code) then this can occur with any other mod that adds new blocks (possibly even the vanilla game), and thus should be something that Tyron probably needs to know about.

Do you have an idea how to clean ModID table?

Edited by Ambulate In Somnis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

is there a reason that deer don't give fat on butchering? I adore them and love seeing them run around but I don't hunt them at all since they don't give fat

my meat to fat ratio is already crazy, and I end up wasting meat when I can't turn it into sausages or pemmican (or seal crocks) from the expanded foods mod lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 7:43 PM, Lisabet said:

is there a reason that deer don't give fat on butchering? I adore them and love seeing them run around but I don't hunt them at all since they don't give fat

my meat to fat ratio is already crazy, and I end up wasting meat when I can't turn it into sausages or pemmican (or seal crocks) from the expanded foods mod lol

I decided to not give deer fat drops since deer venison is not a very fatty meat, and during my research, I kept finding reports of hunters irl saying deer fat 'turns rancid quite quickly', and so it is often not used. So in order to diversify the drops, and to stay true to life, deer do not drop fat. Very soon their antlers will be useful for other things, though.

Also hello everyone, it has been a while since an update but I (and this mod) are not dead. 😅 The next update is almost ready to go but I have been stuck on a coding problem, and then I got wrapped up with real life. But I will attempt to fix this issue I'm having and release the next update ASAP. Thanks for your patience! 💙

Edited by Lich
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Lich said:

I decided to not give deer fat drops since deer venison is not a very fatty meat, and during my research, I kept finding reports of hunters irl saying deer fat 'turns rancid quite quickly', and so it is often not used. So in order to diversify the drops, and to stay true to life, deer do not drop fat. Very soon their antlers will be useful for other things, though.

Also hello everyone, it has been a while since an update but I (and this mod) are not dead. 😅 The next update is almost ready to go but I have been stuck on a coding problem, and then I got wrapped up with real life. But I will attempt to fix this issue I'm having and release the next update ASAP. Thanks for your patience! 💙

actually, if that's your reasoning I completely support it :) I have actually been involved with deer hunting and butchering and no, deer don't have a great deal of fat.  In fact, irl, the best way to work with ground venison is to mix it with beef so that it's not too dry to make burgers/meatloaf/etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the tent in this mod a single item?  Or is it blocks and has to be built?  I was looking for a simple tent item that can be used to explore further and provide quick shelter.  

EDIT:

Oh nevermind.  I see now that they are blocks.  

Edited by James Berkheimer

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.4.0 =UPDATE!= Antler Tools! Pillows! Reed Mats!

Bump for update. Thanks for your patience folks 😄 I got wrapped up with life and stumped on like a single json file, but people in the discord helped me when I finally asked for help 😅 Excited for what VS 1.15 will bring us! Definitely a lot of new stuff for us to play with as modders, that's for sure.

Edited by Lich

So, issue with the newest update of this mod. After updating, none of the blocks or items showed up in game and previously placed wattle fences showed as question mark blocks. Rolling back to the previous update fixed it.

Edited by Hrafn Rune

57 minutes ago, Hrafn Rune said:

So, issue with the newest update of this mod. After updating, none of the blocks or items showed up in game and previously placed wattle fences showed as question mark blocks. Rolling back to the previous update fixed it.

Uhhhhhhhh hm. Odd. That shouldn't be occurring. I'll take a look at it.

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.4.1 =UPDATE!= Antler Tools! Pillows! Reed Mats!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.