Lichen - v1.17.0 - GEMSBOK! Antler Windchimes! Shoji Screens!

Lich

1 hour ago, Hrafn Rune said:

So, issue with the newest update of this mod. After updating, none of the blocks or items showed up in game and previously placed wattle fences showed as question mark blocks. Rolling back to the previous update fixed it.

Oh I see the issue. I packaged the zip file incorrectly. Redownload it now, it should be fixed. Thanks so much for reporting the issue!

18 minutes ago, Hells Razer said:

Love the mod, but I have one complaint:

You can't mount antlers on walls for decoration. 😄

That's in my plans actually 😃 Some decor uses for the horns. I wanted to get the tool uses out first, but then that update got delayed. 😅 Well, I can start working on that now, though!

On 5/29/2021 at 1:25 AM, JamesB said:

Hey so I feel kind of dumb, but how do you make the corner roof pieces?  When I place 3 of them on a corner I just get this odd overlap, not the cool corner piece I see in pics.

You're not dumb, I didn't really explain it, so it's not obvious. They function like stair pieces -- try aiming at the "top" half of a block it's next to when placing it down, it'll switch to the corner model. It can be tricky, but I wanted to make it so you didn't have to craft corner pieces separately.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lich said:

You're not dumb, I didn't really explain it, so it's not obvious. They function like stair pieces -- try aiming at the "top" half of a block it's next to when placing it down, it'll switch to the corner model. It can be tricky, but I wanted to make it so you didn't have to craft corner pieces separately.

I was able to sort out the corners.  But the thing I'm really having trouble with is putting down flat roof pieces side by side and on top of each other.  I've tried clicking on all parts of the box and I seem to get random placement each time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.4.2 =UPDATED TO VS 1.15=
On 6/21/2021 at 3:05 AM, DancingHoskuld said:

Whenever I try and use the arrows made from antler the game crashes to the desk top. I have made sure I am using the latest and I tried it multiple times. Flint and copper arrows work fine.

Thanks for the bug report, no idea how i missed this in testing. It's fixed now.

Updated Vintage Story to 1.15! Everything should be working, but please report any bugs you find.

I already know about reed mats showing their code names rather than their language names when placed on blocks. I think this might be a bug with 1.15, since some of the default rugs do this too.

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.5.0 - Trophy mounts, Cresent chairs, & Wicker Tables!
On 2/18/2021 at 12:33 AM, Lich said:

As of now, a new animal: White-tailed deer, and wattle fences :) I have a lot of plans, though, so you'll just have to wait and see!

Maybe! I am thinking about flora... right now I am just focusing on fauna. I am trying to learn as much as I can about VS's JSON API as I can, so I will likely make a bit of everything!

Use the Wild Farming mod, which adds herbs and makes flowers plantable.

• Confused 1

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.5.0-1 - Trophy mounts, Cresent chairs, & Wicker Tables! 1.14.10 & 1.15.1

Bump, I backported all of the recent bugfixes and features to 1.14.10 for those who are still playing on their pre-update worlds.

For the foreseeable future, I will be maintaining Lichen at least one major version behind the current version alongside the current version . So, until 1.16 comes out, expect Lichen to be updated for 1.14 as well as 1.15. Depending on if mod version bottlenecking occurs (like it did for 1.7.10 in minecraft, for example), I may choose to maintain specific previous versions, or at community request.

Hi! I was wondering, does the "shiny" deer is breedable? I saw 2 male albino before and was wondering. We got one in our pen, but do they breed with regular? Are there female albino somewhere in the world? Or it is just random that stay that way? Heck, do regular breeding have a chance to have an albino baby?

The last link in a wattle fence seems to be oriented improperly, which causes minor z fighting and looks a little odd.

And while nice, the tent blocks don't seem to play nice with eachother, at least I can't get the door to properly connect with it (and you can click straight through the doorframe which is odd).

A tip and ridge option for the tent blocks like the roof blocks have would be very nice too.

Wicker tables seem to z fight pretty harshly when placed next to eachother, which is a shame because I like how they look next to eachother otherwise.

Other than that pretty neat mod, I like quite a bit it so far.

edit: the reed mats also don't seem to have proper localisation.

Spoiler

Wattlewrong.png

tentdoor.png

image.png.254c8f490e64463331abaa3b705232d5.png

Edited by Heiress

• 2 weeks later...

I think the deer might be causing slowdown when they spawn in. I've created a test world just for flying around in, and it appears that whenever deer get generated my server (not my computer) hangs for 4-6 seconds. I don't get any errors or anything, so maybe it's just me?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry about not being around to update this mod, work has had me extremely busy. I'd still like to in the future.

Someone messaged me asking if they could use assets from this mod for their own mod (either public or private) and the answer to everyone, forever is: yes.

This mod is a community asset. Feel free to take its models, textures and other stuff and do what you will with it :)

• Cookie time 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.