Lichen - v1.17.0 - GEMSBOK! Antler Windchimes! Shoji Screens!

Lich

26 minutes ago, Minnigin said:

can't wait for some deer back in my game, someone pick this up and update it, I'm too noob at it still 😣

I could not begin to think about taking on updating or up-keeping this fantastic work Lich has started here, but I am working on incorporating the deer and antelope into my ethology mod, along with a few other critters from elsewhere.

Hope to have it working and available soon-ish.

• Cookie time 1

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.16.0 - Trophy mounts, Cresent chairs, & Wicker Tables!

Updated to 1.16.0

Only thing needed to be changed was updating the tent blocks to the new windwave system.

As for all of the deer bug reports, I can't find any credibility to the deer causing lag when it spawns in, doesn't seem to be doing it to me and could be chalked up to other mods, my deer doesn't actually do anything outside of the scope of the vanilla API and so it shouldn't be causing lag in ways that the other vanilla animals wouldn't be.

The deer breeding is certainly broken though. I want to completely re-write the deer in the future, but i've been waiting for the vanilla update to animal husbandry before I do. They are functioning perfectly fine as wild game for the time being as far as I can tell.

edit: hmm, redownload if it's not showing up in your game, apparently VS is wildly specific about its versioning and doesn't accept "1.16.0" but rather wanted "1.16.0-pre.8"

Edited by Lich

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.16.0 - GEMSBOK! Antler Windchimes!

I am getting an error on fresh install 

12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 3 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /hax is invalid: The json path /client/shapeByType/* was not found. Could traverse until /client/shapeByType, but then '*' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "arrow-crude": {
    "base": "entity/arrow/crude"
  },
  "arrow-flint": {
    "base": "entity/arrow/stone"
  },
  "arrow-gold": {
    "base": "entity/arrow/gold"
  },
  "arrow-silver": {
    "base": "entity/arrow/silver"
  },
  "arrow-crystal": {
    "base": "orecrystals:item/tool/crystalarrow"
  },
  "arrow-copper": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-copper"
  },
  "arrow-tinbronze": {
  },
  "arrow-bismuthbronze": {
  },
  "arrow-blackbronze": {
  },
  "arrow-iron": {
  },
  "arrow-meteoriciron": {
  },
  "arrow-steel": {
  },
  "arrow-antler": {
    "base": "game:entity/arrow/stone"
  }
}
12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 4 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /client/shapeByType/* is invalid: The json path /hax was not found. No such element 'hax' at the root path
12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 5 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /hax is invalid: The json path /client/texturesByType/* was not found. Could traverse until /client/texturesByType, but then '*' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "arrow-crude": {},
    "material": {
      "base": "block/stone/flint"
    }
  },
    "feather": {
      "base": "item/tool/material/feather"
    },
    "feather2": {
      "base": "item/tool/material/feather2"
    },
    "string": {
      "base": "item/tool/material/string"
    },
    "handle": {
      "base": "orecrystals:block/quartz"
    },
    "crystal": {
    }
  },
      "base": "game:block/bonesrotten"
    }
  }
}
12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 6 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /client/texturesByType/* is invalid: The json path /hax was not found. No such element 'hax' at the root path

11 minutes ago, Cryptis Midnight said:

I am getting an error on fresh install 

12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 3 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /hax is invalid: The json path /client/shapeByType/* was not found. Could traverse until /client/shapeByType, but then '*' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
    "base": "entity/arrow/crude"
  },
    "base": "entity/arrow/stone"
  },
    "base": "entity/arrow/gold"
  },
    "base": "entity/arrow/silver"
  },
    "base": "orecrystals:item/tool/crystalarrow"
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
    "base": "game:entity/arrow/stone"
  }
}
12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 4 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /client/shapeByType/* is invalid: The json path /hax was not found. No such element 'hax' at the root path
12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 5 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /hax is invalid: The json path /client/texturesByType/* was not found. Could traverse until /client/texturesByType, but then '*' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "arrow-crude": {},
      "base": "block/stone/flint"
    }
  },
    "feather": {
      "base": "item/tool/material/feather"
    },
    "feather2": {
      "base": "item/tool/material/feather2"
    },
    "string": {
      "base": "item/tool/material/string"
    },
    "handle": {
    },
    "crystal": {
    }
  },
      "base": "game:block/bonesrotten"
    }
  }
}
12.1.2022 15:58:19 [Error] Patch 6 (target: game:entities/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-entities-arrow.json failed because supplied path /client/texturesByType/* is invalid: The json path /hax was not found. No such element 'hax' at the root path

This unfortunately appears to be an issue with the mod Ore Crystals and is not something I can fix on my end.

• Lich changed the title to Lichen - v1.16.0 - GEMSBOK! Antler Windchimes! Shoji Screens!
5 hours ago, nebux said:

i'm hunting gemsboks with spears. i may think that they should run when they get hit as it's too easy to kill them from afar. same for deers hunting

Yeah, I agree with this. I was having the same thoughts recently while testing them. I need to fiddle with their AI. I'll see what I can do about making them more responsive to being hunted. Though there may only be so much I can do at the end of the day since I am working purely with the .json API and while you can change the entity's AI there, it's limited in what you can do.

I also noticed the White Harts are spawning too frequently as well, so that needs to be adjusted.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, Lich said:

Yeah, I agree with this. I was having the same thoughts recently while testing them. I need to fiddle with their AI. I'll see what I can do about making them more responsive to being hunted.

My answer to this has been to simply give their fleeondamage ai a much larger search range than their standard fleeentity ai. 

With the Ethology mod, a player might be able to get within 30 blocks of a bighorn sheep without them fleeing, but once they take damage they start looking 45 blocks out or more for threats, and flee if you are within their wider search range after they are hurt.  You might get one free spear or bow shot in, but unless you are outside their alerted seeking range and very good with ranged weapons, you are not going to get a second shot in easily before they take off.

What I really wish we had was an ai like "alarmherdondamage" which made the whole herd flee when one of their members' fleeondamage ai activated.

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 1

Before anything else, great mod. I love the look and feel of it. Long story short: If this gets incorporated into vanilla I wouldn't be able to tell because it's just that in-tune with the original game.

As for the AI issues, it's not much but after updating to 1.16 all animals seem to sometimes ignore any hits they recieve and just go on about their day. This includes vanilla animals as well as using melee weapons. Before 1.16 you could maybe punch them once to no reaction, but anything more would trigger something. Now I can go up to a bighorn or a boar, stab it and have it just sit there. My headcannon is that they're too weak to even run for their life, but that's just because it's winter.

23 hours ago, Vincent Morgan said:

Before anything else, great mod. I love the look and feel of it. Long story short: If this gets incorporated into vanilla I wouldn't be able to tell because it's just that in-tune with the original game.

As for the AI issues, it's not much but after updating to 1.16 all animals seem to sometimes ignore any hits they recieve and just go on about their day. This includes vanilla animals as well as using melee weapons. Before 1.16 you could maybe punch them once to no reaction, but anything more would trigger something. Now I can go up to a bighorn or a boar, stab it and have it just sit there. My headcannon is that they're too weak to even run for their life, but that's just because it's winter.

Yeah I've noticed the AI has changed in the basegame since the testing I did when I originally made the deer. The white harts used to be really rare for example but they're spawning all the time. I didn't change the values, so it seems like tyron tinkered with stuff vanilla-wise. Also I can't prevent the bucks from killing each other anymore with the knockback crits they do.

I don't know what Tyron has planned for the wildlife in the long run, if he aims for them to be more video game enemies or to balance it out and make it more natural, but... I've been considering making a separate mod that balances all the vanilla animals to my liking, which would ideally make them spawn & behave more naturally.

• Like 2
  • Amazing! 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This showed up in my server main - first:

Spoiler

19.2.2022 10:28:26 [Error] Patch 2 (target: lichen:entities/land/deer-female.json) in domain:patches/lichen.json failed because supplied path /server/behaviors/10/aitasks/8/stopOnNearbyEntityCodes is invalid: The json path /server/behaviors/10/aitasks/8/stopOnNearbyEntityCodes was not found. Could traverse until /server/behaviors/10/aitasks/8, but then 'stopOnNearbyEntityCodes' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "code": "seekfoodandeat",
  "movespeed": 0.01,
  "priority": 1.37,
  "eatLooseItems": true,
  "eatItemCodes": [
    "game:drygrass",
    "farmlife:animalfeed"
  ],
  "eatSound": "game:player/eat",
  "eatTime": 1.5,
  "eatAnimation": "Eat",
  "animationSpeed": 1.4,
  "animation": "Walk",
  "mincooldownHours": 0,
  "maxcooldownHours": 0
}

Then a similar arrow issue (if I am right this is a compatibility issue with Mr1k3 's Beta Weapons pack mod. I don't know enough about how to read the logs to know if this will cause an in game issue. Is this something to bring to Mr1k3's attention?

Spoiler

19.2.2022 10:28:27 [Error] Patch 5 (target: game:itemtypes/tool/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-itemtypes-tool-arrow.json failed because supplied path /hax is invalid: The json path /shapeByType/* was not found. Could traverse until /shapeByType, but then '*' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-crude"
  },
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-stone"
  },
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-gold"
  },
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-silver"
  },
  "arrow-*-broadhead": {
    "base": "weaponpackg:item/tool/bow/arrow-broadhead"
  },
  "arrow-*-bodkin": {
    "base": "weaponpackg:item/tool/bow/arrow-bodkin"
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
  },
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-stone"
  }
}
19.2.2022 10:28:27 [Error] Patch 6 (target: game:itemtypes/tool/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-itemtypes-tool-arrow.json failed because supplied path /shapeByType/* is invalid: The json path /hax was not found. No such element 'hax' at the root path

Apologies if this isn't really anything to be concerned about

Edited by Peter Sanderson

• 2 weeks later...

Love the mod, Lich!

I wanted to clarify if deer milking is a feature from Lichen, or something added from Farm Life's compatibility patches?

I also wanted to ask if it's possible we could get inverted corner tent pieces at some point, to fill in these sorts of blocks?

Spoiler

2022-03-10_13-30-20.thumb.png.0646540a3d53e965ed3cba9804f3aedb.png

• 2 months later...

See this error in my console at server startup

13:40
13:40:46 [Server Error] Patch 2 (target: lichen:entities/land/deer-female.json) in domain:patches/lichen.json failed because supplied path /server/behaviors/10/aitasks/8/stopOnNearbyEntityCodes is invalid: The json path /server/behaviors/10/aitasks/8/stopOnNearbyEntityCodes was not found. Could traverse until /server/behaviors/10/aitasks/8, but then 'stopOnNearbyEntityCodes' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "code": "seekfoodandeat",
  "movespeed": 0.01,
  "priority": 1.37,
  "eatLooseItems": true,
  "eatItemCodes": [
    "game:drygrass",
    "farmlife:animalfeed"
  ],
  "eatSound": "game:player/eat",
  "eatTime": 1.5,
  "eatAnimation": "Eat",
  "animationSpeed": 1.4,
  "animation": "Walk",
  "mincooldownHours": 0,
  "maxcooldownHours": 0
}

Edited by Peter Sanderson

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.