That One Game

Soloquendi

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 5:49 AM, Luk said:

Warcraft 3. I'm still waiting for some of the custom maps from that game to make their way into standalones like League of Legends.

„Defence of the ancients” but 1.0, not 2.0, check it, cant believe you did not hear about it
https://www.google.pl/search?q=defence+of+the+ancients&client=safari&hl=pl-pl&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjghvrtoOH5AhVynf0HHS0TCHUQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=375&bih=629&dpr=3

9 hours ago, TeaTime said:

lol I have played Dota 2! Dota Allstars was never really my favorite AoS  (or moba as they call it nowadays) tho. I loved Age of Myths, EotA, and Advent of the Zenith though. And Dark Deeds was a lot of fun.

• 9 months later...

for me, the recurring games or games i put a heck ton of hours were: Neverwinter Nights, Chrono Cross, half life 2 death match,  Minecraft (allways heavily modded), World of Warcraft, Tera Rising, Avalon Code and all the Monster Hunter games and castlevania (up to the lords of shadow ones, that i didn't like, sorry). also, honorable mentions were Empire Earth II and Team Fortress 2 thanks to my cousin, i used to go to his house to play them vs every friday for two years.

Also, one of the best  games i got to play (and i really love to play no matter how much times i've done the same) is Graveyard keeper, i just love his dark humor too much xD

on the other hand, i played all the classics (all marios, donkey kongs, tales of, the legend of zelda, (having a bit too much fun with ToTK right now) WARIO LAND, golden sun) and made sure to 100% them just for the pleasure to do so (i don't really like the achievement system, for me it hurts more than motivates)

Edited by 1Joachim1
how in hell i forgot about GK?

• 1 month later...

Albion (by blue byte) - the inofficial scifi Ambermoon "continuation".

or maybe

Vampire - The Masquerade Redemption (my mother laughed 'cause it's only in english language and there's no german version like in Bloodlines)

By "boardgames" it's also D&D4 or 5. Or the "german D&D" called Das schwarze Auge V4.1 (the dark eye)

Edited by BavarianViking

• 6 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 5:49 AM, Luk said:

Warcraft 3. I'm still waiting for some of the custom maps from that game to make their way into standalones like League of Legends.

Oof, I remember making my own shitty maps to play in single player, swapping models of weapons and characters (adding or deleting bones to fit the weapons) with special convertor tools and writing small editor codes. I remember having to conert one file to another extract something convert convert convert and then edir and do the whole process again backwards.

Had great fun.

• Amazing! 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, Soloquendi said:

Dungeons and Dragons was the one for me back in '79.

Hah! I did start with D&D that same year. It was fun. But the One Game that hooked me MERP. It was the realization that not every RPG had to be D&D/AD&D. Holy shit! An RPG with skills! Then I discovered RuneQuest (again, skills!). and the industry started exploding with great games. But someone everything thought the only game was D&D, just like they think the only beer is Bud/Coors. Uck. But the heyday of tabletop RPGs was the 90s. Nowadays everyone is back to thinking D&D is the legal and official definition of Roleplaying. Ugh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.