Neo's Additions - v.1.0.2

neogoo123

Hello! It's been a bit! I created this mod a while back in March of 2021, but have recently had some time over winter break from my studies and got back into it.

After playing it a bit, I found that there were a few things I would want to have in the game, so I went about adding them myself! This mod is small right now, but I plan on working on it and additional mods that will cater to as many as possible.

In this version of the mod, there are only a few additions/modifications to the game:

1. Scythes now swipe twice as fast and cut more grass at once - I found it really quite aggravating to cut grass with a scythe and most of the time just ended up using a knife to cut it because it ended up being faster. I want going through the ages to save me time and effort, not just give me more tools that don't do much.
  2. Thatched Grass - Combining 9 Dry Grass in the crafting grid (one grass in each box) will give you a piece of Thatched Grass.
  3. Thatched Grass Clothing - Combining Thatched Grass in the crafting grid as you would for getting armor in MineCraft will give you either Thatched Grass Pants or a Thatched Grass Shirt. These clothes come with a low Max Warmth, but with the ability to remake them when the conditions get low.
  4. 64x Dry Grass can be added to a barrel in order to create one compost. This process takes 3 days, so it doesn't take forever to get a single piece of compost, nor does it take 64 wasted foodstuffs.

Mod page link: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/4900

Dry Grass in Barrel:

Spoiler

2021-03-15_21-51-43.thumb.png.c12681029037983cf5a85f29e2b66f60.png

Thatched Grass Recipe:

Spoiler

2021-03-15_22-30-06.png.f71e4160dcf7f560b7d5ea7e1522132c.png

Thatched Grass Shirt Recipe:

Spoiler

2021-03-15_21-52-27.png.27b5f90218e458d48968e2b443a2a558.png

Thatched Grass Pants Recipe:

Spoiler

2021-03-15_21-53-00.png.cd62b8a02b49799e6a15e4d3705e1b56.png

Thatched Grass Shirt and Pants being worn:

Spoiler

image.png.087d21912707bfd34ed13b2216e131ec.png

If you'd like to take a look at all of this in action (Note that this version puts the time to compost at 3 days instead of the 1 day seen in the video):

Edited by neogoo123
had to redo mod link.
  • Like 5

• neogoo123 changed the title to Neo's Additions - v.1.0.1

Fixed! Let me know if anything else is screwy. Thanks for letting me know!

*Thought it was fixed, then I done screwed it up trying to get the fix out quick... Accidentally uploaded a zip of the mod folder, not the actual mod itself... This is why I'm not a professional lol

Edited by neogoo123

19 hours ago, neogoo123 said:

Fixed! Let me know if anything else is screwy. Thanks for letting me know!

*Thought it was fixed, then I done screwed it up trying to get the fix out quick... Accidentally uploaded a zip of the mod folder, not the actual mod itself... This is why I'm not a professional lol

Confirmed! fixed. thank you.

it's all good, don't be too hard on your self, i have tried modding Fallout 4, Bannorlord, and sometimes you don't encounter save breaking mod tweaks until many hours in a playthrough.

37 minutes ago, Matthew Espinosa said:

it's all good, don't be too hard on your self, i have tried modding Fallout 4, Bannorlord, and sometimes you don't encounter save breaking mod tweaks until many hours in a playthrough.

*glances at Skyrim loadout with over 700 mods*

Yeah, I've seen some things. This game is remarkably solid in comparison.

• neogoo123 changed the title to Neo's Additions - v.1.0.2

Update:

Hello! This mod was quite old and I had to update it to the current version of the game. Everything works as it should. The only actual change to the functionality of the mod was the change of composting dry grass to be 3 days instead of two. Please let me know of any suggestions you may have!

EDIT: Fixed issue with scythe not being able to trim grass instead of only cutting.

Edited by neogoo123

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.