QPTECH v1.51 Now with carrying capacity!

QPTech

13 hours ago, IgnorGTO said:

And me and my friend sewed an error in the work of the mod
image.thumb.png.f51322fdf5ee65effad6c6a02c09e9f3.png

This occurs when melting Iron Bloom.

and almost the same happens when melting Clear Quartz

Hi IgnorGTO can you please send me the log client and server one please :) I'll take a look thanks. And also I'll add the Russian language too thanks for that. 

Edited by Misterandydandy

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.05 (Automated Firepits + New Cast Iron Oven with 10% faster cooking)

QPTECH 1.1.0-pre.1 Preview Release is out on the Mod DB https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/321
\o/

Features the new electricity system and various subparts, tools and such to build it. Also will need the QPTECH API Mod (link on the mod db) - currently just a very basic mod with an interface for integrating other mods so they can share electricity.

Edited by Quentin Preik
  • Wolf Bait 1
  • Amazing! 2
  • Mind=blown 1

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.1.0.pre1 - Electricity Preview release!
11 hours ago, AngryRob said:

Noice. does this mean electric drills soon? 

Electric drills hmm, what would they do? I had thought of a drill press for the machine plates.

9 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Is there a Github for the api?

The QPTECH github should have the api in it.

Here is a link the api source: https://github.com/wqpvs/qptech/tree/master/mods-src/qptechapi/src

Edited by Quentin Preik

13 hours ago, Quentin Preik said:

Electric drills hmm, what would they do? I had thought of a drill press for the machine plates.

The QPTECH github should have the api in it.

Here is a link the api source: https://github.com/wqpvs/qptech/tree/master/mods-src/qptechapi/src

in temporal tinker, there is a drill, and it works like a super pickaxe that does a 3 by 3 square at a time. Great for tunneling. 

But the drill press? sounds so much better. Not gonna lie this sounds like a crazy start for a dr Stone mod, next thing would be an air compressor that blows air into the blast furnaces so that they get hotter and use less fuel... 

11 hours ago, AngryRob said:

in temporal tinker, there is a drill, and it works like a super pickaxe that does a 3 by 3 square at a time. Great for tunneling. 

But the drill press? sounds so much better. Not gonna lie this sounds like a crazy start for a dr Stone mod, next thing would be an air compressor that blows air into the blast furnaces so that they get hotter and use less fuel... 

Oh a mining drill xD  Yeah i sort of have that hidden in there already - well a quarrying drill. But it's not sorted out yet.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Quentin Preik said:

Oh a mining drill xD  Yeah i sort of have that hidden in there already - well a quarrying drill. But it's not sorted out yet.

I am glad someone is doing it. I could not play minecraft without industrial craft, and i have been struggling to stay interested in vintage story because of it. We have all the metals, and then some, along with other things. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that in a larder, your kitchen cabinets are less efficient than storage vessels, especially for grains.

image.thumb.png.6366f8cf2ed78d03077485b48d7380b0.png

image.png.4318149ba9a21e6184a20c42085c5d52.png

Would also maybe suggest having at least as many storage slots as a vessel? With only 8 slots instead of 12, other than as a nice looking item, it's more effective to use vessels and chests.

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Lisabet said:

Hi, just wanted to let you know that in a larder, your kitchen cabinets are less efficient than storage vessels, especially for grains.

image.thumb.png.6366f8cf2ed78d03077485b48d7380b0.png

image.png.4318149ba9a21e6184a20c42085c5d52.png

Would also maybe suggest having at least as many storage slots as a vessel? With only 8 slots instead of 12, other than as a nice looking item, it's more effective to use vessels and chests.

The thinking it was it's a pretty cheap item, with an icebox for higher end storage. I could increase the slots a bit not sure if i would adjust the storage time.

Also Mister Andy Dandy is working hard on an even better kitchen cabinet mod that will be separate from the tech stuff, which looks amazing.

I guess clay is technically cheaper than wood, but you can also acquire it MUCH sooner than you're able to saw wood into boards. 

Storage Vessels are, by far, the best storage container for food in the vanilla game. Any new items must be able to compete either through slots, perish time, or space efficiency, or else they're just glorified decor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

I guess clay is technically cheaper than wood, but you can also acquire it MUCH sooner than you're able to saw wood into boards. 

Storage Vessels are, by far, the best storage container for food in the vanilla game. Any new items must be able to compete either through slots, perish time, or space efficiency, or else they're just glorified decor.

The Cabinets are literally just glorified decor :)

could we maybe have a config file that lets us enable/disable portions of the mod, as other mods like zeekea do?  would make fewer things filling up the handbook/recipes

*edit*

I love the stove, for even if it has no actual benefit it's a very nice addition to the kitchen; but things like the sink which holds the same amount of water as a large barrel but costs quite a bit in materials, or these cabinets, I'd like to be able to disable them

*second edit*

I run 87 mods currently, most of which add many recipes to the handbook/game, and many of which I use only a few things from each particular mod.  The ability to disable portions of some of the mods helps make my game run much smoother.

Edited by Lisabet

20 hours ago, Lisabet said:

could we maybe have a config file that lets us enable/disable portions of the mod, as other mods like zeekea do?  would make fewer things filling up the handbook/recipes

*edit*

I love the stove, for even if it has no actual benefit it's a very nice addition to the kitchen; but things like the sink which holds the same amount of water as a large barrel but costs quite a bit in materials, or these cabinets, I'd like to be able to disable them

*second edit*

I run 87 mods currently, most of which add many recipes to the handbook/game, and many of which I use only a few things from each particular mod.  The ability to disable portions of some of the mods helps make my game run much smoother.

I can look at editing the recipes for the sink. You can disable them by removing the recipe. The QPTECH actual tech stuff i've been developing i've been trying to use json files for config stuff.

1 hour ago, Avos Cast said:

so.. do you plan on making cool lightbulbs that look turn of the 1800s centaury? please... lol 

That is a good idea :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the industrial oven set, kitchen wares, and electricity set up.

Sadly I'm having minor difficulties.

1. The Industrial oven will not self ignite with the stoker. It adds coal(fuel) when needed but it wont ignite for me.
  2. I cant get the electricity to work, I add a barrel on top of gen, then add water, then add forge on last remaing 4 face's to find output face but none will make electric.(a picture of the electric setup would be helpful)

Any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for making such a cool mod!

also, I have the API.

5 hours ago, Michael Branscum said:

I really like the industrial oven set, kitchen wares, and electricity set up.

Sadly I'm having minor difficulties.

1. The Industrial oven will not self ignite with the stoker. It adds coal(fuel) when needed but it wont ignite for me.
  2. I cant get the electricity to work, I add a barrel on top of gen, then add water, then add forge on last remaing 4 face's to find output face but none will make electric.(a picture of the electric setup would be helpful)

Any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for making such a cool mod!

also, I have the API.

1. This sounds like a bug for sure - unless your firepit is not directly under the generator maybe? 
(Hoping to streamline a lot of that, especially for the next tech level)

2. For the generator, the active power point will be facing away from you - place it and put forge on other side
    - under the generator you need to put a firepit and light it when it gets to 900 degrees it should start running (you should hear a little steam sound as it uses water)
    - over the generator you put a vanilla water barrel with water

14 hours ago, Quentin Preik said:

1. This sounds like a bug for sure - unless your firepit is not directly under the generator maybe? 
(Hoping to streamline a lot of that, especially for the next tech level)

2. For the generator, the active power point will be facing away from you - place it and put forge on other side
    - under the generator you need to put a firepit and light it when it gets to 900 degrees it should start running (you should hear a little steam sound as it uses water)
    - over the generator you put a vanilla water barrel with water

I removed and re-installed game and add-ons, now the Stoker and electric all work as intended. Much fun, thank you.

49 minutes ago, Michael Branscum said:

I removed and re-installed game and add-ons, now the Stoker and electric all work as intended. Much fun, thank you.

Glad you like it! I need to get off my butt and release the next preview release at least.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.