QPTECH v1.51 Now with carrying capacity!

QPTech

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AlanD said:

... Am I doing something wrong? I made a large cast iron stove, but I can't seem to USE it. It is functioning, right?

Should be able to use it fine - the top of the stove doesn't cook, only the interior. It should work just like a firepit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.1.3 for Vintage Story 1.15.1 is now available!

Okay ... I don’t think I’m checking. The Metal Press expects 1x ingot at 800 ° C of brass. I tried an ingot to 800 ° C, 900 ° C and completely heated, but the Metal Press won't take my ingots. The status is "Status: Needs Material". Anyone have an idea? The same is with the metal plate press. It has electricity but doesn't take my material. 🥲

Edit: Okay.. I have read the FAQ in the Discord of the Mod-Developer. And now.. i´m Enlightened  😅 - It Works. 

Edited by Julius van Vern

3 hours ago, Julius van Vern said:

Okay ... I don’t think I’m checking. The Metal Press expects 1x ingot at 800 ° C of brass. I tried an ingot to 800 ° C, 900 ° C and completely heated, but the Metal Press won't take my ingots. The status is "Status: Needs Material". Anyone have an idea? The same is with the metal plate press. It has electricity but doesn't take my material. 🥲

Edit: Okay.. I have read the FAQ in the Discord of the Mod-Developer. And now.. i´m Enlightened  😅 - It Works. 

Glad you figured it out - eventually i'll git gud at UI stuff and hopefully have more helpful in-game info than the programmer diagnostic output :)

• Like 2

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.1.4 for Vintage Story 1.15.1 is now available!
  • QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.1.5 - tweaks update

1.1.5 is out!
https://mods.vintagestory.at/qptech
Version 1.1.5 - tweaks and balancing
- cheaper recipes in some cases - 2x motors now require single motors.
- metal plate press can now make bronze plates
- added bronze wire pull plate (needs a quick fix)
- increased Kitchen Cabinet storage to 20, also increased wood cost
- copper wire now usable for wireplates (will probably phase out tin wire)

Been doing a survival play thru from scratch which has been super helpful. 
Some hot tips: Don't rush to tech, try and get a helvehammer at least, don't neglect the base game setup. Once you have some iron, and a decent supply of bronze and copper then start :)

• Like 1

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.2.1-pre.1 - tweaks update

Version 1.2.1-pre.1

Rebalancing release:

- cheaper crafting recipes in general
- improved machine output flow (eg: 2 ingots into press, yields plate, which can be fed into the rod machine to yield 5 rods, each
rod can yield 12 screws in screw press, so you can now get 30 screws from an ingot)
- preview builds of the motor and generator - electrical and mechanical power together! Please test in creative and provide feedback in the discord!
     Motor - electricity to mechanical power
     Generator - mechanical power to electricity - no you can't hook a motor to a generator and have them power each other :D
     Thanks to Novocain for making the models, and getting the code working!
     (one issue is on load the generator would have to be re-placed, i'm sure there are many other issues that will pop up!)
- better descriptive text in many places
- pipe bending machine - 2 plates yields 3 chute sections
- batteries, junctions, and wires can handle a lot more power
- new junction graphics, thanks Andy!

• - you can now make bronze plates in the plate press-
  • tin wire is being deprecated, you can now use copper in all the machines

• Like 1

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.2.1-pre.2 - hot fix to pre.1 (which features lots of recipe and processing tweaks and new description text etc)
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Samantha Goldsmith said:

hi there I followed the video to place the washer and it has a chest above full of sand and gravel, 4 creative generators (in case it was lack of power) and it still will not process any sand or gravel - what am I doing wrong?

Can you send a screenshot of your setup? That sounds right. Also sometimes helps to break and replace the wash plant.

1 hour ago, Samantha Goldsmith said:

2021-08-17_17-19-36.thumb.png.b5c15c2c1941ba19f6f5c0364fadfc6b.png2021-08-17_17-19-04.thumb.png.5fa9034c33c7673562fd2f1521d5d47b.png

this is my set up, I have deleted all parts multiple times and tried the junction connection at various levels - engines are running. Not sure if data on tooltip here shows washplant working? Anyway nothing is disappearing from the top locker

Ah the generators are not actually outputting to there - it doesn't have power. Break that generator at the bottom and the go like "behind" it from the screenshot, and turn around and place it in the spot, making sure you are facing those wires.

Also the washplant will attempt to insert stuff into a container below, which doesn't look like you have - it will spill items on the ground instead.

Hopefully it works!

30 minutes ago, Samantha Goldsmith said:

woohoo! it did! it was just the rotation on the generators :) thank you so much and your mod is epic by the way

Thanks so much! Really need to get to making a rotation wrench tool.

LOTS more to come :)

13 hours ago, AngryRob said:

Ah crap, it's got a wash plant, so that will make the sluice obsolete in the future. Does it have a recycler as well for melting down copper arrowheads and spear tips? 

It does its own thing right now, not handling the game's panning recipes :)

For recycler my bulk processing crucible i'm working on may eventually handle recovering metal stuff. But a lot of people really aren't going to run QPTECH anyways realistically, so mods that just do a few things like that will definitely be in demand! (QPTECH does kind of go against what most people play VS for I find)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been posting here, mostly on discord. Here's a sneak peek at the electric crucible (Will take in nuggets & ingots, and can set to output various ingots, including alloys if the appropriate metal is provide...and the appropriate heat can be reached) It will be a multi-block structure, though I think i will be able to allow for customization, like changing where the material in/out goes, and eventually upgrading heaters and such.

2021-08-29_15-42-16.thumb.png.4e90c8c9a6c58f54a975dbd01665a835.png

Edited by QPTECH
  • Amazing! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.