QPTECH v1.51 Now with carrying capacity!

QPTech

Awesome! Not only is this my absolute favorite mod, but you've also made my absolute favorite videos. I'm not a fan of tutorials that I've got to fast-forward through fifty minutes of fluff. It's clear, concise, and you're speaking voice is also clear. I don't need to hear your favorite CCR song in the background, I don't need to hear the joke your wife told you this morning, and I don't need your critique of the new flavor of Cheetos. I'm also not a fan of where people use the crosshair to circle the area of activity they're talking about; it's nauseating. Anyway, thank you for the mods and videos :) 

2 hours ago, Ryan Thomas said:

Awesome! Not only is this my absolute favorite mod, but you've also made my absolute favorite videos. I'm not a fan of tutorials that I've got to fast-forward through fifty minutes of fluff. It's clear, concise, and you're speaking voice is also clear. I don't need to hear your favorite CCR song in the background, I don't need to hear the joke your wife told you this morning, and I don't need your critique of the new flavor of Cheetos. I'm also not a fan of where people use the crosshair to circle the area of activity they're talking about; it's nauseating. Anyway, thank you for the mods and videos :) 

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah i don't like padded videos either, especially if it's supposed to help with something specific. (Also makes it easy to record and not have to edit)

But maybe i should put a dubstep 3d intro on my videos though...

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Javier Izquierdo said:

the 1.3 versioin dont seem to work for me, all the blocks are there but they are inert, not interactable and they do nothing, any known conflct with other mods?

Troubleshooting:
- do you have the QPTECHAPI mod installed as well?
- if you do try and replace the blocks in game

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@QPTECH Crash happens if someone is trying to place vanilla Hopper on top of Stoker (this one I was able to recreate). And here's a bit of logs in text format :D

28.10.2021 15:30:42 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at qptech.src.FirepitStoker.FirepitStokerEntity.OnTick(Single par)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()
28.10.2021 15:30:42 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)

Edited by ZigTheHedge

2 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

@QPTECH Crash happens if someone is trying to place vanilla Hopper on top of Stoker (this one I was able to recreate). And here's a bit of logs in text format :D
Ah i'm probably doing something dumb in assuming class types or something...it was basically my first block, Guess I'll have to figure it out.

22 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

Found and fixed! I'll try and get a new release up soon!

1.5 coming along! I put a build up for patrons. Heh i'd never actually added barrel filling from pipes, and now i've got it in, pretty cool:

example:
- fill barrel of water from pipe, add salt becomes brine
- then you have a pipe section (make sure it's off right now!)
- as you make each batch open the pipe below the barrel and fill up a big tank - now you can have a bulk tank of brine
- now the outputs from the brine would probably start turned off, with barrels under them
- then you say put some carrots into the barrel, like 24 say (why not)
- open the spout above the barrel and it will auto fill 24 units of brine
- close the spouts and seal!
- you could actually then have a pipe under that to recycle the 2 or 3 liters of brine that's usually in the tank!

• Mind=blown 2

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 4:34 AM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

@QPTECHCorrect "dependencies" and "authors": ["WQP"], your modinfo does not work correctly, mod can be loaded without api

Ah, well in 1.5 no qptechapi will be required any longer! So I guess I "fixed" it :D Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by QPTECH

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.5
41 minutes ago, Hells Razer said:

So I have a question: Why is torque not related to the vanilla mechanical system?

Or to put it in another way: Why are you not using the vanilla mechanical system?

Coding difficulties?

The reason I am asking is because creating a new mechanical energy transmission system reminds me of this xkcd strip: Standards

Coding difficulties, comprehension difficulties on my part :)

I will one day get the two integrated, and then it would just be a matter of adding that to the block that provides/uses torque.

• Cookie time 1

• QPTech changed the title to QPTECH v1.51 Now with carrying capacity!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right now there's a copper furnace which is just the firepit but stronger.
I think it would be more fitting to have it be a pellet stove.

You would have to process firewood into pellets by crushing then compacting the wood dust.
It's also possible to get this sawdust by creating certain wooden objects as a by-product.
It would require power to run but would auto-feed to keep it whatever temperature you set.

You lose efficiency (since you'd have to spend energy processing the wood) but gain automation and control.

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.