QPTECH v1.51 Now with carrying capacity!

QPTech

Recently added this mod to my server and have been enjoying the progress and especially the steel-tier machines, but I do have some feedback about some of the things we've encountered along the way. Overall though, awesome work, this mod is great and really makes some fun goals to work towards to help eliminate some of the grindier tasks in a balanced way! Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing what becomes of QPTech in the future.

• Sheet pressing currently feels like an unnecessary added task in the process, especially when you get to steel and virtually everything requires steel sheets rather than plates. There doesn't appear to be any machines that increase sheet yield per ingots used, and hammering a plate in the crafting grid feels like unnecessary added tedium. Is there something to sheets that I am missing, or are there future plans for better ways to make them? The sheet press can eliminate having to use the hammer and crafting grid, but it still just feels like an extra step for the sake of being an extra step.
  • The industrial oven is great for pies, but feels very lackluster for stackable baking items like breads and such, especially being a machine that you can't make until pretty late game. Each item takes roughly 15 seconds to cook, and the machine can only cook 1 at a time. Baking up something like a stack of 32 bread dough becomes a rather time consuming process with the industrial oven compared to the vanilla clay ovens, which can bake 4 at a time. I would suggest maybe adding functionality to the industrial oven where you can add MV heaters to them, perhaps reducing the baking time by 4 seconds per attached heater or something along those lines. As it stands, until I'm at the point of having enough solar panels to run an industrial oven for "free," I'd rather just use clay ovens.
  • The inconsistency of the rod press upgrade compared to the others isn't obvious. After making a press for plates and screws, it's easy to assume that upgrading the screw press would follow the same progression and just require adding some iron machine plates to the press, but instead you have to make a lathe. Ended up kicking myself wasting iron on that discovery. Perhaps down the road, eliminating the "hardened" press recipes and replacing them we new machines like the lathe did would be a better approach just to keep the progression consistent.
  • It's not very evident what machines are "conductive" and which ones are not. I seem to have some machines that I don't need to have directly connected to my power grid as long as the item they are attached to is powered (such as an industrial air blower on a bloomery worker), but there's no tooltip or visual indicator of this. Some updates on the block text description would be a big help here.
  • Is there a specific way to force an industrial mixer to change its recipe? Any time I want to swap between, for example, making liquid rubber and making concrete, I end up having to break the mixer and placing it again. I've tried using the screwdriver and pipe wrench (always making sure to purge any remaining liquid into a tank below the mixer) and taking ingredients in and out of the input chest, but nothing seems to force the mixer to change its recipe from whatever it was making last.
  • Very minor item, but I'd love to see the wire pulling plates be updated to be able to be hung from tool racks. I'm surprised they can't already since they are in every other way counted as a tool, but it would be a nice immersion-building touch to be able to hang them up alongside your screwdriver and pipe wrench.
Edited by Credinus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.