Collaborative Classes Revised [version 2.0.1]

717062624_Collaborative_Classes_BannerRevised.thumb.png.b6e163ce98a029305d8585d836631e78.png

-Collaborative Classes Revised-

PLEASE NOTE: Any version earlier than 2.0.0 will not be compatiable with versions after and including 2.0.0

Why the revision? I after testing the mod I felt that the amount of classes were too large and that this stopped most people from playing the mod, this is one of the reason for the change but also due to balanceing issues and general feedback.
This is my first mod so thank you for both your time and understanding.

Collaborative Classes is a mod that aims to bring a stronger focus on classes in vintage story. This includes changing the postives and negatives of the classes to be more focused on collaborative gameplay. Many of the classes now specialize in only a few particular things, with a set of negatives to things they are not good at. With the aim of the mod to promote trading and collaboration on servers, I would recommend not playing in single player.

Mod Includes:

• Revamps the classes to be more focused around collaboration and trading within a community.
  • Adds reinforced tools (2x Durability) that require mulitple classes to craft. (Tools for All Classes)
  • Miner can turn Crystalized Ores into Gem Bits for other classes to use in recipes.
  • Miner can craft a hybrid pick that both mines and can be used as a weapon
  • Mercenary can turn Gem Bits into sellable gems.
  • Mercenary can make smaller denominations of rusty and temporal gears (for player trading)
  • Mercenary can craft superior copper and iron weapons
  • Mercenary can mend metal armor
  • Gatherer can craft dye which can be made into coloured chiselable blocks
  • Gatherer can craft seeds (quite expensive)
  • Hunter can make bone masks
  • Hunter can mend leather armor

Download: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/453

Classes:

Spoiler

Baseline Class: 236828673_ClassBackgroundLineartSilver.png.c5fefbe8544802ae23e38e949a437622.png Extra Class: 60639532_ClassBackgroundLineartCopper.png.c6c77cc3977d58ca07a027fb94441110.png

236828673_ClassBackgroundLineartSilver.png.c5fefbe8544802ae23e38e949a437622.pngHunter:

Hunter.png.ed1984a864b41544c8f8ae58e2c76e3a.png

236828673_ClassBackgroundLineartSilver.png.c5fefbe8544802ae23e38e949a437622.pngGatherer:

Gatherer.png.9ba7731d5fe90c5c59e329921dff47bf.png

236828673_ClassBackgroundLineartSilver.png.c5fefbe8544802ae23e38e949a437622.pngMiner:

Miner.png.84f7abf04d1733c7bb9b5737460f1096.png

60639532_ClassBackgroundLineartCopper.png.c6c77cc3977d58ca07a027fb94441110.pngMercenary:

Mercenary.png.9b2703763349966ec425b46c9cb93dbe.png

Features:

Spoiler

806512322_WeaponRackSwordsRevised.thumb.png.acea52ff871475bf67134deabc7421a2.png1386874825_WeaponRackWarpickRevised.thumb.png.3635cf993a61fbcaa2f58c433f4a7150.png1472820561_WeaponRackToolsRevised.thumb.png.d0450990de1f79704e2e145111ff1a3a.png1856590709_ColouredBlocksRevised.thumb.png.50122a7e88c0d9e0052c97ccf742fa60.png

Things (Hopefully) To Come:

• Finish Gem-Cutting Trait & Recipes. Done
  • Bone tools/weapons for hunter. Scraped Idea
  • Seed recipes for gatherer.
  • More Classes Such As Cook. or maybe adding recipes for food to existing classes? Need a coder
  • More Gem Bits recipes for Gatherer, Hunter, Miner
  • Additional Items For Mercenary. Done
  • Get Feedback=Better Mod?

Potential Issues:

• Any mod that adds/changes classes or traits WILL clash with this mod. BUT should work with xskills and xlib mods
  • Any mod that edits the game lang file MAY clash with this mod.
  • Reinforced tools won't use other mods crafting recipes.
  • Loading up an old world and opening the traits tab WILL crash your game
  • This mod will only work on fresh worlds

Credits:

• Thanks to BluryFace for some great models - (https://www.twitch.tv/blury_rng)
  • If anybody is looking to help or want to make a addon to this mod, absolutely, message me and I will be glad for the help/support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

Spoiler

Changelog:

0.9.0: Test Release: Collaborative Classes

- Added classes and reinforcced tools

0.9.5: Test Release: GemCutting

- Added Jewellers Kit + Gem Bits w/traits
    - Added Crude Bow + Arrows to Hunter w/trait
    - Added pennypinching trait to merchant = 1/3 conversion of temporal gears to rusty
    - Finished the handbook info page
    - Rebalanced Classes:

Miner - 40% > 30% Loot Animals
        Soldier -40 > -30% Ore Mining
        Soldier -10% > 0% Walk Speed
        Engineer -40% > -20% Loot Animals
        Gatherer 5 > 2 Extra Health Points
        Gatherer 100% > 60% Forage Rate

1.0.0: Release: Main Release

- Added gardener trait to gatherer = seed crafting
    - Added Gardening Kit + Dyes = coloured blocks for chiseling/decoration
    - Added bone wright trait to hunter = bone masks
    - Added leatherworker trait to hunter = repair leather armour with repair bits
    - Added blacksmith trait to soldier = repair metal armour with repair bits
    - Added forger trait to soldier = craft better weapons in both copper and iron
    - Modified grimy trait for miner = added war-picks to both mine and attack with
    - Added gear bits to the 'Pennypinching' trait to facilitate easier player on player trades
    - Rebalanced Classes:

Soldier 2 > 5 Extra Health Points

1.0.1: Release: General Cleanup + Missed Things

- Updated gardener trait with new seeds
    - Updated keeneye trait with new bows
    - Updated knowledgeable trait with sewing kit + clothing
    - Major file clean up and sort out

2.0.0: Revamp: Making Changes

- Revamped the classes from 6-4
    - Combined Merchant and Soldier into Mercenary
    - Combined Miner and Engineer
    - Added Reinforced Shovel

Collaborative Classes Revised 2.0.1.zip

Edited by Captain Oats
Updated Mod
  • Cookie time 3

• Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 1.0.0]
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 1.0.2]
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes Revised [version 2.0.0]
  • 2 months later...
(posting here as well as moddb just in case you don't get notifications on the moddb page)

Noticed a bit of a bug.

On the class selector if I just 'ESC' out of the menu it forces me into a hunter class, which is fine. but it doesnt give me clothing for that class, I'm just in the nude. you may need to prevent the ability to ESC out of the menu or something

On 10/17/2021 at 9:30 PM, Nathan Robson said:
(posting here as well as moddb just in case you don't get notifications on the moddb page)

Noticed a bit of a bug.

On the class selector if I just 'ESC' out of the menu it forces me into a hunter class, which is fine. but it doesnt give me clothing for that class, I'm just in the nude. you may need to prevent the ability to ESC out of the menu or something

Thanks for the info but I think that may be a bug with the base game that I can't do much about. Does reloging in to the world you are playing on re-open the character screen?

If you are playing on a single player world you can type .charsel (BUT keep in mind this won't give the clothes of the class you chose, it will only change you class).

You could also if you are playing on a single player world delete your charactor files and join the single player world anew (PLEASE DO NOT do this with stuff in your inventory as it will also be deleted).

Applogies for not getting back sooner I have been quite busy, also it didn't seem to ping me for the message.

Edited by Captain Oats

• Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes Revised [version 2.0.1]