Collaborative Classes [version 3.0.4] {Retired}

Captain Oats

Collaborative_Classes_Banner.thumb.png.c04dc98141b6d6d5e47466b655550e02.png

-Collaborative Classes- {Retired}

PLEASE NOTE: Any version earlier than 3.0.0 will not be compatiable with versions after and including 3.0.0

This is my first mod so thank you for both your time and understanding.

Collaborative Classes is a mod that aims to bring a stronger focus on classes in vintage story. This includes changing the postives and negatives of the classes to be more focused on collaborative gameplay. Many of the classes now specialize in only a few particular things, with a set of negatives to things they are not good at. With the aim of the mod to promote trading and collaboration on servers, I would recommend not playing in single player.

Mod Includes:

• Revamps the classes to be more focused around collaboration and trading within a community.
  • Adds reinforced tools (2x Durability) that require mulitple classes to craft. (Tools for All Classes)
  • Mercenary can turn Gem Bits into sellable gems.
  • Mercenary and Labourer can make smaller denominations of rusty and temporal gears (for player trading).
  • Mercenary can craft superior copper and iron weapons.
  • Mercenary can mend metal armor.
  • Excavator can turn Crystalized Ores into Gem Bits for other classes to use in recipes.
  • Excavator can craft a hybrid pick that both mines and can be used as a weapon.
  • Labourer can craft dye which can be made into coloured chiselable blocks.
  • Gatherer can craft seeds. (quite expensive)
  • Forester gathers wood and charocoal with higher yeild.
  • Hunter can make bone masks.
  • Hunter can mend leather armor.

Download: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/453

Classes:

Spoiler

2086627168_CollaborativeClasses.thumb.png.a45b4732848b9e21ecb33df1bf254e54.png

Features:

Spoiler

806512322_WeaponRackSwordsRevised.thumb.png.acea52ff871475bf67134deabc7421a2.png1386874825_WeaponRackWarpickRevised.thumb.png.3635cf993a61fbcaa2f58c433f4a7150.png1472820561_WeaponRackToolsRevised.thumb.png.d0450990de1f79704e2e145111ff1a3a.png1856590709_ColouredBlocksRevised.thumb.png.50122a7e88c0d9e0052c97ccf742fa60.png

Potential Issues:

• Any mod that adds/changes classes or traits WILL clash with this mod. BUT should work with xskills and xlib mods
  • Reinforced tools won't use other mods crafting recipes.
  • Loading up an old world and opening the traits tab WILL crash your game
  • This mod will only work on fresh worlds

Credits:

• Thanks to BluryFace for some great models - (https://www.twitch.tv/blury_rng)
  • If anybody is looking to help or want to make a addon to this mod, absolutely, message me and I will be glad for the help/support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

Spoiler

Changelog:

0.9.0: Test Release: Collaborative Classes

- Added classes and reinforcced tools

0.9.5: Test Release: GemCutting

- Added Jewellers Kit + Gem Bits w/traits
    - Added Crude Bow + Arrows to Hunter w/trait
    - Added pennypinching trait to merchant = 1/3 conversion of temporal gears to rusty
    - Finished the handbook info page
    - Rebalanced Classes:

Miner - 40% > 30% Loot Animals
        Soldier -40 > -30% Ore Mining
        Soldier -10% > 0% Walk Speed
        Engineer -40% > -20% Loot Animals
        Gatherer 5 > 2 Extra Health Points
        Gatherer 100% > 60% Forage Rate

1.0.0: Release: Main Release

- Added gardener trait to gatherer = seed crafting
    - Added Gardening Kit + Dyes = coloured blocks for chiseling/decoration
    - Added bone wright trait to hunter = bone masks
    - Added leatherworker trait to hunter = repair leather armour with repair bits
    - Added blacksmith trait to soldier = repair metal armour with repair bits
    - Added forger trait to soldier = craft better weapons in both copper and iron
    - Modified grimy trait for miner = added war-picks to both mine and attack with
    - Added gear bits to the 'Pennypinching' trait to facilitate easier player on player trades
    - Rebalanced Classes:

Soldier 2 > 5 Extra Health Points

1.0.1: Release: General Cleanup + Missed Things

- Updated gardener trait with new seeds
    - Updated keeneye trait with new bows
    - Updated knowledgeable trait with sewing kit + clothing
    - Major file clean up and sort out

2.0.0: Revamp: Making Changes

- Revamped the classes from 6-4
    - Combined Merchant and Soldier into Mercenary
    - Combined Miner and Engineer
    - Added Reinforced Shovel

2.0.1: Release: Bug Stomping

- Addded Gear bits now placable
    - Updated All bread now should work in reinforcing kits both copper and iron
    - Updated Reinforced Shovel now correctly implemnted

2.0.2: Update: 1.16 Update

- Updated to new Version but not 100% tested everything, please messsage if anything is wrong.

3.0.0: Revamp: 2nd time's the charm!

- Revamped the classes back up to 6 from 4 (just had too much to add and too little space to add it with only 4 classes)
    - Whole load of changes and updates to make things better (hopefully)

3.0.1: Release: Merc Loot Vessels Bug

- Now Mercenary's can loot vessels properly

3.0.2: Release: Redwood Firewood Bug

- Firewood can be split from all types of logs now

3.0.3: Release: Currancy Balance

- Fixed armour repairing
    - Made armour repair cheaper/more viable
    - ALL classes now can make smaller demoninations of rusty gears (for servers that use rusty gears as currancy)
    - Balanced Mercenary for servers that use rusty gears as currancy
    - Split Repair Bits into metal and leather for smarter recipes on armour repair
    - Other minor changes

3.0.4: Release: Vanilla Recipes Fix

- Changed Hacking Spear to require Knowledgeable trait
    - Changed Black Guard Sword & Shield to require Forger trait

Edited by Captain Oats
Retired Mod
  • Cookie time 3

• Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 1.0.0]
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 1.0.2]
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes Revised [version 2.0.0]
  • 2 months later...
(posting here as well as moddb just in case you don't get notifications on the moddb page)

Noticed a bit of a bug.

On the class selector if I just 'ESC' out of the menu it forces me into a hunter class, which is fine. but it doesnt give me clothing for that class, I'm just in the nude. you may need to prevent the ability to ESC out of the menu or something

On 10/17/2021 at 9:30 PM, Nathan Robson said:
(posting here as well as moddb just in case you don't get notifications on the moddb page)

Noticed a bit of a bug.

On the class selector if I just 'ESC' out of the menu it forces me into a hunter class, which is fine. but it doesnt give me clothing for that class, I'm just in the nude. you may need to prevent the ability to ESC out of the menu or something

Thanks for the info but I think that may be a bug with the base game that I can't do much about. Does reloging in to the world you are playing on re-open the character screen?

If you are playing on a single player world you can type .charsel (BUT keep in mind this won't give the clothes of the class you chose, it will only change you class).

You could also if you are playing on a single player world delete your charactor files and join the single player world anew (PLEASE DO NOT do this with stuff in your inventory as it will also be deleted).

Applogies for not getting back sooner I have been quite busy, also it didn't seem to ping me for the message.

Edited by Captain Oats

• Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes Revised [version 2.0.1]
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes Revised [version 2.0.2]

I'm sure someone has mentioned by now how the hunter having lower melee damage - even lower than other classes where you'd expect it more, just doesn't make sense.

Is there any way to restrict them from, say, being able to smith or use the top three(or four, or five) tiers of armor, maybe?

Perhaps I should be asking this of the devs themselves...

On 1/26/2022 at 3:14 AM, Jesse Caron said:

I'm sure someone has mentioned by now how the hunter having lower melee damage - even lower than other classes where you'd expect it more, just doesn't make sense.

Is there any way to restrict them from, say, being able to smith or use the top three(or four, or five) tiers of armor, maybe?

Perhaps I should be asking this of the devs themselves...

Thanks for the feedback, the damage was reduced for melee weapons to 'balance' out the increase in ranged weapons but I do understand your point.

Your second point would be nice but I don't believe there is a way to restrict smithing on a per class basis other than just removing the entire thing for all classes.

I'm currantly working on a big update which will be coming out soonTM.

• Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 3.0.0]
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 3.0.2]

I have a question about the laborer class and colored blocks. ( the pictures of the blocks says gatherer but the description for making dyes and blocks is in laborer.)  I have always chosen commoner because I like to do a little of everything.  But the server I am on uses this mod so  I am a bit worried that I won't be able to make colored blocks any more, and chiseling is one of my favorite things to do. Will it be the case, that I won't be able to make colored blocks any more unless I change my class to laborer?  I know there are things that can only be made by each class, except commoner, that are exclusive to the class. 

13 hours ago, breeze108 said:

I have a question about the laborer class and colored blocks. ( the pictures of the blocks says gatherer but the description for making dyes and blocks is in laborer.)  I have always chosen commoner because I like to do a little of everything.  But the server I am on uses this mod so  I am a bit worried that I won't be able to make colored blocks any more, and chiseling is one of my favorite things to do. Will it be the case, that I won't be able to make colored blocks any more unless I change my class to laborer?  I know there are things that can only be made by each class, except commoner, that are exclusive to the class. 

Thanks for the question. The coloured blocks my mod uses are custom made and are not the vanilla coloured blocks, They use a very basic crafting recipe to make 'crude dye' (this was before real dyes were added to the game). The labourer class is the only class that can make these custom blocks, if the server your playing on has some way of making the in-game vanilla coloured blocks then my mod does no touch that and you should still be able to make them.

Also I need to update the pictures (I forgot to update them when updating the mod). Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 3.0.4]

I am getting this if i do "allowcharselonce":

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: animalcages@2.0.6, chiseltools@1.4.2, collabclasses@3.0.4, expandedfoods@1.5.3-pre.5, fancydoors@1.1.0, itemlights@1.0.2, moreroads@1.4.3, necessaries@1.1.1, primitivesurvival@2.8.0, shinglesandthethings@1.0.1, rope-bridges@1.1.0, spyglass@0.4.5, stacks@1.0.4, thecritterpack@0.7.6, tradeomat@1.6.0, game@1.16.4, alchemy@1.6.3, dsdebarkedlogs@1.0.4, fancyplanters@1.0.4, lichen@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.7.1, morepiles@1.2.0, petai@1.3.7, pei@1.2.1, peifm@1.0.1, playercorpse@1.3.1, tprunes@1.0.3, usefulstuff@2.3.2, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4, wildfarming@1.2.8, workbenchexpansion@1.4.1, xlib@0.6.8, xrowboat@0.0.3, bricklayers@0.9.0, cobexclusives@1.2.4, wildcraft@1.2.1, xskillspatched@0.6.9-dev.7
02.04.2022 18:20:18: Critical error occurred
System.ArgumentException: Not a valid character class code!
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.CharacterSystem.setCharacterClass(EntityPlayer player, String classCode, Boolean initializeGear)
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogCreateCharacter.OnGuiOpened()
   bei Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.TryOpen()
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.CharacterSystem.onCharSelCmd(Int32 groupId, CmdArgs args)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudDialogChat.OnNewClientToServerChatLine(Int32 groupId, String message, EnumChatType chattype, String data)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerNewClientChatLine(Int32 groupid, String message, EnumChatType chattype, String data)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudDialogChat.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.game_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyboardKeyEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.NativeWindowBase.OnKeyDown(Key key, Boolean repeat) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\NativeWindowBase.cs:Zeile 130.
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleKeyboard(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:Zeile 646.
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:Zeile 828.
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:Zeile 1551.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 369.
   bei _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   bei _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 05.03.2022 20:03:31, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.16.4.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6219e03d
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1503, Zeitstempel: 0xb2acaea9
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0020001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000034f69
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x19c24
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d830c3a796aa27
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: cc050683-ec69-4ad5-80f9-b51ebe96da89
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 05.03.2022 20:03:31, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0020001, Ausnahmeadresse 00007FFDDE794F69
Stapel:
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 01.03.2022 02:20:26, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = Das Programm Vintagestory.exe Version 1.16.4.0 hat die Interaktion mit Windows beendet und wurde geschlossen. Überprüfen Sie den Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung "Sicherheit und Wartung", um nach weiteren Informationen zum Problem zu suchen.

Prozess-ID: eb24

Startzeit: 01d82ce4247a28ce

Beendigungszeit: 216

Anwendungspfad: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Bericht-ID: 1fee0b98-4f3d-4482-b452-625fb21e41bb

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Relative Anwendungs-ID des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Absturztyp: Unknown
 }

Edit: Ok, did not notice that the mod will only work on fresh worlds.

Edited by CoB

• Captain Oats changed the title to Collaborative Classes [version 3.0.4] {Retired}

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.