Alchemy

Llama3013

Ok, I've started trying alchemy a bit and have already hit my first roadblock.  You mention and even encourage using the Wild Farming mod for a renewable source of flowers, yet the recipe for the raw cuttings of flowers before they go on the drying rack is a knife and the flower...

That's the recipe in Wild Farming to make seeds from flowers.  May I suggest using the shears to make your cuttings? 

image.png.081fe6e7fcb622cb80115e83f57e3355.png

• Thanks 2

Hey, @Streetwind as l33tman said the distiller is coming and I will probably adapt the distillery in some way when it is introduced. Also yes, it is probably a good idea to have the weak variant to be used with early game, I am thinking maybe have clay bottle variant.

@l33tmaanthe herb rack works sort of like a shelf. To place things on the herbrack they have to have the attribute:

herbrackable: true

The herbs would probably work with the meat rack I think. As long as the meat rack has a higher cure rate than perish rate. I wanted it to be dry rate but I don't think its added yet.

The potions currently aren't liquids, I keep putting it off changing them to liquids because it will probably break existing potions again and I am not 100% sure how the remapping works.

If you want to check out my code its on github here https://github.com/Llama3013/vsmod-Alchemy. Feel free to message me on discord or vintagestory if you need help with any of my code.

53 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

Ok, I've started trying alchemy a bit and have already hit my first roadblock.  You mention and even encourage using the Wild Farming mod for a renewable source of flowers, yet the recipe for the raw cuttings of flowers before they go on the drying rack is a knife and the flower...

That's the recipe in Wild Farming to make seeds from flowers.  May I suggest using the shears to make your cuttings? 

image.png.081fe6e7fcb622cb80115e83f57e3355.png

Hey, yeah thats a major oversight on my part. I did have a different recipe at first but I changed it before I released the build for balancing. I will create a new build with the recipe using shears soon.

EDIT: I have updated the mod to replace the cutting recipe to use shears instead of knife.

Edited by Llama3013
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Llama3013 said:

@l33tmaanthe herb rack works sort of like a shelf. To place things on the herbrack they have to have the attribute:

herbrackable: true

The herbs would probably work with the meat rack I think. As long as the meat rack has a higher cure rate than perish rate. I wanted it to be dry rate but I don't think its added yet.

Okay, cool. The meat rack triples (I think?) the cure rate of things that are on it, so I think it wouldn't be that difficult for me to patch herbs using your shapes to cause them to be visible on the meat rack... I'll play around with it. 🤔

I don't think you can remap your bottle blocks without erasing what's inside them. Even when Jake turned bottles from blocks into containers, he couldn't find a way to preserve what liquids were inside them. It was worth it for us, though (especially with how many liquids I'm adding in the next update). I don't know if it'd be worth it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thorn Wiese said:

Im just curious if its balanced as of 1.3 

They are more balanced now as of 1.3 than 1.2 but I will still be tinkering with the values and I am open to balancing suggestions.

EDIT: If you want to change any of the values of the potions you can do so by changing the values in assets/blocktypes/potions.json.

Edited by Llama3013
To tell people that they can change values.

I'm not using this mod currently, because wild farming hasn't updated to 1.4.10, but I have a few suggestions for things I'd like to see in the future, as I'm no modder, and my previous attempts at code have been disasterous.

• Amphibian Adaptation: increase the amount of time you can spend under water, and increase the speed of swimming
  • Ambushers Applique: increase the length of time ranged weapons can be aimed before losing accuracy, increases melee range slightly
  • Cat's Eye Catalyst: increases the range at which darkness obscures your vision completely, making night travel easier
  • Sweet Sedative: increases the length of time the player can spend sleeping (+1 hour/ level?)
  • Trapper's Tincture: places an outline on animals in a radius around you that shows through branches and leaves, making it harder for animals to lose you in the brush
  • Cloying Compound: Decreases the rate at which temporal stability is lost, making cave exploration last longer

Something that could be done is using the various less used plants in recipes, such as the cactus and seaweed, as well as some of the more useless minerals, ground up in a pulveriser. Rhodochrosite, Cinnabar and Chromite come to mind, and sulfur too, though I find that I go through it fairly quickly...

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SironaGold said:

I'm not using this mod currently, because wild farming hasn't updated to 1.4.10, but I have a few suggestions for things I'd like to see in the future, as I'm no modder, and my previous attempts at code have been disasterous.

• Amphibian Adaptation: increase the amount of time you can spend under water, and increase the speed of swimming
  • Ambushers Applique: increase the length of time ranged weapons can be aimed before losing accuracy, increases melee range slightly
  • Cat's Eye Catalyst: increases the range at which darkness obscures your vision completely, making night travel easier
  • Sweet Sedative: increases the length of time the player can spend sleeping (+1 hour/ level?)
  • Trapper's Tincture: places an outline on animals in a radius around you that shows through branches and leaves, making it harder for animals to lose you in the brush
  • Cloying Compound: Decreases the rate at which temporal stability is lost, making cave exploration last longer

Something that could be done is using the various less used plants in recipes, such as the cactus and seaweed, as well as some of the more useless minerals, ground up in a pulveriser. Rhodochrosite, Cinnabar and Chromite come to mind, and sulfur too, though I find that I go through it fairly quickly...

Thanks for the suggestions for the potions. I plan to add some more potions soon and maybe add herbs, cactus and seaweed as potion ingredients.

14 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Unless they changed something in 1.4.10 that broke it, yeah, it should be fine.

Fool that I am, I thought that all updates broke mods due to my experience with Civ 5 and MC, I know now that I am a fool!

8 hours ago, Llama3013 said:

Thanks for the suggestions for the potions. I plan to add some more potions soon and maybe add herbs, cactus and seaweed as potion ingredients.

I'm looking forward to it! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Hey, I'm having a bit of a bug with the most recent version of this mod. It could be user error or a conflict and I will try disabling mods and reporting back. But anyway: I cannot seem to make potion bases. I put the ingredients in the grid with a mortar and pestle but nothing comes out.

EDIT:

This one was actually user error. I was....using the wrong mortar and pestle from another mod and.... I'm just going to go hide in shame now. Sorry to bother you.

Edited by Hrafn Rune
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I want to make sure I understand this right: This mod doesn't do anything with herbs, only flowers?

At the moment it only uses flowers since I don't think herbs spawn without wild farming mod. I am planning on adding compatibility to wild farming mod to include herbs, cactus and seaweed to the recipes for when it is used.

1 minute ago, l33tmaan said:

Neat, just making sure. I've been able to get the cuttings to hang from the Expanded Foods hooks fine, but I haven't tried to see if I can't get meat and sausage to dry on your rack...

I should be able to do that if you want. I can work on that sometime today probably.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:16 PM, l33tmaan said:

I'm sure that just adding herbrackable: true will let me put them on your rack, but can I move their placement around at all? That's the part I'm concerned about.

I just checked and I think I placed all of the placement data straight into the translateMesh function. So its impossible to change placement at this time. I will work on making it jsonable today.

Edited by Llama3013

Ah... you might want to rotate the origin points of these shapes or something. Everything I place on your rack faces the same direction.

2021-06-04_02-02-29.jpg.7ef1f45522f60a7bfbaf25cbaa6de373.jpg

It's hard to tell, but the origin points in the EF rack are flipped 180 degrees. You'll probably want to do yours in increments of 45 degrees.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.