Alchemy

Llama3013

• 2 weeks later...

The glow is not really different from a torch or lantern. It would illuminate the near surroundings only. It was more about being able to see somewhat far into the night. I am sure this would be a potion that many would love, since most people do not like nights that much.

Edited by CoB_Kai

3 hours ago, CoB_Kai said:

The glow is not really different from a torch or lantern. It would illuminate the near surroundings only. It was more about being able to see somewhat far into the night. I am sure this would be a potion that many would love, since most people do not like nights that much.

Oh, I totally understand. I just said that because XSkills also has a glowing ability that's the counterpart of the skill you already spoke about... and Terraria has a glowing potion. 😛

With shields coming out, it might be useful to keep your surroundings lit while you're in 'combat mode', so to speak.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Yes I think I can get a night vision or at the very least, a strong glow potion (maybe both). I am currently away from my computer for a couple of days so I probably won't be able to work on it for a while. Also I am currently working on trying to get potions converted into liquids so I will hopefully have that out in my next update.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

can i suggest that the potions are crafted in a cooking pot or something similar? i mean, all the proces is super great but the last step (crafting the potions using the ingredients+ the phial) i feel like it would be more fitting if they were produced in a cooking scenario. it doesn't make much sense to mix two dusts (because the plants have to dry and then heated and then mashed together, they would be quite quite dry) to make a liquid-looking potion. l

anywho it's just a suggestion i'm really loving this mod, my world is quite barren of minerals (and plants to say the least) and it's being super super helpful! 

Edited by 1Joachim1
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 2:28 AM, 1Joachim1 said:

can i suggest that the potions are crafted in a cooking pot or something similar? i mean, all the proces is super great but the last step (crafting the potions using the ingredients+ the phial) i feel like it would be more fitting if they were produced in a cooking scenario. it doesn't make much sense to mix two dusts (because the plants have to dry and then heated and then mashed together, they would be quite quite dry) to make a liquid-looking potion. l

anywho it's just a suggestion i'm really loving this mod, my world is quite barren of minerals (and plants to say the least) and it's being super super helpful! 

Hey 1Joachim1, thanks for the suggestion and I'm glad you are enjoying the mod. Yes I agree the crafting for potions was a bit silly. I have just done a major update in the latest alchemy version which changes the potions to be an actual liquid now. I have also changed the crafting recipes so now you have to use the barrel to craft the potions. I would like to add a cauldron that requires some heat in the future but we will see.

Edited by Llama3013

1 hour ago, Llama3013 said:

Hey 1Joachim1, thanks for the suggestion and I'm glad you are enjoying the mod. Yes I agree the crafting for potions was a bit silly. I have just done a major update in the latest alchemy version which changes the potions to be an actual liquid now. I have also changed the crafting recipes so now you have to use the barrel to craft the potions. I would like to add a cauldron that requires some heat in the future but we will see.

A cauldron, you say? 🤔

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Scout said:

Some bugs in 1.16:

- Potion flasks on shelves display like you can see in the image.
- Recipe for potion tea missing in the handbook
- searching for potion tea in the handbook outputs the recipe for wooden bucket

2022-01-11_15-29-20.png

Thanks for finding these. I have fixed the handbook entry for potion tea. The potion on the shelf looks really strange but I know exactly what is causing the problem I will try to fix it today.

• Amazing! 1

2 hours ago, Llama3013 said:

Yes, much like your cauldron. Would I be able to use your cauldron down the line. If so how would we provide compatibility and if someone has only one mod installed how would we handle that.

You could just create an expandedfoods domain in your mod, next to your alchemy domain and put the cauldron code in there. If someone has both mods installed, it should be fine. However, the cauldron code... needs much improvement before I would recommend actually doing that. It's pretty rough right now.

17 hours ago, Scout said:

Some bugs in 1.16:

- Potion flasks on shelves display like you can see in the image.
- Recipe for potion tea missing in the handbook
- searching for potion tea in the handbook outputs the recipe for wooden bucket

2022-01-11_15-29-20.png

Fixed the shelf rendering slightly. (Still not showing correct liquid amounts)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

You could just create an expandedfoods domain in your mod, next to your alchemy domain and put the cauldron code in there. If someone has both mods installed, it should be fine. However, the cauldron code... needs much improvement before I would recommend actually doing that. It's pretty rough right now.

Cool, I didn't know it worked like that. It will be a while till I actually use the cauldron atm. Gotta work on alot more first.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, Yvette Forty said:

Can this mod be used in someway with Wildcraft v1.1.0! Just a thought seeing how the other is not updated.

I have added some wildcraft compatibility in the latest alchemy update. Let me know if there are any problems. (Apologies for the late reply)

16 hours ago, JarielEledan said:

Ah...at the moment it seems that none of the wildcraft plants work for alchemy. None of them seems to have the capacity to create either clippings or potion preparations, while the preparation recipe still flashes them as being viable. I can't even find the clippings/etc in the handbook 😧

Yes, the base vintagestory game and wildcraft actually have different items even though they look exactly the same. I think the author of wildcraft added a new item to make it easier to edit instead of json/harmony patching. It will probably now flash the herbs twice as much now since it will flash the base game herb and the wildcraft herb.

Edited by Llama3013
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Llama3013 said:

I have added some wildcraft compatibility in the latest alchemy update. Let me know if there are any problems. (Apologies for the late reply)

Yes, the base vintagestory game and wildcraft actually have different items even though they look exactly the same. I think the author of wildcraft added a new item to make it easier to edit instead of json/harmony patching. It will probably now flash the herbs twice as much now since it will flash the base game herb and the wildcraft herb.

I tried the update, it seems like the objects are still different. I can find (for example) marjoram cuttings on the handbook and the recipe calls for shears+marjoram, but the marjoram from Wildcraft still seems like a different object that only makes the seeds :o It's all kinda confusing :I Still absolutely loving the mod and gods, I *adore* the new implementation of the liquid system, it makes making different strength potions actually more viable with the fact you get more uses (with potion tea getting 1 liter instead of the single use herb bundle). Great job ♥

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yvette Forty said:

There are a couple mods I really would like to see kept up "expanded foods and wild farming (although I don't like the trees on tilled ground, it's unnatural), I would love to help but I've never modded anything before, I'm only a retired graphic designer.

Expanded Foods will be updated eventually, l33tman is working on it but there is a lot to do, so it it will be updated when its updated.

47 minutes ago, JarielEledan said:

I tried the update, it seems like the objects are still different. I can find (for example) marjoram cuttings on the handbook and the recipe calls for shears+marjoram, but the marjoram from Wildcraft still seems like a different object that only makes the seeds :o It's all kinda confusing :I Still absolutely loving the mod and gods, I *adore* the new implementation of the liquid system, it makes making different strength potions actually more viable with the fact you get more uses (with potion tea getting 1 liter instead of the single use herb bundle). Great job ♥

I will look into the marjoram cuttings and other herbs crafting a bit deeper tomorrow, I did only a quick fix for compatibility with wildcraft and only tested a couple of herbs. Also glad you like the mod.

Edited by Llama3013
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Llama3013 said:

Expanded Foods will be updated eventually, l33tman is working on it but there is a lot to do, so it it will be updated when its updated.

I will look into the marjoram cuttings and other herbs crafting a bit deeper tomorrow, I did only a quick fix for compatibility with wildcraft and only tested a couple of herbs. Also glad you like the mod.

Please do disregard my last post, for I am indeed an idiot and I forgot to restart the server to fix the changes. Now the herbs seem to be working properly.
Once again, I do apologize for my brain being dumb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JarielEledan said:

Please do disregard my last post, for I am indeed an idiot and I forgot to restart the server to fix the changes. Now the herbs seem to be working properly.
Once again, I do apologize for my brain being dumb.

That's okay, let me know if there are any problems.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.