Alchemy

Llama3013

On 2/15/2022 at 2:43 AM, Smeeslug said:

Suggestion, if it's possible, could empty bottles stack, or have a config option for stackable or not? At the moment they are a bit of a pain to deal with when crafting/storing

Hi Smeeslug, yes that's what I plan on doing in the future. Having the flasks stack at the moment is a bit buggy. I am just working on other things at the moment but hopefully I can get it too work soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I have a bug to report.

If you try to dump out potion liquids from a bucket, rather than dispersing into the ground like water or other liquids, the potions instead become physical items you can loot.

I am magically able to hold liquids in my backpack without containers! XD

Spoiler

2022-03-25_23-00-33.thumb.png.f17ae40e8910012ee152a5072f1148bd.png

On 3/26/2022 at 2:01 PM, Cloaked said:

Hi there! I have a bug to report.

If you try to dump out potion liquids from a bucket, rather than dispersing into the ground like water or other liquids, the potions instead become physical items you can loot.

I am magically able to hold liquids in my backpack without containers! XD

Reveal hidden contents

2022-03-25_23-00-33.thumb.png.f17ae40e8910012ee152a5072f1148bd.png

Hey thanks for letting know. I had already fixed this previously a in big update that I will release eventually. I just forgot to release it.

Edited by Llama3013

Hi everyone,

I have been working on an update slowly for a while now to add a new way to make potions (This update is not ready yet). Currently to make a potion in this update I would place up to five items in the new alchemy cauldron with some potion tea or aqua vita in the liquid slot (like a barrel) and then click the mix button to create two litres of a potion that would give the effects that are listed. Anything can go into the alchemy cauldron as long as it has item attributes of potion essences which I have added with json patches into the game. I would like to add crops, various plants and other misc. items from the base game to the alchemy process rather than just flowers/herbs.

image.thumb.png.c36111e59252234fd46c3e3fa3ecc7ae.png

The increase in ingredients used for potions lead me too making a new handbook specifically for potion ingredients. Currently I have a potion essence handbook that shows every item in the game that has a potion essence attribute. It works the same as the normal handbook, so you can hover over an item, open the potion essence handbook and it will head to that item's page which will tell you the ingredients essences.

image.png.5a4b8c90e2f758967c5a319762e39f5f.png

So at the moment the biggest task is to add potionessence attributes to everything that should be able to mix into a potion. Which is the reason I am making this post, its a big task to give so many items specific values.

Here is the list of values that can be added to an ingredient:

healingeffectivness, maxhealthExtraPoints, walkspeed, hungerrate, rangedWeaponsAcc, rangedWeaponsSpeed, rangedWeaponsDamage, meleeWeaponsDamage, mechanicalsDamage, animalLootDropRate, forageDropRate, wildCropDropRate, vesselContentsDropRate, oreDropRate, rustyGearDropRate, miningSpeedMul, animalSeekingRangewholeVesselLootChanceanimalHarvestingTime, glow (currently if it has any amount of this it makes you glow at full strength I may make this adjustable) recall (if it has any amount of this it teleports you back home) and duration (This is just how many seconds the potion lasts).

All values in the list will add a percentage to your stats except for glow, recall and duration. For example if you drank a potion that has 0.1 units of oreDropRate and -0.1 units of miningSpeedMul, you would gain +10% more ore but would be -10% slower at mining.

What I was currently thinking for item essences was herbs/flowers would have higher values giving great buffs but also giving a debuff for example something like 50% rangedWeaponsDamage, 30% rangedWeaponsSpeed but -30% rangedWeaponsAcc. I was thinking for items such as crops that they would provide pure benefits and very little/no negative effects. Maybe something like a carrot would provide a 10% increase in rangedWeaponsAcc.

So if anyone has any ideas on what values should go onto what item let me know. Bonus points on anyone who tell me real life benefits or folk lore aspects of certain crops, flowers or items (such as, I have heard that carrots help your eyes so I will probably make carrots give a rangedWeaponsAcc buff since I would say that would be to do with eyesight). Please let me know of any suggestions, feedback, clarifications or ideas with the new direction this mod is taking. All feedback is welcome even if its something as little as what I should rename something too.

• Like 2

Suggestion: Nutrient drinks for the avatars on the go who doesn't have time to track down all their nutrients. Or specific like if they are low on 3 or 1 nutrient. The recipe could be involve juices or leftover mash that don't expire as emergency rations.

But if you want to make it difficult perhaps you could add time limit how many nutrient drinks that can be drunk over period of time or only effective if for example someone has is already at zero dairy levels.

Edited by DX65
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, DX65 said:

Suggestion: Nutrient drinks for the avatars on the go who doesn't have time to track down all their nutrients. Or specific like if they are low on 3 or 1 nutrient. The recipe could be involve juices or leftover mash that don't expire as emergency rations.

But if you want to make it difficult perhaps you could add time limit how many nutrient drinks that can be drunk over period of time or only effective if for example someone has is already at zero dairy levels.

Hey DX65, yeah might mess around with something like that in the future. Maybe I could make a nutrient equalizer or something that would take from the highest nutrient and spread it amongst the lowest or all the other nutrients. At the moment I will be working on the cauldron update and bug fixing.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:36 AM, l33tmaan said:

Nice cauldron. It looks way different from Expanded Food's cauldron, which makes me happy we aren't stepping on each other's toes. :)

Yeah at the moment the cauldron is just a barrel with a metal texture. I am thinking that I might change it in the future. I was actually thinking that maybe if it would be alright, I could have my cauldron craftable into yours and vice versa.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, Llama3013 said:

Here is the list of values that can be added to an ingredient:

healingeffectivness, maxhealthExtraPoints, walkspeed, hungerrate, rangedWeaponsAcc, rangedWeaponsSpeed, rangedWeaponsDamage, meleeWeaponsDamage, mechanicalsDamage, animalLootDropRate, forageDropRate, wildCropDropRate, vesselContentsDropRate, oreDropRate, rustyGearDropRate, miningSpeedMul, animalSeekingRangewholeVesselLootChanceanimalHarvestingTime, glow (currently if it has any amount of this it makes you glow at full strength I may make this adjustable) recall (if it has any amount of this it teleports you back home) and duration (This is just how many seconds the potion lasts).

All values in the list will add a percentage to your stats except for glow, recall and duration. For example if you drank a potion that has 0.1 units of oreDropRate and -0.1 units of miningSpeedMul, you would gain +10% more ore but would be -10% slower at mining.

What I was currently thinking for item essences was herbs/flowers would have higher values giving great buffs but also giving a debuff for example something like 50% rangedWeaponsDamage, 30% rangedWeaponsSpeed but -30% rangedWeaponsAcc. I was thinking for items such as crops that they would provide pure benefits and very little/no negative effects. Maybe something like a carrot would provide a 10% increase in rangedWeaponsAcc.

Raw food could increase some stats if the potion already has them. probably instead of "increase" the word should be "improve" but only if the effect is already present.

-Grain could increase the time of the settling potion. 
-Veggies could increase the time for the purging potion (you know, fiber and all that, and being low calories)
-Meat could increase the time for the potions that have anything to do with hunting and butchering
-bush meat could increase the time for the potions that have anything to do with pheromones
-milk could increase the time for the HP potions (either max or healing)
-mushrooms, if you can separate them from veggies, could be fun. healthy ones could increase the time for the mining. while the poisonous ones could increase the yield itself at the cost of max hp being reduced for the duration of the potion.

if you add rot the time instead of increasing it decreases. but knowing that rot is valuable AF.. could you detect a rotting ingredient? if it's <50% rotting it increases the time less (like a low quality upgrade) while if it's > = 50 it should decrease the time

maybe this is overcomplicating the system quite a lot, but it's a way to "sacrifice" food without having an OP effect. at the end you want nourishment and drinking potions shouldn't overwritte the food system. 

On 4/3/2022 at 8:50 AM, Llama3013 said:

Hey DX65, yeah might mess around with something like that in the future. Maybe I could make a nutrient equalizer or something that would take from the highest nutrient and spread it amongst the lowest or all the other nutrients. At the moment I will be working on the cauldron update and bug fixing.

i suggest at the expense of something, like losing points due to not being an efficient way to nourish such:

100 fruit
100 vegetable
100 grain 
100 protein
0 dairy 

it should end up being

90 fruit
90 veggie
90 grain
90 protein
25 dairy 

(net loss 15 points out of the 40. which is ~37% loss)

else you're basically killing the need for having a herd of sheep ready to milk and make cheese.

Edited by 1Joachim1
  • Amazing! 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:50 AM, 1Joachim1 said:

Raw food could increase some stats if the potion already has them. probably instead of "increase" the word should be "improve" but only if the effect is already present.

-Grain could increase the time of the settling potion. 
-Veggies could increase the time for the purging potion (you know, fiber and all that, and being low calories)
-Meat could increase the time for the potions that have anything to do with hunting and butchering
-bush meat could increase the time for the potions that have anything to do with pheromones
-milk could increase the time for the HP potions (either max or healing)
-mushrooms, if you can separate them from veggies, could be fun. healthy ones could increase the time for the mining. while the poisonous ones could increase the yield itself at the cost of max hp being reduced for the duration of the potion.

if you add rot the time instead of increasing it decreases. but knowing that rot is valuable AF.. could you detect a rotting ingredient? if it's <50% rotting it increases the time less (like a low quality upgrade) while if it's > = 50 it should decrease the time

maybe this is overcomplicating the system quite a lot, but it's a way to "sacrifice" food without having an OP effect. at the end you want nourishment and drinking potions shouldn't overwritte the food system. 

i suggest at the expense of something, like losing points due to not being an efficient way to nourish such:

100 fruit
100 vegetable
100 grain 
100 protein
0 dairy 

it should end up being

90 fruit
90 veggie
90 grain
90 protein
25 dairy 

(net loss 15 points out of the 40. which is ~37% loss)

else you're basically killing the need for having a herd of sheep ready to milk and make cheese.

So my plan is actually to remove the already existing potions that are made using the grid crafting and just to create new potions solely through the cauldron with the potions effects based on the ingredients. 

The recommendations for the raw food effects are great, exactly what I was looking for.

The rot time calculations are a good idea if I can implement them properly.

For the nutrient drinks, (if I get around to implementing them) I would add it like this and probably just have it detect the lowest nutrition value and boost that value.

Thanks 1Joachim1, for the great suggestions. I have stopped modding for a bit since I got a new job and had to move but I plan on working on this some more soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The potion of vitality is... odd.

If you're fully healed, it increases your health, and maximum health by 50% for 10 seconds, which is fairly useless, unless you know precisely when you're going to take damage.

If you're not at full health, it increases your maximum health only for 10 seconds, which is useless.

If you increase your maximum health, then take damage, the extra health stays until you take damage, which is probably a bug?

Overall, I don't see any reason to make and carry this potion.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 5:52 AM, Hexedian said:

The potion of vitality is... odd.

If you're fully healed, it increases your health, and maximum health by 50% for 10 seconds, which is fairly useless, unless you know precisely when you're going to take damage.

If you're not at full health, it increases your maximum health only for 10 seconds, which is useless.

If you increase your maximum health, then take damage, the extra health stays until you take damage, which is probably a bug?

Overall, I don't see any reason to make and carry this potion.

Yes, this is definitely a bug. I will try to look into it this week. I think I know what the problem could be.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:09 AM, Hexedian said:

Bug : placing a flask with partial potion (0.75) on a shelf, then a full flask, then picking them both, stacks them in inventory as 2 full flasks.

There seems to be plenty of bugs with liquid containers stacking in the base game. I will investigate this but not sure if I can fix it.

Thanks for the bug reports.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 11:20 AM, Mr1k3 said:

I've just tested with and without this mod installed and I've never seen anything like that, this mod does not touch anything related to chests so its likely another mod doing that.

Yes, its entirely possible to do so. You can look in the traits json in the config to see what each stat does. Now adding classes or more traits will need you to do a little more work, especially in adding entries to the lang and defining your additions in there.

oh thanks i was having wierd in compatibilites at 1 point the error kept resulting in alchemy

but i got around it

• 6 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 2:17 AM, Plumeria said:

Hello, 

Would it be possible to add a recipe for 4 bottles when making them with clay? 

Hey, I have just released a new version of Alchemy that adds two new clay bottle recipes to the game. One is it adds a recipe to build two at a time and another that adds 4 at a time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.