Story of Eden [New Modded Server]

Hey there, just looking for some people to play with. If youre interested in building out a little civilization hop on and start a settlement.

Features:

- Smaller world size, to make settlements easier to connect and to make trade easier. World is 100kx100k so plenty of space to spread out and explore, but finding a new climate zone wont take actual real life hours of walking south.

-Disabled Temporal Stability, Its a bit annoying to have a really nice area but be unable to settle it because its deemed haunted. Until the feature is more fleshed out we'll be leaving this off.

-More ores, ore spawns have been slightly increased to help people get started without an insane grind. Especially as resources get depleted near spawn pretty quick on normal ore spawn rates. This will help slow down that process.

-Modlist that adds content without straying from the games original vision. We use mods like Primitive Survival, Medieval expansion, Better Drifters, Necessaries, and Farm Life (among others). These mods add a lot of minor content that feels at home in the game. You'll wonder how you ever played without some of these mods.

-Cooperative community. We feel the game is much better played when we all help each other out and progress together. New players are welcome and there's always someone around to lend a hand or show people how something works.

-Longer Months. We use 30 Day months so each month is 24 real life hours. This provides a slower pace if people are always on so that you don't end up with your entire harvest ruined because you logged off in summer and suddenly its winter.

Rules:

- Just please don't steal from other players or break any of their builds.

- Try not to leave any unsightly floating blocks or nerd poles lying around.

If you'd like to join the fun the IP is 24.238.68.92

The required mods are located here: https://pastebin.com/5wViWFBx with links to each mod for ease of download.

Edited by TribeMemberTed

Sweet, been looking for a new server to hope into, so I don't feel pressured on expanding faster than I need to or know how to. I'll jump in and check it out! :D 

EDIT

Oh. Two mods have been updated and the server asks for the older versions of Better Drifters (now on 2.0.1) and Expanded Foods (1.3.8). I'll downgrade, but just thought you should know.

Edited by Rhyagelle
2 hours ago, Rhyagelle said:

Sweet, been looking for a new server to hope into, so I don't feel pressured on expanding faster than I need to or know how to. I'll jump in and check it out! :D 

EDIT

Oh. Two mods have been updated and the server asks for the older versions of Better Drifters (now on 2.0.1) and Expanded Foods (1.3.8). I'll downgrade, but just thought you should know.

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know lol. Ill try and stay on top of updates in the future. Hopefully we can get some kind of system that links the game client with the moddb and autoupdates. That would be sick.

37 minutes ago, Soliton said:

Never having played on a server with mods, do I need the same mods also loaded onto my computer ?

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Yep, you'll need the same versions of the mods. If the server and your client have different versions it'll tell you which ones you need. You can also run your own client side mods as well so like the server doesnt have VSProspectorInfo on the servermods but I definitely recommend it client side.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TribeMemberTed said:

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know lol. Ill try and stay on top of updates in the future. Hopefully we can get some kind of system that links the game client with the moddb and autoupdates. That would be sick.

Trust me... you don't want automatic updates for mods.
I've seen some things, man. 😱

9 hours ago, Rhyagelle said:

Do you have it so time doesn't pass when no one is on the server? Got in a predicament with some Drifters (lol) and wanna know if I can wait out the night offline? 

Yeah time pauses when everyones offline

• Like 1