Ancient Tools v1.5.0 - New Content: Carts

Taska Raine

On 5/5/2022 at 9:46 PM, Dufgall Vinaldasson said:

I have noticed that the notebook gives no recipe for sealing crocks with pitch, nor can i use a recipe similar to the sealing with fat.

@Vinter Nachtmentioned to me that this could be a compatibility issue between Ancient Tools and Bricklayers. I hadn't thought to include recipes for the glazed crocks. Is it possible that you were using one of those?

I'll look to solve that soon, when I get the opportunity to work on some further fixes ^.^

On 5/10/2022 at 9:41 PM, Taska Raine said:

@Vinter Nachtmentioned to me that this could be a compatibility issue between Ancient Tools and Bricklayers. I hadn't thought to include recipes for the glazed crocks. Is it possible that you were using one of those?

I'll look to solve that soon, when I get the opportunity to work on some further fixes ^.^

Yep, that'd be the one.  This is the person I mentioned, Minion. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm here about the problem with right-clicking raw hides. Here's my mod list; I know, it's huge.

Spoiler

Mods, sorted by dependency: advancedsmithing, weaponpacka, ancienttools, axleinblocks, backpackpackplus, weaponpackbeta, betterarchery, betterbackpacks, bettercrates, betterdrifters, betterpoultice, bushmeat_meals, cavecontent, cavepaintings, cellardoor, chiseltools, civbooks, composter, cottagewindows, craftables, cralutweaks, dragonflies, expandedfoods, extrachests, extraclayforming, fancydoors, fancysky, FlexibleTools, foundrymod, fulldrop, weaponpackg, gravelsandfix, HangingOilLamps, hideandfabric, instruments, itemlights, knappingmastery, meteoricexpansion, midnight-texturepack, moreclasses, potatoes, moredrygrass, moreminerals, moreroads, leadroof, MoreTorchHolders, MoreTreeSeeds, necessaries, neededthings, nightwatcher, nomadmodemod, nomolding, nooffhandhunger, orecrystals, orepulverizer, OresAPlenty, paints, peca, plantmat, plastervar, preservationmod, primitivesurvival, qptech, quickerbarrel, RangedWeapons, realshingles, SmallWindows, specializedbags-18Slot, spidersilk, spyglass, stackables, sterilebandages, sticksfromfirewood, superfuel, survivalcats, locustmod, thecritterpack, tradeomat, travelmarkers, usefulscrap, viesblocks, viescraftmachines, game, vshud, zeekea, zoombuttonreborn, alchemy, attachit, egocaribautomapmarkers, bonfires, captureanimals, carrycapacity, dsdebarkedlogs, exlico, fancyplanters, farmlanddropssoil, farmlife, fixbadrecipes, fixhandbookclutter, flintchisel, fromgoldencombs, gasapi, helvehammerext, hudclock, lc, lichen, medievalexpansion, moreanimals, morebags, morepiles, mcrate, petai, pei, peifm, petool, playercorpse, primitivetools, prospectorinfo, ruinvariants, singlepause, slidingdoor, smallfixes, snowballmod, stepup, ssppvv, stonequarry, tprunes, tpnet, temporalmirror, translocatorlocator, usefulstuff, vanvar, creative, survival, wildfarming, woodbarrels, woodchests, workbenchexpansion, xlib, xrowboat, metalrecovery, accessibilitytweaks, campaigncartographer, bricklayers, bullseye, cats, compatibilityfix, defensive, doffanddonagain, feverstonehorses, foxtaming, packanimals, wildcraft, wolftaming, xinvtweaks, yeet

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 3:16 PM, Safire Ryoko said:

Hi, I'm here about the problem with right-clicking raw hides. Here's my mod list; I know, it's huge.

Reveal hidden contents

Mods, sorted by dependency: advancedsmithing, weaponpacka, ancienttools, axleinblocks, backpackpackplus, weaponpackbeta, betterarchery, betterbackpacks, bettercrates, betterdrifters, betterpoultice, bushmeat_meals, cavecontent, cavepaintings, cellardoor, chiseltools, civbooks, composter, cottagewindows, craftables, cralutweaks, dragonflies, expandedfoods, extrachests, extraclayforming, fancydoors, fancysky, FlexibleTools, foundrymod, fulldrop, weaponpackg, gravelsandfix, HangingOilLamps, hideandfabric, instruments, itemlights, knappingmastery, meteoricexpansion, midnight-texturepack, moreclasses, potatoes, moredrygrass, moreminerals, moreroads, leadroof, MoreTorchHolders, MoreTreeSeeds, necessaries, neededthings, nightwatcher, nomadmodemod, nomolding, nooffhandhunger, orecrystals, orepulverizer, OresAPlenty, paints, peca, plantmat, plastervar, preservationmod, primitivesurvival, qptech, quickerbarrel, RangedWeapons, realshingles, SmallWindows, specializedbags-18Slot, spidersilk, spyglass, stackables, sterilebandages, sticksfromfirewood, superfuel, survivalcats, locustmod, thecritterpack, tradeomat, travelmarkers, usefulscrap, viesblocks, viescraftmachines, game, vshud, zeekea, zoombuttonreborn, alchemy, attachit, egocaribautomapmarkers, bonfires, captureanimals, carrycapacity, dsdebarkedlogs, exlico, fancyplanters, farmlanddropssoil, farmlife, fixbadrecipes, fixhandbookclutter, flintchisel, fromgoldencombs, gasapi, helvehammerext, hudclock, lc, lichen, medievalexpansion, moreanimals, morebags, morepiles, mcrate, petai, pei, peifm, petool, playercorpse, primitivetools, prospectorinfo, ruinvariants, singlepause, slidingdoor, smallfixes, snowballmod, stepup, ssppvv, stonequarry, tprunes, tpnet, temporalmirror, translocatorlocator, usefulstuff, vanvar, creative, survival, wildfarming, woodbarrels, woodchests, workbenchexpansion, xlib, xrowboat, metalrecovery, accessibilitytweaks, campaigncartographer, bricklayers, bullseye, cats, compatibilityfix, defensive, doffanddonagain, feverstonehorses, foxtaming, packanimals, wildcraft, wolftaming, xinvtweaks, yeet

Hope this helps.

Are you using the most recent version of Ancient Tools? There was a conflict with Primitive Survival that resulted in hides not converting to sacks like you described that has been addressed in Ancient Tools 1.3.4 and later. Just wondering if this is the same issue or something else unrelated o.o

• Taska Raine changed the title to Ancient Tools v1.4.3 - New Crafting Process: Pitch

Just a minor patch today ^.^

Ancient Tools now has a Russian translation courtesy of @MrMeg!

Additionally, a few tweaks have been made with this version. Immersive Crafting compatibility is now a thing. Bricklayers crocks can now be sealed with pitch. Stretching frames and bark baskets have the unstable falling behavior. Vanilla leather making can now. be disabled if desired as well.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 3:16 PM, Safire Ryoko said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hope this helps.

Seems that the Place Every Item mod was overwriting the behaviors added by Ancient Tools, which caused the issue you were seeing. The issue has been resolved in the latest Place Every Item update ^.^

Edited by Taska Raine
  • Thanks 1

• Taska Raine changed the title to Ancient Tools v1.4.4 - New Crafting Process: Pitch

Another small update has been put out today for Ancient Tools! This will likely be the last update to hit Vintage Story 1.16, since the pre-release versions of Vintage Story 1.17 are now being released.

The biggest highlight in this update is that the mortar can finally be used to grind down grindable blocks. No more silly restriction to only being able to grind down items. All seashells have their own shape in the mortar, along with seaweed, for when Expanded Foods is installed alongside. Additionally, marble stone shapes have been added. I must have missed these before.

Better Than Heresy powdered charcoal can now also be used to craft pitch, eliminating a mod conflict there.

Also, the curing rack should now display more accurate information on its tooltip when the block chunk is loaded after having been unloaded for an extended period of time. No more -6 days of curing time remaining, hopefully! Ain't nobody got time for dat.

The ModDB change log for this update contains a few more minor changes that need not be mentioned here.

Now... onward to Vintage Story 1.17!

• Like 2

• Taska Raine changed the title to Ancient Tools v1.4.5 - New Crafting Process: Pitch

Ancient Tools has just been updated to be compatible with Vintage Story 1.17.0 RC-2. This update also comes with a few additions that take advantage of new things that shipped with Vintage Story 1.17.0. For instance:

Animal brains can be dropped by the new gazelle creature, and they are now properly harvestable just like all other harvestable items. They will no longer pop out of creatures heads and onto the floor...

There's compatibility for the More Animals mod now, too, along with the ability to place adze tools on the ground, among other things. More details are available in the mod change longs on the ModDB. You can download the new update from the link in the main post of this thread.

Thanks for checking it out!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nebux said:

there is a bug: male sheep inventory isn't updated, still 4 slots. also why the pelts need buckets now?

I must have missed the male sheep(and possibly lamb too?) when writing all those patches. As for the hides needing to be filled in buckets.... it looks like I just plain goofed there. Which is actually a small blessing in disguise as the bit of code I need to make that work would have crashed in RC-4. Relying on the crafting recipe to fill hides was certainly not intended.Thanks for letting me know about these, I'll do a check through all the entities to make sure I haven't missed any other patches and, hopefully, have a small update that addresses these issues ready in the next few days.

• Taska Raine changed the title to Ancient Tools v1.4.6 - New Crafting Process: Pitch

The mod was recently updated to version 1.4.6, which includes a fix for crashes that occured on VS 1.17.0 RC-5 and addresses the issues mentioned by @nebux  including the hide sacks no longer being filled with a hide right click on water, and gives the sheeps their extra inventory slots.

@nebuxUuuh, I must have missed those recipes when those wood variants got included in the game or something, oops. Will fix!

• Taska Raine changed the title to Ancient Tools v1.4.7 - New Crafting Process: Pitch

Ancient Tools should be fully updated for Vintage Story 1.17. I gave it some testing this afternoon and the only issue that cropped up was an infrequent crash that occurred with the pestle renderer which has been fixed in Ancient Tools 1.4.7, which is out now. Everything else should be good! If not, please do let me know.

@nebuxI've also fixed that recipe for stripped kapok, purpleheart and ebony not being craftable into firewood

Edited by Taska Raine

• 3 weeks later...
  • Taska Raine changed the title to Ancient Tools v1.5.0 - New Content: Carts

It's finally time time! Carts have made their way into Ancient Tools. These handy wooden vehicles can be outfitted with chests and can follow you around, carrying anything you need them to. Useful as a temporary inventory to dump all your mined minerals in? Check! Helps with transportation of goods from winter home to summer home? Check! Brings you fame and fortune as a wandering trader? Che-wait. Maybe not fame and fortune, but you can definitely be a wandering trader now!

Ancient Tools V1.5.0 is now available for download on the ModDB. There is a link to it on the main post. Do take note...! This is only available for Vintage Story 1.17.* currently! The change log for this version is also available for viewing on the ModDB.

Known Issues

Carts can be rather performance-heavy for clients.

Cart inventories don't animate when opened.

Some functionality, such as repairing and deconstruction, is still rudimentary at best.

Carts don't have shadows

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2023 at 11:09 AM, Conquest of Blocks said:

If you're saying that carts can be performance heavy, maybe add an option to the config to disable them?
And it seems like carts are not protected from being stolen even in claims @Taska Raine

Haha, I didn't even think to claim-lock carts. There must be a story behind that? 🤣

I'll probably add a config option for server owners to allow mobile storage to be only intractable by claim owners then. But, I think I'll keep that off by default. The things have wheels after all.

The carts are performance-heavy probably because they're just not optimized yet. Plenty of work to do for that. It took a long time just to get this far, and I just wanted something out for VS 1.18.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.