VS Movement Mod v.1.0.9 - "Boat Update " (Prerelease)

Dante

On 8/9/2021 at 2:34 AM, Dante said:

I did a playtest for about 2hours and did not encounter this. Do you have any logs / information what could cause this ?

Unfortunately not anymore. Seems the game would run normally until anything that causes the stamina bar to appear on screen, then it would get gradually worse. Anything specific out of that, no not really. 

Edit: issue seems to have resolved itself!

Edited by DDoip

Changelog 1.0.5

Bugfixes:

• Fixed animation bug when landing in water

Balance:

• Reduced Lift-forces to bring it more in line of a glider
  • Reduced stamina-cost when leaning into the wind ("spacebar")
  • Reduced altitude gain when Lift > Gravity

Animation:

• Added minimum playtime for some glider-animations to reduce stuttering animations
  • Some animations now do not play during "take-off"
  • Added particles when gliding close over water

Models:

• New Glider-Models
  • Introduced conditional Models (folded / unfolded)

Commands:

New commands to change the auto-step behavior:

• /sprint-step
  • /walk-step
  • /no-step

• Dante changed the title to VS Movement Mod v.1.0.5
On 8/21/2021 at 12:24 AM, Dante said:

Remove from the mod ? If so no, its deep integrated aka all over my messy code.

A split might happen when i have time to do tedious tasks

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the Glider Backpack from our character after we put it on.  As it currently stands, after you use it, it becomes a permanent fixture on my Character.

18 hours ago, EreticKB said:

Hi, can you fix using stamina for crouching? It's really annoying then after 3 shift-click interactions i out of stamina without any reasonable reason.

True, i realised when actually playing in a new world the first time for quite some time.

I will remove stamina cost from the powerjump since its not spammable anyway

5 hours ago, Lyte said:

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the Glider Backpack from our character after we put it on.  As it currently stands, after you use it, it becomes a permanent fixture on my Character.

Weird bug you should be able to unequip like any armor.

Do you habe a screenshot of the issue ? What version do you use ?

On 8/24/2021 at 12:01 AM, l33tmaan said:

Is dash-jumping supposed to be so ridiculous? I can seriously leap across the landscape this way. It's cool and I like it, I'm just wondering how intentional it is.

When i did the dash mechanic really early on creating the mod i did not yet know how to use the input vector so i used the actual movement. I still find it quite entertaining so i never changed it.

I might in the future change the delay of stam. - recovery or lower the recovery rate. Or change the movement boost all together.

Hello, would it be possible to make Climbing only possible with adding a "While (Button) is Held, Perform Action "  feature?  there are times when ladders conflict with the Mod when trying to descend.  This mostly happens if the ladder isn't touching the ground.  The sound that plays when you start climbing Walls starts to play rapidly and the stamina drains quickly.  I tried to equip something in my hands in order to drop down (since there isn't a "Let Go" Button) and it doesn't let me drop.  Also , there are times when I will randomly grab onto walls without the Jump+Crouch being pressed.  A "While Pressed" option and "Let Go" option would help greatly.  Thank you ^_^

On 8/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, Lyte said:

Hello, would it be possible to make Climbing only possible with adding a "While (Button) is Held, Perform Action "  feature?  there are times when ladders conflict with the Mod when trying to descend.  This mostly happens if the ladder isn't touching the ground.  The sound that plays when you start climbing Walls starts to play rapidly and the stamina drains quickly.  I tried to equip something in my hands in order to drop down (since there isn't a "Let Go" Button) and it doesn't let me drop.  Also , there are times when I will randomly grab onto walls without the Jump+Crouch being pressed.  A "While Pressed" option and "Let Go" option would help greatly.  Thank you ^_^

Thanks for reporting. Ill look into the ladder glitch. A let-go button seems to be a good idea i will add it into the next build

EDIT: Fixed the soundbug and added "F" as "Let-go" Hotkey (same as using Glider). Will be in v1.0.6

23 hours ago, Jan Hošek said:

YES YES I can finally play! Thank you! Now just to get the time to actually play... Would it be possible to add some sort of stamina training? You could add it to XLib.

I will eventually add XLib functionality but for the next build ill focus on adding certain items to manage stamina drain. I'm thinking of climbing-boots / climbing pick / running boots, just to name brainstorm examples

Edited by Dante

On 9/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, EreticKB said:

Found a bug. Then you climb it counts as falling and if you climb too high you get damage in the end.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:37 AM, Travis Pluid said:

Yeah, I've had this happen too- I thought the reason for it might be a clip into the thing you're climbing thing.

Thanks for reporting. This was a really annoying bug. Will release v 1.0.6 today with fixes for all reported bugs as follows :

Changelog 1.0.6

Changes (sounds):

- Changed glider-sounds when flying (wind sound) based on feedback and many requests 
- New sound-feedback when changing direction while gliding
- New sounds when opening and closing the glider
- Player now plays an "out of breath" sound when the stamina bar is completely drained
- Player now plays a sound when regenerating stamina

Changes (balance):

- Chargejump no longer uses stamina
- Increased stamina regen-delay
- Reduced stamina regen-rate

Changes (crafting):

- Updated glider crafting parts (models)
- Crafting a glider is now more expensive to reflect its benefits 

Changes (hotkeys):

- New hotkey : Press "F" to let go when climbing

Bugfixes:

- Fixed very annoying bug causing the player to get falldamage when climbing a certain height
- Fixed bug causing sound stutter when climbing down a ladder / beeing on the ladder edge

Thanks to Lyte, EreticKB and Travis Pluid for reporting the bugs

Edited by Dante
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 3:57 AM, Travis Pluid said:

Is there a way to change the default setting of the Autostep? I like to have it on Walk and Run mode, but it seems every time I load up my world, it defaults back to Sprint.

No config file yet since i dont know how to do it yet 🙉 Will be added in a future update for sure

On 9/1/2021 at 3:04 PM, EreticKB said:

Also, we really need autostep for crawling, so we can crawl into 1 meter from floor crevices like in real life.

Propably won't add this since it messed with the sneak behavior which prevents falling down from an edge while sneaking.
Crawling depends on holding sneak to move so it would require some serious changes that arent worth it considering the very small use-case 

4 hours ago, Dante said:

Thanks for reporting. This was a really annoying bug. Will release v 1.0.6 today with fixes for all reported bugs as follows :

Changelog 1.0.6

Changes (hotkeys):

- New hotkey : Press "F" to let go when climbing

Bugfixes:

- Fixed very annoying bug causing the player to get falldamage when climbing a certain height
- Fixed bug causing sound stutter when climbing down a ladder / beeing on the ladder edge

Thanks to Lyte, EreticKB and Travis Pluid for reporting the bugs

Thank you for the change !  I jumped in and found it to work wonderfully!  Cheers!

Changelog 1.0.7

= Performance update =

Changes:

• Major performance boost by refactoring the entire code
  • Added a config.cs file to change :
    • maximum stamina
    • stamina costs
    • auto-step behavior (you can still change it ingame with the commands per session)

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a bug that caused framedrops while climbing for a certain time

4 hours ago, Omega Haxors said:

Holy shit, someone made it a real thing.

You are Mr. Awesome.

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy it

Edited by Dante
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.