VS Movement Mod v.1.0.9 - "Boat Update " (Prerelease)

Dante

Checking out the mod with the view to possibly add it to The Wilderlands server.

The new config file option was the deciding factor. Looks like we would be able to  adjust stamina levels and costs to ensure that the new abilities are not overpowered. Thank you for that!

Testing things out now, but loving the way it looks and works so far!

8 minutes ago, Thalius said:

We have only looked at it on single player. We were in the process of searching for a test server to try it out in multiplayer.

Truth is i never tested it on a MP Server since i wrote it with SP in mind. Most parts might work just fine when installed server and client side.
There are a few things that might need to be altered. If you provide me with some data / problem reports i might be able to rewrite the parts that need to be altered for MP.

• Cookie time 2

8 minutes ago, Dante said:

Truth is i never tested it on a MP Server since i wrote it with SP in mind. Most parts might work just fine when installed server and client side.
There are a few things that might need to be altered. If you provide me with some data / problem reports i might be able to rewrite the parts that need to be altered for MP.

That would be sweet! If we can locate a test server that will let us play around with it, we'll be happy to report back.

• Like 1

Playing around in single player and I can't get the glider to equip. Tried reassigning the hotkey and still will not equip.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Seems pretty straightforward- "Press F to equip glider" but it is not equipping. Both hands are empty and glider is in the inventory bar.

[Edit: Never mind. Figured it out. Need to equip it to upper body like an armor piece. :P Simple enough.]

One other question: I thought that with the newest mod release a config file was supposed to be created that allowed for editing stamina levels and burn and a few other things. After loading the mod and starting the game, I am not seeing a config file for this mod in the modConfig file.

Edited by Thalius

On 9/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, Dante said:

Changelog 1.0.7

= Performance update =

Changes:

• Major performance boost by refactoring the entire code
  • Added a config.cs file to change :
    • maximum stamina
    • stamina costs
    • auto-step behavior (you can still change it ingame with the commands per session)

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a bug that caused framedrops while climbing for a certain time

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy it

I'm not very sure, but seems 1.0.6 was faster and not caused fps drop after climbing as 1.0.7 do.

Edited by EreticKB

Also, the config file doesn't actually seem to work? As I changed it, and it didn't actually do anything.

EDIT
I figured out how to actually get it to change. Go to the mod, to src, then Datafields, search for "CMD", then set Sprintstep to False, and Walkstep to True. Then, save it.

Edited by Travis Pluid

9 hours ago, Omega Haxors said:

This is by far the best mod I have ever played.
I really hope it becomes official.

Thanks bro i appreciate it  🍾

On 9/6/2021 at 2:57 PM, Thalius said:

[...]
One other question: I thought that with the newest mod release a config file was supposed to be created that allowed for editing stamina levels and burn and a few other things. After loading the mod and starting the game, I am not seeing a config file for this mod in the modConfig file.

17 hours ago, Travis Pluid said:

Also, the config file doesn't actually seem to work? As I changed it, and it didn't actually do anything.

EDIT
I figured out how to actually get it to change. Go to the mod, to src, then Datafields, search for "CMD", then set Sprintstep to False, and Walkstep to True. Then, save it.

While this works, it messes with the commands, just wait until the WE 1.0.8 will have a proper config.json with many more customization options

pic.png.30b29e94a7065aeff4edb47764552aa8.png

23 hours ago, EreticKB said:

I'm not very sure, but seems 1.0.6 was faster and not caused fps drop after climbing as 1.0.7 do.

I highly doubt that since 1.0.6 had quite a few conflicting activity states. 1.0.7 resolves that. I went from 60 fps while climbing (conflicting stuff) to a constant 150 (cap).

pic2.png.f56983ec087467a354b3ea442aff3070.png

If you however can provide screenshots of spikes during climbing il look into it, VS vanilla has some huge weird lagspikes as it stands

Edited by Dante

On the subject of removing the glider from the mod and the issue of it being so integrated into the mod that you can't remove it, you don't need to remove it from the mod to remove it from being used in a server setting.  When you figure out how to add a proper config file to the mod, you can disable the crafting recipe via a config option, effectively making the glider un-craftable and a creative mode only item.

I like the idea of adding the glider to our server, but I have nightmares of giant nerd-pole like launching towers springing up all over the place.

4 hours ago, Thalius said:

On the subject of removing the glider from the mod and the issue of it being so integrated into the mod that you can't remove it, you don't need to remove it from the mod to remove it from being used in a server setting.  When you figure out how to add a proper config file to the mod, you can disable the crafting recipe via a config option, effectively making the glider un-craftable and a creative mode only item.

I like the idea of adding the glider to our server, but I have nightmares of giant nerd-pole like launching towers springing up all over the place.

This is actually why I voted against the glider in that one poll. The glider from minecraft taught me that gliders in that game = nerd poles everywhere

On 9/11/2021 at 11:48 AM, Omega Haxors said:

Just a few bugs I noticed while testing. Arrow accuracy seems really inconsistent when you're prone, and when eating/using a bow you tend to use the dodge ability unwillingly.

image.thumb.png.5f89b0e7270bf7d67c545782c46be12a.png

The bow projectiles are fired from Y „eye-pos“ not from your eyeheight. Strangely enough changing eye-pos does nothing,so for the moment i cant do anything about it. I might disable the possibility to shoot while prone >:) 

the other thing is a hotkey issue. i might add changeable hotkeys to it aswell, middlemouse might work better actually but at the same time is occupied by the slide move

Edited by Dante

• Dante changed the title to VS Movement Mod v.1.0.8 - "Boat Update " (Prerelease)

Changelog 1.0.8  

Config:

• Proper auto-generated config-file 

Items:

• Removed unfolded Glider - versions from creative inventory

Feature (Prerelease) 

• Boat-Update
  • As test - prerelease only available as "small-boat" via creative inventory
  • Stand still on boat (rudder-side) and press "F" (default - hotkey) to mount your boat
  • You can't wear body armor / a gilder while riding your boat. any other type of clothing / armor can be used
  • Press "C" to throw your anchor and unmount

I tried this mod out on my mp server. Worked fine until i got this crash and error:

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Version: v1.15.6 (Stable)30.09.2021 00:36:06: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Attempting to send data to a not connected channel. For optionally dependent network channels test if your channel is Connected before sending data.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.NetworkChannel.SendPacket[T](T message)
   bei vsmovemod.src.BehaviorFalldamage.OnServerMessage() in c:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\VSMovemod v1.0.8.zip_ced58cf84208\src\behaviorfalldamage.cs:Zeile 23.
   bei vsmovemod.src.BehaviorFalldamage.SetFallDamage(IClientPlayer player, ICoreClientAPI api) in c:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\VSMovemod v1.0.8.zip_ced58cf84208\src\behaviorfalldamage.cs:Zeile 46.
   bei vsmovemod.src.MoveMod.<>c__DisplayClassb.<StartClientSide>b__7(Single dt2) in c:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\VSMovemod v1.0.8.zip_ced58cf84208\src\movemod.cs:Zeile 380.
   bei Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   bei _nUTCCwkT1CsTiy64OnOpdL40c6I._y0LduyPz6SS7hpGWh17f3f2ZnCW(Single )
   bei _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._YxuqUIHpNderNcZTb6YFhogmWOS(Single )
   bei _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._7qo1BKsjBXLbbifnICE8jHmvIH9(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _AP7WmUsyUYdtMlYkY1BnRzdg2ff._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(_JsdNdoNt0XlKjq0tdupAM4oO6wn , String[] )
   bei _0VK7uR5tb5rsnOGVuF83gJuGw9D._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 09.05.2021 19:35:21, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.10.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6079b344
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvoglv64.dll, Version: 27.21.14.5671, Zeitstempel: 0x5f75532b
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000011584c9
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2d20
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d744ed3295d0b4
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_60daf66a00f2e0b6\nvoglv64.dll
Berichtskennung: 13589d79-05c2-4575-a340-f5ed5688513e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 03.05.2021 12:25:39, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = Das Programm Vintagestory.exe Version 1.14.10.0 hat die Interaktion mit Windows beendet und wurde geschlossen. Überprüfen Sie den Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung "Sicherheit und Wartung", um nach weiteren Informationen zum Problem zu suchen.

Prozess-ID: 4438

Startzeit: 01d740052a22a402

Beendigungszeit: 4294967295

Anwendungspfad: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Bericht-ID: cb77550c-07d2-4c85-a367-52120b411a44

Relative Anwendungs-ID des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Absturztyp: Top level window is idle
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 01.05.2021 15:13:45, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.10.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6079b344
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4300.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f7e616e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000068c27
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2bd8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d73e8ac28f9610
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: a2d26b41-d728-4f32-a63b-f7c2e079c888

4 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

I tried this mod out on my mp server. Worked fine until i got this crash and error:

Reveal hidden contents

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Version: v1.15.6 (Stable)30.09.2021 00:36:06: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Attempting to send data to a not connected channel. For optionally dependent network channels test if your channel is Connected before sending data.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.NetworkChannel.SendPacket[T](T message)
   bei vsmovemod.src.BehaviorFalldamage.OnServerMessage() in c:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\VSMovemod v1.0.8.zip_ced58cf84208\src\behaviorfalldamage.cs:Zeile 23.
   bei vsmovemod.src.BehaviorFalldamage.SetFallDamage(IClientPlayer player, ICoreClientAPI api) in c:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\VSMovemod v1.0.8.zip_ced58cf84208\src\behaviorfalldamage.cs:Zeile 46.
   bei vsmovemod.src.MoveMod.<>c__DisplayClassb.<StartClientSide>b__7(Single dt2) in c:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\VSMovemod v1.0.8.zip_ced58cf84208\src\movemod.cs:Zeile 380.
   bei Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   bei _nUTCCwkT1CsTiy64OnOpdL40c6I._y0LduyPz6SS7hpGWh17f3f2ZnCW(Single )
   bei _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._YxuqUIHpNderNcZTb6YFhogmWOS(Single )
   bei _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._7qo1BKsjBXLbbifnICE8jHmvIH9(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _AP7WmUsyUYdtMlYkY1BnRzdg2ff._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(_JsdNdoNt0XlKjq0tdupAM4oO6wn , String[] )
   bei _0VK7uR5tb5rsnOGVuF83gJuGw9D._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 09.05.2021 19:35:21, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.10.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6079b344
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvoglv64.dll, Version: 27.21.14.5671, Zeitstempel: 0x5f75532b
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000011584c9
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2d20
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d744ed3295d0b4
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_60daf66a00f2e0b6\nvoglv64.dll
Berichtskennung: 13589d79-05c2-4575-a340-f5ed5688513e
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 03.05.2021 12:25:39, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = Das Programm Vintagestory.exe Version 1.14.10.0 hat die Interaktion mit Windows beendet und wurde geschlossen. Überprüfen Sie den Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung "Sicherheit und Wartung", um nach weiteren Informationen zum Problem zu suchen.

Prozess-ID: 4438

Startzeit: 01d740052a22a402

Beendigungszeit: 4294967295

Anwendungspfad: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Bericht-ID: cb77550c-07d2-4c85-a367-52120b411a44

Relative Anwendungs-ID des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Absturztyp: Top level window is idle
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 01.05.2021 15:13:45, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.10.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6079b344
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4300.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f7e616e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000068c27
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2bd8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d73e8ac28f9610
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: a2d26b41-d728-4f32-a63b-f7c2e079c888

Not surprising, as this is a Singleplayer-only mod.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.