VS Movement Mod v.1.0.9 - "Boat Update " (Prerelease)

Dante

15 hours ago, Travis Pluid said:

Not surprising, as this is a Singleplayer-only mod.

I know that. But check the message below.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:36 PM, Dante said:

Truth is i never tested it on a MP Server since i wrote it with SP in mind. Most parts might work just fine when installed server and client side.
There are a few things that might need to be altered. If you provide me with some data / problem reports i might be able to rewrite the parts that need to be altered for MP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, Dante said:

Truth is i never tested it on a MP Server since i wrote it with SP in mind. Most parts might work just fine when installed server and client side.
There are a few things that might need to be altered. If you provide me with some data / problem reports i might be able to rewrite the parts that need to be altered for MP.

Hey @Dante! I know you said this about a month and a half ago, but I wanted to bring it up since this was my first time seeing this. If several of us get together to try and test this on a MP server, could we work collaboratively with you to see if there's a way to make it compatible for multiplayer? I know there's a lot of people who really love the concepts in this mod (myself included), but like myself at least, I get lonely when I can't play the game with others as part of a community. I know that this being able to work on multiplayer servers would really brighten a lot of people's days and enrich the VS community 😆

If we got some really stubborn people together who really want to see this work on multiplayer, is there some way we could help?

19 hours ago, Reina said:

Hey @Dante! I know you said this about a month and a half ago, but I wanted to bring it up since this was my first time seeing this. If several of us get together to try and test this on a MP server, could we work collaboratively with you to see if there's a way to make it compatible for multiplayer? I know there's a lot of people who really love the concepts in this mod (myself included), but like myself at least, I get lonely when I can't play the game with others as part of a community. I know that this being able to work on multiplayer servers would really brighten a lot of people's days and enrich the VS community 😆

If we got some really stubborn people together who really want to see this work on multiplayer, is there some way we could help?

I still plan to convert is to MP with no date set because atm i have absolutely no spare time left.

My current version works in MP in regard of functionality. You can climb, ride your boat etc. but there are visual bugs because of how i wrote the mod on the client-side, including inventory handling. Inventory management has to be ported over to the server-side. Therefore the issues are:

1) You cant see the boat a friend is riding until he dismounts

2) Same with the glider

3) Animations (dash etc.) only visable for the player performing the move

... but at least the server isnt crashed anymore.

43 minutes ago, CoB_Kai said:

when i tested it on the test server the boat would get placed on ground (gravel) instead of water like in sp

its also crashing sometimes

Im talking about my current dev version. The release version crashes and has many more problems like that placement issue

• 2 months later...

Kinda daft question, but do I need to do anything special to activate this mod once installed?

I'm on VS v1.16 and just copied the ZIP (latest, v1.0.8) over like any other mod's, checked it's enabled in the mod listing, but the mod does not appear to do anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by curio

• Dante changed the title to VS Movement Mod v.1.0.9 - "Boat Update " (Prerelease)
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Mod doesn't seem to work right now sadly, climbing and all sorts just doesn't work for me which is quite surprising as I've got one other mod and its Solid Shields. Could just be me using the mod wrong though so I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Edited by turfish

I will no longer work on this mod, instead i just finished the first rewrite for MP.
(I propably still will update it from time to time a take care of compability issues.However, issues that are already in most likely wont be adressed)

I likely will release a collection of mods instead of implementing everything in one huge thing.

Edited by Dante
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.