VS-1.10.15 The Neolithic Mod

tony Liberatto

I am now trying the 1.7.8 version.

I know I am really noob, but I really can't figure out how to make a simple item like a stone axe. I already made axe head with flint, i made a "hand axe" and I obtained sticks...

But the recipe "stick + axe head" gives nothing...

what am I doing wrong?

All tools and weapons require some kind of cordage. The mod adds 3 cordages:: leather strips and sinew are of course dependant on you killing something. So, you can make Sisal Twine.   For sisal, you need to follow a process.   Get some Sisal leaves and a hand hammer or any hammer in the crafting grid, that will give you sisal fibers, 3 fibers in a line will give you sisal thread. 4 thread in a square will give you sisal twine. 
Most tools can be made with either bone or very small branch for the shaft. The branch needs to be debarked first, just put in crafting grid with a hand knife or any knife, to debark the branches. 
Some tools that have long shafts require 2 branches one on top of the other, with the head on the top and the cordage in the middle. 
You have some pictures here:  https://imgur.com/a/Z6jzEdL
All this is a work in progress, and the Tyron just added a NEI/JEI system that will make all these recipes easier to find. 
Also, we will be changing the way many of them work, as the idea is to be able to interact with items and blocks outside of the crafting grid.
my plan is for the player to be able to get all the ingredients and make all tool in the real world, without ever opening the crafting grid.

Edited by tony Liberatto

On 12/13/2018 at 7:11 AM, tony Liberatto said:

@CJHKing2 The Neolithic Mod is a total conversion mod. Meaning that it cannot be loaded on existing worlds. 
There is a line on your report that could be caused by a Game bug on the Modloader. It has been fixed for the upcoming 1.8, but for now, you can try deleting the temp folder. 
Go to %appdata%/local/temp/vintagestory and delete all files in there. 
Start a new world with just the Neolithic mod.  It should work.

Tony, great thank you! I figured as much. Deleted vintagestory...zip files at %appdata%/local/temp/vintagestory and it works now. Thank you!

Ok I really can' t figure it out...

I am not able to craft a decent weapon, you need bones to craft it, and for obtaining bones you first have to kill some mobs. but it's almost impossibile to kill a mob without some kind of weapon. I was able to obtain 2 bones, but I dead 4 times before killing the boar. And this goes against my idea of "surviving".

also, this recipe:

twkv3nk.png

is not working, I am trying it in creative mode...

Edited by DaveDevil

All primitive tool recipe ingredients are interchangeable. 
The basic recipe is always: 
head - Any stone Type.
Shaft - Bones or Debarked Very Thin Branch. 
Cordage - Leather Strips, Sinew, Sisal Twine. 
Some tools require a longer shaft, hence one shaft on top of the other, like the primitive Spear. Shovel and Hoe are examples. 
To debark branches, just use a knife in the crafting grid.

Strange. The way an animal gets killed does not matter. 
Once an animal is dead it drops a dead animal block. 
The manner you harvest the carcass matter. 
You must use a knife to harvest the body. It takes a while, so keep clicking.
For bigger animals, you can use a saw for a chance to get a head-trophy first. 

That should not be the case. We have many days in the Darkagecraft server and animals always drop a carcass.
If you are having this issue in single player it is definitely a bug. It could also be something wrong on the mod installation or the world creation. 
I would appreciate if you could do some testing to confirm this issue.
Try removing all mods from both mod folders. 
Have just The Neolithic Mod last version zipped mod in the mods folder.
Make a new world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 6:20 AM, tony Liberatto said:

All tools and weapons require some kind of cordage. The mod adds 3 cordages:: leather strips and sinew are of course dependant on you killing something. So, you can make Sisal Twine.   For sisal, you need to follow a process.   Get some Sisal leaves and a hand hammer or any hammer in the crafting grid, that will give you sisal fibers, 3 fibers in a line will give you sisal thread. 4 thread in a square will give you sisal twine. 
Most tools can be made with either bone or very small branch for the shaft. The branch needs to be debarked first, just put in crafting grid with a hand knife or any knife, to debark the branches. 
Some tools that have long shafts require 2 branches one on top of the other, with the head on the top and the cordage in the middle. 
You have some pictures here:  https://imgur.com/a/Z6jzEdL
All this is a work in progress, and the Tyron just added a NEI/JEI system that will make all these recipes easier to find. 
Also, we will be changing the way many of them work, as the idea is to be able to interact with items and blocks outside of the crafting grid.
my plan is for the player to be able to get all the ingredients and make all tool in the real world, without ever opening the crafting grid.

Hi!

Where can I find this NEI/JEI in game ? I'm lost

thanks 😃

After some time out for personal reasons, I am finally back and trying to get my feet on the game.
Right now I am playing the new updates in Vanilla so I know where we stand in relation to the mods.
I imagine the "H" key that brings up the recipe books will work for the mod recipes also. Right now there is no way to test it as the mod has not been updated to 1.8.X  . 
Once that is done it will be a lot easier to find all the recipes.

2 hours ago, Alexandre Gallois said:

Hy, 

I've a problem with boar head, when I use an axe on them, they loose their heads. But I don't have it in my inventory ... Same thing with the primitive sword!

For balancing reasons, the chance to get a head is very low. We tested it at 10% in previous versions and it was a little too common. The saw has the biggest chance to drop it, the sword is below that, the axe has the least chance.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.