From Golden Combs (1.16-1.18) Apiculture Mod

Vinter Nacht

Anyone else experiencing this in the 1.16 version? 

Certain components, Brood Box, Super, Base, etc... Can be crafted but cannot occupy a slot in your inventory forcing you to throw them on the ground and can never be picked up.

Other things like the frames are okay..

Am I doing something wrong? Even when I admin in a completed brood box it cant be placed or used in any way.

I love this mod! So happy that it has finally got a 1.16 update. However, there are few issues... two that are kinda showstopping.

*  Golden Comb causes a crash when accidentally placing something on top of the Ceramic Hive via Shift+Click.
*  There doesn't appear to be a way to make waxed linen.

*  All the Langstroth Brood Boxes only display the item name in the handbook.

Thank you for all your work! Hope this helps!

langstroth_brood_box_handbook.png

waxed_linen.png

crash_report.txt

• Like 1

I apologize for the long delay in responses here.  Have a lot going on RL that's demanding my attention.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:24 PM, CoB said:

FromGoldenCombs-1.16.0_v1.3.6-rc.3 interferes with the water recipes of BrickLayers 0.8.1 @Vinter Nacht

How exactly do they interfere? This isn't the first time I've heard this error, so please let me know exactly how they're conflicting so I can find a fix.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, Smeeslug said:

Picking up (or placing?) my populated ceramic hive to move it deleted the bees in it.

Will take a look at this at my next opportunity, I rather thought I fixed this error, but it's possible I fixed it in 1.15.x and didn't update it. (The perils of working on two versions simultaneously)

On 1/23/2022 at 7:48 PM, seeker285 said:

I love this mod! So happy that it has finally got a 1.16 update. However, there are few issues... two that are kinda showstopping.

*  Golden Comb causes a crash when accidentally placing something on top of the Ceramic Hive via Shift+Click.
*  There doesn't appear to be a way to make waxed linen.

*  All the Langstroth Brood Boxes only display the item name in the handbook.

Thank you for all your work! Hope this helps!

I believe this is an error I fixed in 1.15.x, same issue as above, working on two versions simultaneously.
Waxed Linen is made with Normal Linen and Beeswax in a barrel in a 1:1 ratio. I don't know why it won't accept other types of linen...

Player: "I said that and I'd need to make some tests.
When you installed FromGoldenCombs I wasn't able to put mix glaze in barrels. When removing FGC everything worked again
[06:48]
there was no crash/error. Simply putting clay in water did nothing and the same for putting frit in clay slurry and so on" @Vinter Nacht

5 hours ago, Vinter Nacht said:

Waxed Linen is made with Normal Linen and Beeswax in a barrel in a 1:1 ratio. I don't know why it won't accept other types of linen...

Doesn't seem to work for me (nor does the 4 twine 1 wax recipe), but haven't tested without other mods

Edited by Smeeslug

On 1/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, CoB said:

Player: "I said that and I'd need to make some tests.
When you installed FromGoldenCombs I wasn't able to put mix glaze in barrels. When removing FGC everything worked again
[06:48]
there was no crash/error. Simply putting clay in water did nothing and the same for putting frit in clay slurry and so on" @Vinter Nacht

Working on trying to resolve this.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:52 AM, Smeeslug said:

Doesn't seem to work for me (nor does the 4 twine 1 wax recipe), but haven't tested without other mods

Will look into it.  Are you also using bricklayers?

On 1/31/2022 at 7:06 PM, Smeeslug said:

latest update, tried taking the honey pot off a hive to replace to see if it would start it back up again because it's been stuck on less than a day for a while and now unable to replace the honey pot, it just places as a block

That's quite strange. It shouldn't matter, but do you have other mods installed?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 6:58 PM, Dragonsmen said:

Im using v1.3.6rc4 and have built a langstroth stack ,a base, 2 supers filled and the brood box but i can't seem to find a way to fill it with bees so im wondering if i have missed something or it just isn't quite working atm

Have you right clicked the brood box with a filled skep? It can't be in a stack when you do, it must be set aside on its own.

Just released a new version for 1.16.4 that addressed the immediate issues.  This was a very quick patch to start looking for new problems introduced with the latest editions.  Please post any identified problems on the Github issue tracker.  Thank you all for your patience, I'm excited to be back hacking code!

• Like 2

• Vinter Nacht changed the title to From Golden Combs (1.16.+) Apiculture Mod
On 2/10/2022 at 2:30 PM, Bentorium said:

A bit dark picture but there is cap between parts for some reason. Parts are created older version of mod. Should try to make new parts later and test. Latest  stable VS and latest Golden Combs. Also other mods installed.

image.thumb.png.1cf1e916d4c58c24645ff0c465fed9ba.png

Also -> Part of me wants to make this a 'haunted beehive' mob or something equally inane. The picture has great ambience.

Edited by Vinter Nacht
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Client crashed when clicking on an empty base with a frame liner 

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: animalcages@2.0.6, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, civbooks@1.3.4, cottagewindows@1.0.3, dragonflies@1.1.8, expandedfoods@1.5.3-pre.3, fancydoors@1.1.0, glassmaking@1.1.0, moreclasses@1.2.4, potatoes@1.0.7, moreroads@1.4.3, necessaries@1.1.1, pieontheshelf@1.0.0, potontheshelf@1.0.0, primitivesurvival@2.8.0, spyglass@0.4.5, locustmod@2.3.5, tradeomat@1.6.0, game@1.16.4, atk@0.3.8, alchemy@1.6.0, carrycapacity@0.6.5, dsdebarkedlogs@1.0.4, fancyplanters@1.0.3, farmlife@1.2.3, fromgoldencombs@1.3.6-rc.6, hudclock@2.7.0, lichen@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.7.1, moreanimals@1.1.1, nobells@1.0.0, nodrifters@1.0.0, petai@1.3.6, playercorpse@1.3.1, prospectorinfo@3.1.2, ruinvariants@1.0.0, tpnet@1.5.1, usefulstuff@2.3.2, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4, wildfarming@1.2.8, woodbarrels@1.0.1, workbenchexpansion@1.4.1, xlib@0.6.8, campaigncartographer@2.1.0-pre.1, bricklayers@0.8.2, cats@1.3.3, commandablelocust@1.3.0, feverstonehorses@1.2.6, moremolds@1.2.0, packanimals@1.0.0, wildcraft@1.2.1, wolftaming@1.3.2, xskillspatched@0.6.9-dev.7, xskills@0.6.8
3/16/2022 7:26:56 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselatorManager.GetDefaultBlockMesh(Block block)
   at FromGoldenCombs.BlockEntities.BELangstrothStack.genMesh(ItemStack stack)
   at FromGoldenCombs.BlockEntities.BELangstrothStack.updateMesh(Int32 index)
   at FromGoldenCombs.BlockEntities.BELangstrothStack.updateMeshes()
   at FromGoldenCombs.BlockEntities.BELangstrothStack.InitializePut(ItemStack first, ItemSlot slot)
   at FromGoldenCombs.Blocks.Langstroth.LangstrothCore.OnBlockInteractStart(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseBlock(Block selectedBlock, BlockSelection blockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _4Bi1AGVssrIO0El8b8ygdS9FIfm._LvzIyYpsQCoC78JubjSO0HCjtTg(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._JvY4M2412YZu1OS3Ull8wgZBu1j(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._KmBeEx15nyyLrVqNDW6geSArpNr(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   at _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 2/28/2022 12:08:17 AM, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.16.4.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 4150

Start Time: 01d82c71601890fc

Termination Time: 4

Application Path: C:\Users\geeke\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Report Id: 4a9fd37a-0f92-40fd-b738-89c2ddd2e615

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hang type: Unknown
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 2/28/2022 12:08:13 AM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1961698404069152768, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.16.4.0
P3: 6203cfc1
P4: cc91
P5: 134217728
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA56A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA57B.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA589.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA5B9.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\geeke\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1E84.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Vintagestory.exe_21f84bcdf852f5a858341cd83ff927cab0429948_62c4c811_686f5538-c333-4886-9f75-a88007d8db48

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 4a9fd37a-0f92-40fd-b738-89c2ddd2e615
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: f009facf123a0b9d1b395a4e12fe1800
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 2/28/2022 12:03:58 AM, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.16.4.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2a14

Start Time: 01d82c59b946620b

Termination Time: 6

Application Path: C:\Users\geeke\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Report Id: cc34cd4a-5b05-44df-b5a5-63c77bcdeda9

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hang type: Unknown
 }

• Confused 1

On 3/16/2022 at 8:28 PM, Amigurumi said:

Client crashed when clicking on an empty base with a frame liner 

I'll take a look and see if I can replicate this.  You said you clicked on an empty base with a frame liner?  I presume you mean a base that didn't have a super or brood box on it? Could you put this into the issue tracker on GitHub?

For Everyone:
New public post covering what's coming next in From Golden Combs on my Patreon!
Come check out the post and follow me, or show your support for my mods by becoming a Patron!
https://www.patreon.com/aetheriallabs

Edited by Vinter Nacht

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.