From Golden Combs (1.16-1.18) Apiculture Mod

Vinter Nacht

11 minutes ago, Hal13 said:

Just to clear that up: the whole structure has to be made from the same wood?

Nope!  You can create millions of possible combinations.  The base, each individual super, the brood box, even the frames can all be made of different colored wood.

To answer your specific question -> Brood Boxes are made by right-clicking a super with a brood top.  Those brood top item has to be the same color as the super you're trying to turn into a brood box.  Beyond that one interaction, the individual components of the hive can be made of any color combination the suits you.

Edited by Vinter_Nacht
  • Thanks 1

Encountered a bug (playing in 1.15.9, but before the newest mod version, might still be there or might be fixed already), placed an empty hivepot, wanted to move it later, tried picking it up (second bagslot was free) with leftclick like i get instructed on screen, it disappeared after breaking.

Am not yet able to reproduce, as the new pots are in the kilns for a few more hours.

Edited by Hal13

37 minutes ago, Hal13 said:

Encountered a bug (playing in 1.15.9, but before the newest mod version, might still be there or might be fixed already), placed an empty hivepot, wanted to move it later, tried picking it up (second bagslot was free) with leftclick like i get instructed on screen, it disappeared after breaking.

You said a hivepot? I presume you mean the bigger bottom ceramic pot?  That should be picked up by right clicking, not left clicking.  It shouldn't say that it needs to be left-clicked either.  Of course, I should probably also make it drop itself when you break it.

26 minutes ago, Vinter_Nacht said:

I presume you mean the bigger bottom ceramic pot?

Yes that's the one. Wasn't that called hive pot? And the small top one honey pot? Looked again, no it's called ceramic hive...

26 minutes ago, Vinter_Nacht said:

It shouldn't say that it needs to be left-clicked either.

right click didn't work either but it showed left click to pick up, if it's still in the new version i'll make a screenshot when i get the new hive out of the kilns.

And everything was fine when i took it out of the kiln only when i wanted to move it to another location that happened.

Edited by Hal13

v1.3.5 Bug Fix Release
- Corrected issues with interacting with Brood Top
- Improved WorldInteraction info 
- Minor documentation changes
- New partial Russian translation thanks to Craluminum.

5 hours ago, Kuddel said:

Vinter_nacht can you make a Video how to build and set up the Hives? I dont get it from the manuel xD would be really appriciate it

Will do.

New Bugfix Update -
1.15.7-v1.3.5-rc.1
    - Documentation
        - Fixed issue with game:block-linen-waxed-* not showing as Waxed linen.
        - More documentation updates
        - Corrected crash caused by NPE in Broodpot Interactions with an empty hand.
        - Corrected error where brood box would be removed when attempting to pick up with no space for it.
        - Made behavior consistent between picking up ceramic broodpot and Brood Box.
        - Corrected error where hive would be rendered unpopulated on swapping from claypot to ceramic.

Not gonna lie, I'm feelin' pretty bashful about the stuff that's still broken.😳
Working hard to get it going!

From now on, pre-stable releases will be marked with -rc.#

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hal13 said:

updated to the rc1

after finishing burning the raw ceramic hives from the former version in pit kilns they now just disappeared, i guess the hives were changed too much?

I suspect you're correct, at  least insofar as there was a change that borked those in the pits.  I did a test run on some pits tonight after doing more updates and bug-shooting.  rc2 is hopefully getting us closer to a stable release.

On that note... rc2 is out and ready for further testing:

1.15.7-v1.3.5-rc.2
    - Documentation
        - Fixed Ceramic Hive killing colony when picking up brood pot with active colony
        - Fixed bees taking excessive amount of time to settle in to a Ceramic Hive
        - Fixed interacting with populated hive while holding a populated skep resulting in a crash.
        - Polished hive block info feedback.

• Like 2

Hey there bee fans.  So I took it down to straighten out the existing problems, which were more copious than I thought.  Spent some time testing it and digging out bugs, and got rid of them.  Updated the documentation, finalized a few features, and am as certain as I can be that this is ready to grace your games.

If you're using the old version that only had claypot hives, no worries!  You may notice a weird flicker the first time you interact with them as they upgrade to the newest ceramic hives.

Remember!  All ceramic hive brood pots, and all the Langstroth parts have to be moved around in a bag slot!

• Like 3

• Vinter Nacht changed the title to From Golden Combs (1.15.6+) Apiculture Mod

1.15.10 release is out!  This release is probably the last release for 1.15, barring any future bugs and language touches.  There was a remaining bug in 1.15.10 where right-clicking a ceramic hive pot would make it disappear if your bag slots were full.  I also removed the ability to place honey pots on unstable surfaces.

A version for 1.16.0+ is available for patrons on my Patreon.  A link can be found in my signature.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to annoy you, i'm "new" to the game (used to play at the begining of survival) and i have an issue. i've located a hive (a big one) and i want to place down the ceramic hive, that's stored in my backpack slot. i've chedked and looked everywhere, googled it but i can't figure out how to place it in the world ( since i can't click the item anywhere)

Also, how do you translate the mod files? if it's easy i can provide a spanish translation =D 

edit: i've checked the russian file (to know what's about) and it's as simple as editing the json with notepad++ so if you want it, just tell me, i'll do it really quick

Edited by 1Joachim1
checked the russian json to know if i can translate it and it seems so :)

On 12/31/2021 at 1:41 AM, 1Joachim1 said:

Hi, sorry to annoy you, i'm "new" to the game (used to play at the begining of survival) and i have an issue. i've located a hive (a big one) and i want to place down the ceramic hive, that's stored in my backpack slot. i've chedked and looked everywhere, googled it but i can't figure out how to place it in the world ( since i can't click the item anywhere)

You can scroll through all slots (even the bag slots) as long as you hold sneak while scrolling. But the hive won't do something in that situation as you'll need to use a populated skep on it if you want a swarm to move in.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, 1Joachim1 said:

You're going to have to use a vanilla skep to capture that have for transfer to the Ceramic Hive.  Hives cannot spread to, or from, the Ceramic or langstroth hives. You have to get a populated skep and right click the brood box, or the ceramic brood base to populate it with a hive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 10:19 PM, Hal13 said:

You can scroll through all slots (even the bag slots) as long as you hold sneak while scrolling. But the hive won't do something in that situation as you'll need to use a populated skep on it if you want a swarm to move in.

this was it, i didn't know i could scroll through the bags! thank you! 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:45 PM, Eydan304 said:

Not trying to rush you in any way, shape, or form, but is there a timetable set for when this mod will be ready for the 1.16.0 release? It makes apiarism and husbandry really easy and is very much a need in any of the worlds I play in.

You need to support his patreon to get the 1.16.........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.