Fields of Gold

Vinter Nacht

On 2/18/2022 at 4:12 PM, Thorfinn said:

The deal is that a serving of porridge is a whole lot more than the 2 grains you put into the pot, just as it would be more than 1 blueberry. But it takes only around 1.2 seeds (plus whatever the birds get) to average 1 plant. So you are comparing drastically different scales of measure.

But I don't play the game for realism. If I want that, I'll just shut down the computer and go outside.

This is exactly why I was intending on having grain break down into 'seeds', providing a lot more seed per harvest than it does 'grain portions'.
I play any survival game for realism, which is part of why my mods are the way they are ;)
It's also, of course, why they're mods.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tinkering with Fields of Gold this morning. The berry bushes now account for modified month lengths across all stages. 

New Features In the Upcoming Release:

• Rudimentary Haystacks - A haystack will hold up to 256 dry grass)
  • Removal of vanilla bale and bed recipes
  • New Bale Recipe - A Haybale is made by interacting with the hay-stack with a rope.  Bales now hold 64 dry grass.
  • Straw Mats - Straw mats are made by interacting with the haystack using 4 cattail/papyrus fibers on the haystack.
    • Cost - 8 dry grass and 4 fibers 
    • Can be used as a form of carpeting, making for very nice flooring for animal pens.
  • New Bed Recipe - Requires three mats
  • More Crops compatibility
  • More Animals Compatibility
  • Creatures & Critters Compatibility
  • Feverstone Horses 

I'm looking at Wildcraft and Wildfarming compatibility as well.

Just wanted to let you all know what's in the works.

Edited by Vinter Nacht
  • Like 4

oh, I'll be very happy with the compatibility with Wildfarming, and I have a doubt, in the game we have at most the option of having 30-day seasons, totaling 120 days a year, but then some plants take more than 100 days they wouldn't die in winter ? I read what you said on December 14, "grow times based on daysPerMonth and hoursPerDay", but I didn't quite understand that, sorry to bother you.

50 minutes ago, ALESIO COSTA said:

oh, I'll be very happy with the compatibility with Wildfarming, and I have a doubt, in the game we have at most the option of having 30-day seasons, totaling 120 days a year, but then some plants take more than 100 days they wouldn't die in winter ? I read what you said on December 14, "grow times based on daysPerMonth and hoursPerDay", but I didn't quite understand that, sorry to bother you.

What that last part means ""grow times based on daysPerMonth and hoursPerDay" is that the latest edition of the mod automatically adapts to the length of your year.  So if a crop took 90 days to grow based on my default settings, on your server it would only take 30 days to grow.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vinter Nacht said:

What that last part means ""grow times based on daysPerMonth and hoursPerDay" is that the latest edition of the mod automatically adapts to the length of your year.  So if a crop took 90 days to grow based on my default settings, on your server it would only take 30 days to grow.

Thank you very much for the reply, now i understand it

can I somehow manually change the time of berry growth? 
I coped with the growth time in the beds, but I did not find the berry growth time file
the same problem as the Player above. a month of 30 days. the berries just don't have time to grow before the cold weather. flowering 110 days.growth of 60 days.  usually the growth from 0 to berries is 40-50 days in reality) please help

22 hours ago, Владимир Радостин said:

can I somehow manually change the time of berry growth? 
I coped with the growth time in the beds, but I did not find the berry growth time file
the same problem as the Player above. a month of 30 days. the berries just don't have time to grow before the cold weather. flowering 110 days.growth of 60 days.  usually the growth from 0 to berries is 40-50 days in reality) please help

I'll look into these times again to make sure they're balanced properly.  I do eventually plan on having a configuration option, it just hasn't been a priority yet.  I didn't expect there to be such interest in this mod, honestly. XD  It's getting more attention these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 1:15 PM, ALESIO COSTA said:

Alesio Costa... I want to confirm something... Are you referring to your server where you have 30 day seasons?  The vanilla game offers up to 30 day months as a configuration option, for a total of 360 days a year.

Really loving this mod, but ever since the latest patch if I remember correctly, I lost the ability to place down dry grass for campfires. I'm not sure why this is exactly, I just know that when I revert back to 1.15 from 1.2.0 the issue still persists. I can place down grass for hay piles, but if I press shift and right click then nothing happens. I play with other mods, but I isolated the problem to solely this mod by disabling everything except Fields of Gold. I've reinstalled the game, cleared cache, problem persists until I disable the mod. It seems I'm not the only one having this problem, as someone else mentioned this too! This is a somewhat minor problem since you can go to creative mode to spawn in an extinguished campfire as a loop around, but it becomes a major problem when it comes to charcoal. The game doesn't register extinguished campfires for starting the charcoal burn process, making it impossible to make charcoal without disabling the mod. Thanks, and again, thanks for the mod, I was looking for something just like this that simulates real crop growth time!

Edited by Kraken5886

On 4/8/2022 at 11:42 PM, Vinter Nacht said:

Alesio Costa... I want to confirm something... Are you referring to your server where you have 30 day seasons?  The vanilla game offers up to 30 day months as a configuration option, for a total of 360 days a year.

aaah, wow, I didn't know, on my server I'm using it 30 days a season and not 30 days a month, sorry for the inconvenience but already taking advantage of your attention, this is going to cause some problem in my world regarding how your mod is configured? he is already well advanced and did not want to start all over again

This release has some updated block interactions, changed the amount of hay in a haystack, and corrected a previously unreported bug affecting how pumpkins grow.

Refactoring of code to make adding new features cleaner in progress.

1.16-1.2.2-rc.1
- Fixed issue with firepit creation

- Ensured FOGDryGrass compatibility with Boiler
- Crop Compatibility with MoreClasses completed.
- Ensured dry grass compatibility with Ancient Tools pitch making
- Updated Pumpkins to grow properly on 30-day months ->Should be adaptive to any days per Month setting.
- Fix the bug where you will not get a hay bale back, but your rope will be consumed if you don't have room for a hay bale.in your inventory.
- Haybales now require the haystack to hold 256 hay and will remove the haystack on creation.

Right Clicking with Dry Grass is a Instant Crash for every User from our Server... 
Maybe you can fix it 😜 Thank you!

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.5 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: weaponpacka@1.2.4, ancienttools@1.4.1, animalcages@2.0.6, tonwexp@1.0.9, armorrepair@1.0.3, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, bettercrates@1.4.1, bth@1.2.3, chiseltools@1.4.6, cralutweaks@1.0.1, dragonflies@1.2.0, Creepless@1.1.2, expandedfoods@1.5.3-pre.8, extrachests@1.5.2, fancydoors@1.1.0, fancysky@1.0.4, fieldsofgold@1.2.2-rc.1, flagsmaterials@1.1.1, HangingOilLamps@1.0.1, instruments@1.1.2, meteoricexpansion@1.1.1, moreclasses@1.2.4, moreminerals@1.0.2, moreroads@1.4.3, necessaries@1.1.1, orecrystals@1.3.6, primitivesurvival@2.8.0, qptech@1.7.6, RangedWeapons@0.4.5, rope-bridges@1.1.0, sortablestorage@1.0.1, spyglass@0.4.5, stackables@2.0.5, survivalcats@1.2.2-rc.2, locustmod@2.3.5, tradeomat@1.6.0, viescraftmachines@1.17.0, volumetricshadingcontinued@0.6.6, game@1.16.5, zeekea@1.6.0, alchemy@1.6.3, bigpainting@1.1.0, captureanimals@2.1.1, carrycapacity@0.6.5, fancyplanters@1.0.4, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, farmlife@1.2.3, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.4, flagsreal@1.1.1, fromgoldencombs@1.3.13, helvehammerext@1.2.0, hudclock@2.7.0, lichen@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.7.1, moreanimals@1.2.3, morepiles@1.2.0, outlawmod@1.1.0, petai@1.4.2, pei@1.2.1, playercorpse@1.3.1, prospectorinfo@3.1.2, stonequarry@2.0.0-pre.1, tpnet@1.5.1, usefulstuff@2.3.2, creative@1.16.5, survival@1.16.5, vsvillage@0.0.3, wildfarming@1.2.8, workbenchexpansion@1.4.1, xlib@0.6.8, xrowboat@0.0.3, metalrecovery@0.1.17, campaigncartographer@2.2.2, bricklayers@0.9.1, bullseye@2.2.4, cats@1.4.0, feverstonehorses@1.2.6, packanimals@1.0.1, wildcraft@1.2.3, wolftaming@1.4.0, xskills@0.6.8
18.04.2022 16:32:32: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei FieldsOfGold.Items.FOGDryGrass.OnHeldInteractStart(ItemSlot itemslot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, Boolean firstEvent, EnumHandHandling& handHandling)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseActiveSlotItem(BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, EnumHandInteract useType, EnumHandHandling& handling)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseActiveSlotItem(BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsNoBlockSelected(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   bei _esGsESICkihAc8ShXuIoQwZFwP4._DPQfPEsBXX5ftH8l1sqqtyB2Itl(Single )
   bei _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._KbwUAfxjCHyIG0aK445AAA9FHl5(Single )
   bei _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._R0wAt2N0TpONMxGD0HJG3bDrRcI(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 476.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 452.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 375.
   bei _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )
   bei _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 18.04.2022 14:02:40, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = Das Programm Vintagestory.exe Version 1.16.5.0 hat aufgehört mit Windows zu interagieren und wurde geschlossen. Weitere Informationen zum Problem finden Sie im Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung „Sicherheit und Wartung“.
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 18.04.2022 13:22:48, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.16.5.0, Zeitstempel: 0x625674b5
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.22598.1, Zeitstempel: 0x868497cd
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0020001
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000008f6dc
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x0x4164
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x0x1d85315d5abcfb3
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: a2c551b0-48ca-4f46-8412-68d5174866c6
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 18.04.2022 13:22:46, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0020001, Ausnahmeadresse 00007FFB576CF6DC
Stapel:
   bei System.Environment._Exit(Int32)
   bei System.Environment._Exit(Int32)
   bei System.Environment.Exit(Int32)
   bei System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   bei OpenTK.NativeWindow.OnClosedInternal(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   bei System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleDestroy(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DestroyWindow(IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DestroyWindow(IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.DestroyWindow()
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DefWindowProc(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DefWindowProc(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.PeekMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.PeekMessageFlags)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.PeekMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.PeekMessageFlags)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   bei _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP, System.String[])
   bei _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   bei _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._Y05IfXM9WkIspw6hPrVSMF7UXwF(System.String[])
 }

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a crash whenever I try breaking reeds with a knife on version 1.3.0-dev.1

Running on 64 bit Windows with 64 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.0-pre.3 (Unstable)
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, weaponpacka@1.2.4, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, bettercrates@1.4.2, craftables@1.1.1, cralutweaks@1.0.1, cruciblecapacity@1.0.1, fieldsofgold@1.3.0-dev.1, fixroads@1.3.1, geothermalinsanity@1.1.0, HangingOilLamps@1.0.1, moreclasses@1.2.4, moredrifterloot@1.5.4, MoreResin@1.0.0, moreroads@1.4.3, MoreTorchHolders@1.0.0, necessaries@1.1.2, nodrifterthrowing@1.0.0, orepulverizer@1.1.1, OresAPlenty@2.5.0, primitivesurvival@3.0.1, qptech@1.10.1, rope-bridges@1.1.0, superfuel@2.0.7, viescraftmachines@1.17.2, vtpp@1.0.0, game@1.17.0-pre.3, egocaribautomapmarkers@2.4.0-pre.1, carrycapacity@0.6.5, extraoverlays@1.1.0, jhome@1.0.3, miningtools@1.1.4, paw@1.0.2, prospectorinfo@3.1.2, resinlightsbymad@1.0.1, techmolds@1.0.0, creative@1.17.0-pre.3, survival@1.17.0-pre.3, workabletemp@1.0.0, metalrecovery@0.1.17, darkerspawns@1.0.0, defensive@0.1.6, moremolds@1.2.0
2022-07-07 10:18:25: Critical error occurred
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value 923 to type 'Vintagestory.GameContent.TransientProperties'. Path '', line 1, position 3. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.Int64 to Vintagestory.GameContent.TransientProperties.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at FieldsOfGold.BlockEntities.FOGBETransient.Initialize(ICoreAPI api)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.SetBlock_Unsafe(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, IWorldChunk chunk, Boolean synchronize, Boolean relight, ItemStack byItemstack)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockReeds.OnBlockBroken(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer byPlayer, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnBlockBrokenWith(IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start)
System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.Int64 to Vintagestory.GameContent.TransientProperties.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an odd issue with version 1.2.4 (so I can play on the currently stable vintage story build):
It doesn't seem to be adjusting for month length, and I'm not sure where to go to manually tweak things. I'm playing on 9-day months, I planted flax the first day, and about 6 days into the month it says it will take '8 days to reach the next growth stage'--and it's still on stage *1*.

Vegetable crops seem to be adjusting properly? (Onions and carrots are already at stage 2 after a few days). 

I'm not sure what's causing this.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2022 at 1:21 AM, Atomika said:

I'm getting a crash whenever I try breaking reeds with a knife on version 1.3.0-dev.1

Spoiler
On 7/7/2022 at 1:21 AM, Atomika said:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 64 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.0-pre.3 (Unstable)
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, weaponpacka@1.2.4, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, bettercrates@1.4.2, craftables@1.1.1, cralutweaks@1.0.1, cruciblecapacity@1.0.1, fieldsofgold@1.3.0-dev.1, fixroads@1.3.1, geothermalinsanity@1.1.0, HangingOilLamps@1.0.1, moreclasses@1.2.4, moredrifterloot@1.5.4, MoreResin@1.0.0, moreroads@1.4.3, MoreTorchHolders@1.0.0, necessaries@1.1.2, nodrifterthrowing@1.0.0, orepulverizer@1.1.1, OresAPlenty@2.5.0, primitivesurvival@3.0.1, qptech@1.10.1, rope-bridges@1.1.0, superfuel@2.0.7, viescraftmachines@1.17.2, vtpp@1.0.0, game@1.17.0-pre.3, egocaribautomapmarkers@2.4.0-pre.1, carrycapacity@0.6.5, extraoverlays@1.1.0, jhome@1.0.3, miningtools@1.1.4, paw@1.0.2, prospectorinfo@3.1.2, resinlightsbymad@1.0.1, techmolds@1.0.0, creative@1.17.0-pre.3, survival@1.17.0-pre.3, workabletemp@1.0.0, metalrecovery@0.1.17, darkerspawns@1.0.0, defensive@0.1.6, moremolds@1.2.0
2022-07-07 10:18:25: Critical error occurred
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value 923 to type 'Vintagestory.GameContent.TransientProperties'. Path '', line 1, position 3. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.Int64 to Vintagestory.GameContent.TransientProperties.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.SetBlock_Unsafe(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, IWorldChunk chunk, Boolean synchronize, Boolean relight, ItemStack byItemstack)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockReeds.OnBlockBroken(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer byPlayer, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnBlockBrokenWith(IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start)
System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.Int64 to Vintagestory.GameContent.TransientProperties.

I can confirm this as an issue as I discovered and am having the same problem while I was prepping a mod pack for a private server for me and my friends to grind our teeth on.  It happened repetatively when I tried to cut Reed with a knife, using any (left, right, shift, or ctrl) clicks to interact.  Always with a knife in hand, type didn't matter.  Below is my variant of the crash. I did try pulling a few file like dry grass, wildcraft, necessaries, cralutweaks just to see if it was one of them, and the crash was consistent.  I am really looking forward to a 1.17 server, but you mod is one of our core challenge mods (Farming tweaks, single harvest, proper food prep and storage) we have always used, so any help or updates for this issue and we would be immensly grateful!

Spoiler

Game Version: v1.17.2 (Stable)
9/8/2022 12:53:51 AM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: fieldsofgold@1.3.0-dev.1
Loaded Mods: betterruins@0.0.2, blacksmithname@1.0.5, chiseltools@1.5.5, composter@1.0.4, cralutweaks@1.0.2, fancysky@1.0.4, fieldsofgold@1.3.0-dev.1, weaponpackg@1.0.1, guicompositesettingsex@1.0.1, hideandfabric@1.2.5, meteoricexpansion@1.2.1, moreclay@1.0.1, moredrygrass@0.2.0, moredungeons@0.1.1, leadroof@1.2.2, necessaries@1.1.3, primitivesurvival@3.0.5, qptech@1.10.4, rustandrails@1.0.3, riflemod@1.0.0, sticksfromfirewood@1.16.4, TheShovelerRises@1.0.0, translocatorengineeringredux@1.2.0, viescraftmachines@1.17.2, game@1.17.2, wildcraft@1.4.0, zeekea@1.6.2, carrycapacity@0.6.5, extrajuice@1.0.1, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.5, fromgoldencombs@1.3.14-pre.1, hudclock@2.8.0, lc@1.0.0, liquidcontainers@1.1.0, medievalexpansion@3.8.0, mcrate@1.0.4, petai@1.5.4, playercorpse@1.4.1, roadworks@1.0.1, ruinvariants@1.0.1, sluicefork@1.0.0, thatch@1.0.0, vanvar@2.0.1, creative@1.17.2, survival@1.17.2, woodbarrels@1.0.3, woodchests@1.0.3, worldconfiggui@1.0.0, metalrecovery@0.1.18-rc.2, cats@1.5.2, cob@1.4.6, tradercamps@1.0.1, em@1.0.0, onestick@1.0.1, wolftaming@1.5.3, bricklayers@1.0.1
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientWorldMap.cs:line 1100
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\Block.cs:line 1266
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.SetSolidBlockInternal(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, IWorldChunk chunk, Boolean synchronize, Boolean relight, ItemStack byItemstack) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\BlockAccessorBase.cs:line 155
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\BlockAccessorRelaxed.cs:line 77
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockReeds.OnBlockBroken(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer byPlayer, Single dropQuantityMultiplier) in VSSurvivalMod\Block\BlockReeds.cs:line 154
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnBlockBrokenWith(IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 499
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2089
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 814
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 600
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 89
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 199
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1176
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1364
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:line 204
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 711
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 615
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 132
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

On 9/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, Tye Mulder said:

I can confirm this as an issue as I discovered and am having the same problem while I was prepping a mod pack for a private server for me and my friends to grind our teeth on.  It happened repetatively when I tried to cut Reed with a knife, using any (left, right, shift, or ctrl) clicks to interact.  Always with a knife in hand, type didn't matter.  Below is my variant of the crash. I did try pulling a few file like dry grass, wildcraft, necessaries, cralutweaks just to see if it was one of them, and the crash was consistent.  I am really looking forward to a 1.17 server, but you mod is one of our core challenge mods (Farming tweaks, single harvest, proper food prep and storage) we have always used, so any help or updates for this issue and we would be immensly grateful!

Reveal hidden contents

Game Version: v1.17.2 (Stable)
9/8/2022 12:53:51 AM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: fieldsofgold@1.3.0-dev.1
Loaded Mods: betterruins@0.0.2, blacksmithname@1.0.5, chiseltools@1.5.5, composter@1.0.4, cralutweaks@1.0.2, fancysky@1.0.4, fieldsofgold@1.3.0-dev.1, weaponpackg@1.0.1, guicompositesettingsex@1.0.1, hideandfabric@1.2.5, meteoricexpansion@1.2.1, moreclay@1.0.1, moredrygrass@0.2.0, moredungeons@0.1.1, leadroof@1.2.2, necessaries@1.1.3, primitivesurvival@3.0.5, qptech@1.10.4, rustandrails@1.0.3, riflemod@1.0.0, sticksfromfirewood@1.16.4, TheShovelerRises@1.0.0, translocatorengineeringredux@1.2.0, viescraftmachines@1.17.2, game@1.17.2, wildcraft@1.4.0, zeekea@1.6.2, carrycapacity@0.6.5, extrajuice@1.0.1, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.5, fromgoldencombs@1.3.14-pre.1, hudclock@2.8.0, lc@1.0.0, liquidcontainers@1.1.0, medievalexpansion@3.8.0, mcrate@1.0.4, petai@1.5.4, playercorpse@1.4.1, roadworks@1.0.1, ruinvariants@1.0.1, sluicefork@1.0.0, thatch@1.0.0, vanvar@2.0.1, creative@1.17.2, survival@1.17.2, woodbarrels@1.0.3, woodchests@1.0.3, worldconfiggui@1.0.0, metalrecovery@0.1.18-rc.2, cats@1.5.2, cob@1.4.6, tradercamps@1.0.1, em@1.0.0, onestick@1.0.1, wolftaming@1.5.3, bricklayers@1.0.1
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientWorldMap.cs:line 1100
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\Block.cs:line 1266
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.SetSolidBlockInternal(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, IWorldChunk chunk, Boolean synchronize, Boolean relight, ItemStack byItemstack) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\BlockAccessorBase.cs:line 155
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\BlockAccessorRelaxed.cs:line 77
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockReeds.OnBlockBroken(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer byPlayer, Single dropQuantityMultiplier) in VSSurvivalMod\Block\BlockReeds.cs:line 154
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnBlockBrokenWith(IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 499
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2089
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 814
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 600
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 89
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 199
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1176
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1364
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:line 204
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 711
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 615
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 132
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

I'm getting this issue as well, I'm running 1.17.3. Any luck with work arounds ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.