Ukraine Announcement on a Game forum?

UGB76765

I'd rather see more games and developers stay out of the political arena. As an individual you might not be able to decide how, what, where, when or why your tax money is going to support something you disagree with, but you can for sure decide where the donation money goes. I don't support anyone's side in a conflict willingly or easily, I just know my tax money is supporting the Ukrainians in some way, I hope they are grateful for the support and my only wish is to see a quick conclusion to this conflict, because both the Ukrainians and Russians disgust me equally and I would much rather see my tax money go towards local services i.e. public transport, health and education etc. than towards bombs, coffins and fightin' money!

5 hours ago, Samuel Hiams said:

I'd rather see more games and developers stay out of the political arena. As an individual you might not be able to decide how, what, where, when or why your tax money is going to support something you disagree with, but you can for sure decide where the donation money goes. I don't support anyone's side in a conflict willingly or easily, I just know my tax money is supporting the Ukrainians in some way, I hope they are grateful for the support and my only wish is to see a quick conclusion to this conflict, because both the Ukrainians and Russians disgust me equally and I would much rather see my tax money go towards local services i.e. public transport, health and education etc. than towards bombs, coffins and fightin' money!

Ohh, what a nice racist friendly comment!

Well my fault really, this is a gaming forum I came here to play games and escape conflicts & politics but I really could not help myself to chime in that I don't like seeing politics in my games.

You remember that BLM messaging stuff in some minecraft mods a few years back? I didn't like that either, I just wanted to play my game but if I don't speak out now and tell the developers I don't like seeing politics in my games, then they don't get the message and my games continue having politics I don't want to see shoved in my face.

There's better times and places to discuss politics than when I am trying to play a block game. Please try to understand that?

Edited by Samuel Hiams
  • Like 1

I have a little better idea of what's going on, I think. Correct me where I'm wrong.

1. Russia has been repeatedly promised NATO would not expand one inch closer, starting in 1989. 
  2. Two districts (whatever they are called), Donetsk and Luhansk, have declared their independence from Ukraine. Their complaint is that Ukraine wants closer ties to EU, while they want closer ties to Russia.
  3. Putin recognized their independence. So far as I know, they are the only ones. Further, Russia committed to protecting them from aggression.
  4. Russia's current demands are that NATO honor their word, and that Ukraine let Donetsk and Luhansk self-rule.

Is that pretty much it? If so, I don't see what the problem is. How can we insist that China respect Taiwan's claim to independence if we don't allow it WRT Ukraine?

What's the point in NATO anymore? Not to oppose Warsaw Pact, several former Pact members now members of NATO. Invading Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, etc? Maybe we could try not invading countries for a while and see how it goes...?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samuel Hiams said:

There's better times and places to discuss politics than when I am trying to play a block game. Please try to understand that?

This isn't some discussion about how many guns people should get to own, or who gets to use what bathrooms.   People are dying.  CHILDREN are dying.  We would like to do something to help so that fewer peoples' lives are ruined.   Please try to understand that. 

• Like 2
  • Wolf Bait 1

5 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

1. Two districts (whatever they are called), Donetsk and Luhansk, have declared their independence from Ukraine. Their complaint is that Ukraine wants closer ties to EU, while they want closer ties to Russia

You chose to forget that only small fraction of people in Donetsk and Lugansk declared independence (check the size of those russians client states compared to whole Donetsk and Lugansk districts). The whole independence happend because Russia send there soldiers without banners.

This happend in 2014.

5 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

1. Putin recognized their independence. So far as I know, they are the only ones. Further, Russia committed to protecting them from aggresion

Putin recognized it only recently just before the war. And it just happend that he invaded his neighbor only day after that recognition. Without just cause. Well the idea of cassus belli dosent mean sh*t to him as he doesnt even call it war.

The truth is that Putin attacked Ukraine in 2014 because Ukrainians wanted to join UE. Not NATO. They acted as INDEPENDENT country but Putin doesnt recognize them as such (check his words about Ukraine). As he attacked and annexed Crimea and controlled minor parts of Donetsk and Lugansk districts Ukraine people started talking about joining NATO. Then he first threathened invasion, and finnaly invaded.

You are talking about independence of Taiwan but its you who dont treat Ukrainians as free people with right to choose their own path. And Putin treats them as part of HIS domain. That is the real cause of this war

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redram said:

This isn't some discussion about how many guns people should get to own, or who gets to use what bathrooms.   People are dying.  CHILDREN are dying.  We would like to do something to help so that fewer peoples' lives are ruined.   Please try to understand that. 

Right it's a discussion about keeping politics away from games.

Ukraine has my support whether I like it or not. My country (UK) has decided to keep this bloody awful conflict going along by sending a bunch of money, weaponry to Ukraine and tacit support (in the form of sanctioning Russia) their way.

I understand you want to donate to try to ruin less lives, sure that is admirable, but I still don't want to see the politics in my games and that's what I would like to see, no politics in my games please.

• Tyron locked this topic