Closing the forum

Yeetiee

1 minute ago, Tyron said:

It might not be automated bots but actual humans creating these accounts, though.

The accounts may be made by human but posts are probably run by script. Is it possible to require solving captcha to add new post?

• Like 3

It doesn't make sens for it that only ones who bought the game can post in forums. It should be open for everyone who owns the game. I bought game for Laskuna and few other. I think everyone who owns the game and play it should have right to post in forums.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Irulana said:

It doesn't make sens for it that only ones who bought the game can post in forums. It should be open for everyone who owns the game. I bought game for Laskuna and few other. I think everyone who owns the game and play it should have right to post in forums.

Sorry if it wasn't clear in the first post: I meant account in game = account with ability to post and some antibot measures for others to add new posts (for example recaptcha or simple eqation to solve as .jpg)

1 hour ago, Yeetiee said:

Sorry if it wasn't clear in the first post: I meant account in game = account with ability to post and some antibot measures for others to add new posts (for example recaptcha or simple eqation to solve as .jpg)

Non-Vintarians have to solve a captcha to post while those verified with an account don't have to go through one? I'd like that.

Just make 1 section open to non-buyers, being that about the general game or the questions section. That way, people who have questions can still post and any spam that comes through, will be contained to 1 section. Best of both worlds. You can also implement posting CAPCHAs. This does a lot to combat spam, as most advertising bots can't get through the complicated CAPCHAs. 

5 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

Now it's "abortion". Which is probably a safe one. Not many mods about that...

Now new mods for Seraph's nonexistent sexual health issues including herpes cures, and other sexual health issues made by tribal folks in some distant VS lands. lol

Edited by DX65
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michaloid said:

To be honest it'd be really cool if we had deseases in VS like headaches etc that would pass with time or using a remedy from a plant.

I so want to make a joke about mod that has herbal treatments for bigger "tools"  but I am not going. I don't find having headache amusing rpg but for those who want to be tormented I love to have them complain about mod that spins the room and makes half the screen have strobelight effect to represent a severe headache. oops editing too much.

Edited by DX65

9 minutes ago, DX65 said:

I don't find having headache amusing

To be honest i got this idea while playing SCP Containment Breach, that has a good nausea effect. To me it'd be cool if we sometimes had nausea or something like that, that could be cured by waiting or curing with some plant. Of course it would be optional, but since potions is coming sometime next millenia it's not impossible in my view.

Edited by Michaloid

On 3/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, l33tmaan said:

I think that's horrible! Why would you make this a paid forum?! 

How could someone make anything but basic, uninformed question posts without having played the game?
I can understand having a sub-section for folks who are on the fence about buying and want to see if this game is their jam or not but, otherwise, it doesn't make sense for non-buyers to discuss. How would they know anything about the game?

There are certainly bot-prevention options if that's the goal, but just making the forum a "Buy it for privileges, lose those if you spam" space seems totally reasonable.

Those are both horrible ways to look at it. Discord is a third party site and paid forums are the worst. Figure out another solution, telling people to go to DISCORD makes me legitimately upset. So many gaming communities are rotting away on there. Don't shut down this forum and do the same thing here.

In fact, if Discord was the only place to discuss this game I straight up probably would never have bought it at all, out of disgust.

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Orladdin said:

How could someone make anything but basic, uninformed question posts without having played the game?
I can understand having a sub-section for folks who are on the fence about buying and want to see if this game is their jam or not but, otherwise, it doesn't make sense for non-buyers to discuss. How would they know anything about the game?

There are certainly bot-prevention options if that's the goal, but just making the forum a "Buy it for privileges, lose those if you spam" space seems totally reasonable.

This is also completely insane. People watch youtube videos. People pirate it. People talk about it and post screenshots and videos and all these things that people who have not paid for the game can see and get interested in. Seriously? 

Edited by l33tmaan

Maybe paid forums are the worst for you but for me spammers are parasites who should be eradicated from forums by any means necessary. If it means closing the forum permanently for people who dont own the game - so be it. If it could be done with antispam measures implemented for non-owners only like captcha to add new posts - fine by me. I'm just sick of abortion and - cthulhu forbid - penis enlargement pills garbage and I would like it to be gone from this forum.   

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.