Item Dictionary

EreticKB

Add patch-able file, which collect item's special tags (more than one per item) and using this tags instead items in recipies. It'll lead to better mod's compatibility with each other and lesser troubles with game updates.

Example:

Mod has recipe with mushrooms.

Update adds 26 new mushrooms

Now: autor must add 26 new recipies per one existing recipe.

With Item Dictionary: all old recipe works fine, coz all new mushrooms has tags: mushroom and ediblemushroom or poisonmushroom.

Also any mod which adds, for example, eggs, will work fine with mod above, coz it's fire dragon egg has tag, among other, "egg".

P.s. It's just like Ore Dictionary for MineCraft, but as core part of game, not imported library.

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, EreticKB said:

Bump

Please stop bumping, if people are interested they will post and if not you'll just annoy people with bumping, without it having any other effect, If you didn't notice you are the only person doing this type of spamming.

If you need to bump the suggestion, at least add something new to your suggestion! Give people something they might be able to add on to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hal13 said:

Please stop bumping, if people are interested they will post and if not you'll just annoy people with bumping, without it having any other effect, If you didn't notice you are the only person doing this type of spamming.

If you need to bump the suggestion, at least add something new to your suggestion! Give people something they might be able to add on to.

Most of people not interested in things, which not affect their gameplay in obvious way, but if we delete from game all these  things, then game becomes non-functional shreds of code and textures. I can spam copies of this topic (even with different words), but instead i just prefer to bump it until devs say that they read it.

Edited by EreticKB

4 hours ago, EreticKB said:

but instead i just prefer to bump it until devs say that they read it.

Yeah, uh... good luck with that. 🤔

Respectfully, I think you've misunderstood the purpose of this forum. This place is not intended for you to discuss your ideas with the development team. This place is for long-form hashing out of ideas with other members of the community. A proper suggestions post will present something to solicit feedback on whether or not it would make sense to have it, or which form it could take. Here's a thread that exemplifies how this forum works. Threads like that are a useful resource for the development team, but they'll be read passively, and not always immediately. Especially since the vast majority (easily over 95%) of posts here discuss things that are not currently being worked on. The team cannot drop what they're currently doing everytime someone makes a suggestion post. Nothing would ever get done.

If you actually want to run something by Tyron directly, ask yourself this: is it technical, or is it content? If it's content, just don't. There's a decade-long backlog already. Just don't.

But if it's technical? Okay. With that, you'd go on Discord, into #gamedev. There, if you manage to start a discussion that shows that you know what you're talking about - in other words, you understand on a detail/code level how Vintage Story currently does things, and that you have considered how and why it would need to be modified - then you have a pretty good chance to attract the interest of the developers.

Heck, I've seen Tyron flat-out ask for a pull request before. That's how you go from bystander to contributor.

If you just go there and repeat what you have in your opening post, though? I'm giving you a 1 out of 10, and about that much chance for success, tops. The high concept of your suggestion is a good one, hence the one point; but you're not offering anything other than the high concept. That's just not enough. But you're a modder, so I'm sure you have more knowldge and can do better than that.

Always keep in mind, though... even the most well-reasoned and well-received argument can still get a "no, won't implement" in case the required work is just too high.

• Like 1

In my experience animals (including drifters) are prohibited from walking on the top of fences. 

My 1.15 drifter pit was one block deep with a ring of fences on the inside of the pit.  Upgraded my world to 1.16 and in the first drifter invasion I ran to my drifter pit and watched the drifter conga line's futility to walk over the fence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.