Novocain

[1.13.3+] VSHUD 1.5.10 (Formerly WaypointUtils)

DISCLAIMER: (DOES NOT MAKE WAYPOINTS FROM PAST DEATHS)

A mod that adds a few more things to the client side of the game, a few main features right now are: Auto Death Waypoints, Floaty Waypoints, a measuring tool under .measure, .lightutil, a construction planner under .shape, and block placement previews so you know what those slabs are going to look like before you place them.

There are a few default keybindings which can be changed in settings:
U to show floating waypoints.

O to cull automatic death waypoints.

P to open Waypoint Utils GUI

L to open Claims GUI

This mod can be used on any server since it's a client mod.

.wpcfg [dotrange|titlerange|perblockwaypoints|purge|waypointprefix|waypointid|enableall|import|export] General Config and import/export commands (from/to a waypoints.json file in the game directory)

.measure lets you use a measuring tool

.lightutil has some stuff relating to showing light level of blocks

.pconfig [enabled|tinted] for block placement preview config.

.clockconfig [Calendar|Season|Temperature|Rainfall|WindVelocity|LocalTemporalStability|PlayerTemporalStability|TemporalStormInfo] true/false [Offset] x/y Clock UI Configuration

.shape [sphere|cube|circle|dome|path|clear|extrude|save|load] [radius (shape id for saving/loading) (from waypoint id for path)] [thickness (to waypoint id for path)] [attach (true/false)] for making outlines to aid in construction

.obj exports an obj mesh file of the block or entity the player is currently looking at.

.objworld [horizontal radius] [vertical radius] exports an obj of the world, does not have plant/water tint and grass coverage.

Here's a screenshot of the floaty waypoints feature:2019-05-06_13-29-39.thumb.png.26d9cceb5f26aa9b000d53a1df90b430.png

Known Issues:

The color list under the GUI gets misaligned when scrolled down.

Lag on repopulation of floaty waypoint dialogues, this has mostly to do with icons I think.

Buy me a coffee

Downloads:

For Normal Users:

VSHUD.dll

If the DLL doesn't work on windows, right click it->go to properties->click allow.

If after doing the above and it still refuses to work, or you have a similar issue on Linux, use this zip version instead:

VSHUDCompat.zip

Edited by Novocain
  • Like 7
  • Cookie time 2
  • Thanks 2

Indeed these are the same /waypoints from the MAP layer - but now right in the First Person Viewpoint!

Slick, Fast, and Convenient. You'll wonder how you did without it before.

🙂

11 hours ago, Ultimaheart4 (Allen) said:

can you add in auto button for waypoint adding? so i dont have to type in "/waypoint add color name" and maybe a quick access location to see a list of these waypoints and closest/cords/color etc of them 

There's a GUI in the mod that you can open with (default keybinding) 'p', which will allow you to type a name and press enter, there is not list of colors there yet but that is a planned feature.

2 hours ago, tayger said:

how do i remove a waypoint?

I use the 

/waypoint list

command and then find the relating number to the waypoint, then use the 

/waypoint delete [number]

command.

• Like 1

As posted in VS discord #modding-help, VSHUD still causes UI elements to disappear (inventory tooltip overlay in my case) when 95+ waypoints are visible. Apparently, toggling WP visibility restores the missing tooltip.

On 10/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, Anthony Mooney said:

As posted in VS discord #modding-help, VSHUD still causes UI elements to disappear (inventory tooltip overlay in my case) when 95+ waypoints are visible. Apparently, toggling WP visibility restores the missing tooltip.

I've made a change in the game engine for v1.11 which should fix or drastically mitigate that problem.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, LeGourmet said:

Does this mod still work ok with version 1.12.1 ??

or 1.12.5 now?

I can't seem to get it to function at all. It shows as a loaded mod, but when i try "P" nothing happens, and the commands are not recognized. Is there instructions for installing it anywhere?

Edited by Sparkle Kitti

On 3/2/2020 at 3:10 AM, Sparkle Kitti said:

or 1.12.5 now?

I can't seem to get it to function at all. It shows as a loaded mod, but when i try "P" nothing happens, and the commands are not recognized. Is there instructions for installing it anywhere?

Just put the downloaded rar in ...\AppData\VintagestoryData\Mods. No need to extract. Should work just fine for 1.12.5, atleast it does for me.

Edited by Kevin F.

9 hours ago, Rhofnir said:

Just put the downloaded rar in ...\AppData\VintagestoryData\Mods. No need to extract. Should work just fine for 1.12.5, atleast it does for me.

I got a .zip when I DL'd it

3 hours ago, Sparkle Kitti said:

I got a .zip when I DL'd it

Ok, got it working! Could you give an example here of how you would use the light level command to prevent drifters from spawning?

I had a problem with this mod today. When I die all GUIs disappear and won't come back even if I restart the client etc. The only way to get them back is to disable this mod.

<edit>I tried to disable the floaty waypoints with the U-key and that too got the gui back. Could it be that the death waypoint somehow get corrupted?</edit>

Edited by Martin Hammarbrink