VSHUD 2.0.10 (Formerly WaypointUtils)

Novocain

1vshud.thumb.png.52a27e692961cb25595e2706e01513c4.png

DISCLAIMER: (DOES NOT MAKE WAYPOINTS FROM PAST DEATHS)

A mod that adds a few more things to the client side of the game, a few main features right now are: Floaty damage UIs, .obj Caching/Creation, Auto Death Waypoints, Floaty Waypoints, a measuring tool under .measure, .lightutil, a construction planner under .shape, and block placement previews so you know what those slabs are going to look like before you place them.

There are a few default keybindings which can be changed in settings:
U to show floating waypoints.

O to cull automatic death waypoints.

P to open Waypoint Utils GUI

L to open Claims GUI

Pressing R over a floaty waypoint will bring up the edit dialog.

This mod can be used by the player on any server since it's a client exclusive mod.

.wpcfg [dotrange|titlerange|perblockwaypoints|purge|waypointprefix|waypointid|enableall|import|export|pillars] General Config and import/export commands (from/to a waypoints.json file in the game data directory)

.measure Lets you use a measuring tool.

.lightutil Has some stuff relating to showing light level of blocks.

.pconfig [enabled|tinted] For block placement preview config.

.clockconfig [Calendar|Season|Temperature|Rainfall|WindVelocity|LocalTemporalStability|PlayerTemporalStability|TemporalStormInfo] true/false [Offset] x/y Clock UI Configuration

.shape [sphere|cube|circle|dome|path|clear|extrude|save|load] [radius (shape id for saving/loading) (from waypoint id for path)] [thickness (to waypoint id for path)] [attach (true/false)] For making outlines to aid in construction.

.obj Exports an obj mesh file of the block or entity the player is currently looking at.

.objworld Enables/Disables the caching of chunks as .obj parts during chunk tesselation.

.fdcfg state [true/false] Toggles floaty damage UI creation.

Known Issues:

The color list under the GUI gets misaligned when scrolled down.

Lag on repopulation of floaty waypoint dialogues, this has mostly to do with the upload of icons to the GPU via opengl since there is only one context and cannot be threaded.

Download: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/21

Edited by Novocain
  • Like 8
  • Cookie time 2
  • Thanks 3

• Novocain changed the title to [1.9.3] Waypoint Utils 1.0.15
11 hours ago, Ultimaheart4 (Allen) said:

can you add in auto button for waypoint adding? so i dont have to type in "/waypoint add color name" and maybe a quick access location to see a list of these waypoints and closest/cords/color etc of them 

There's a GUI in the mod that you can open with (default keybinding) 'p', which will allow you to type a name and press enter, there is not list of colors there yet but that is a planned feature.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, Anthony Mooney said:

As posted in VS discord #modding-help, VSHUD still causes UI elements to disappear (inventory tooltip overlay in my case) when 95+ waypoints are visible. Apparently, toggling WP visibility restores the missing tooltip.

I've made a change in the game engine for v1.11 which should fix or drastically mitigate that problem.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, LeGourmet said:

Does this mod still work ok with version 1.12.1 ??

or 1.12.5 now?

I can't seem to get it to function at all. It shows as a loaded mod, but when i try "P" nothing happens, and the commands are not recognized. Is there instructions for installing it anywhere?

Edited by Sparkle Kitti

On 3/2/2020 at 3:10 AM, Sparkle Kitti said:

or 1.12.5 now?

I can't seem to get it to function at all. It shows as a loaded mod, but when i try "P" nothing happens, and the commands are not recognized. Is there instructions for installing it anywhere?

Just put the downloaded rar in ...\AppData\VintagestoryData\Mods. No need to extract. Should work just fine for 1.12.5, atleast it does for me.

Edited by Kevin F.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with this mod today. When I die all GUIs disappear and won't come back even if I restart the client etc. The only way to get them back is to disable this mod.

<edit>I tried to disable the floaty waypoints with the U-key and that too got the gui back. Could it be that the death waypoint somehow get corrupted?</edit>

Edited by Martin Hammarbrink

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.