What did you do in Vintage Story today?

noname hero

I had shown the bedroom upstairs, but not the original hut , Only packed dirt I used was the floor in original hut, rest was harvested cobble and mudbrick. I added some decor blocks here and there. Been considering changing it up , however, nostolgia of the humble origins, keep me from doing it. View is from one way, to the other. 
Outside a couple shots of my always work in progress homestead.  Probably this weekend, I'm going to tear down the entire windmill tower, relocate it and re-design it. 

One shot of my Milk farm , and one of my humble apiary , i think i got 10 full skeps in it ( I usually harvest 8 at a time, leave two for repopulating.) 

2022-12-06_19-35-58.png

2022-12-06_19-36-07.png

2022-12-06_19-36-19.png

2022-12-06_19-36-45.png

2022-12-06_19-37-30.png

2022-12-06_19-38-12.png

• Like 2

Slow progress on numerous tasks.  Windmill is up, full sets of sails, and currently running a quern while I get ready to set up a helve hammer.  Initial building (on the right in the first screenshot) is the kitchen and smithy currently and is slowly getting some decor and better materials like a stone slab floor.  Residence building is getting further details and upgrades as I redid the foundation in stone, started adding window sills and window edge chisel work, and began doing some of the necessary landscaping and paths to make getting around easier.  Mid-summer of Year 2 and the crops are just coming in.

Few bear issues as compared to last year.  (knocks on wood)

2022-12-07_16-59-42.png

2022-12-07_17-18-21.png

2022-12-07_17-47-09.png

• Like 3

Things we're doing right now:

My son is hunting rabbits and doing all our smithing.

My wife is managing food production and storage (there are still rabbits, foxes and occasional wolves to hunt and ewes to milk). We're holding off on killing our pigs

I've been mining granite like a mad man in order to create enough cobblestone for constructing what will eventually be our sprawling estate.

We made a decision to set our days per month to 30 at the start of our private server world, and while it afforded us more time to learn about the game and gather resources for the winter, it also has presented us with more challenges to survive the winter via depletion of said resources.

We're making do though, and having a great time surviving together as a family back in 1386.

Regards,

ArrayPointer

• Like 2

Lots of bits and pieces being worked on, and also a little bit of detail work.  Mix of material gathering runs, preparing food, landscaping and paths, and the windmill.

(1) East view of main house and entrance stairs from the path to the barn, apiary, and gardens.

(2) Interior of windmill with the helve hammers installed/

(3) Interior of kitchen and forge after that building had it's roof raised and modified.

(4) "Hatch" for water access in the kitchen.

(5) New north view of kitchen/smithy with the in-progress water feature.

(6) Elevated west view of the two main buildings.

2022-12-10_20-56-34.png

2022-12-12_16-37-25.png

2022-12-12_18-42-10.png

2022-12-13_21-25-30.png

2022-12-13_21-26-06.png

2022-12-13_21-29-01.png

• Like 6

egads, so as i went to upload screenshots, noticed i only captured one on last playthrough... so will update later this evening.  

I had to start over , my game file got corrupted on a save, and wouldn't allow me back to what i had, so just started fresh... doing things bit different atm too...
re-vamped my settings, and re-enabled primitive survival mod.  I went in high heat, humid world seed, making vast majority of it, very jungle like environment. 
New builds i'm doing, whats shown here is after about 3-ish hours of play, getting my pit kiln area, and smithy portion going. 

2022-12-10_16-48-49.png

Edited by Anthony frailey
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Anthony frailey said:

is the hatch a default item we can craft?  looks good!

Chiseled as Maelstrom said.  Walnut slab added to a Polished slate slab and then proceeded from there.  The slot in it lets you "see" the water block below the slab and thus able to fill a bucket with water if you want.

ahh, ok i see. chiseling for decoration is not something i have tried yet.  Thought about it, seemed tedious, so i have really only used chisel for recipes and breaking down ingots into bits. 
I am bit of a lazy "builder" , most my builds are very modern/flat roof style , because i cannot bring myself to design anything with a pitched roof. My "style" is usually more practical, than nice looking.  Though i do try some mixing of blocks, updating to bricks, and use different glass and wood colors when i can. 

16 hours ago, Anthony frailey said:

ahh, ok i see. chiseling for decoration is not something i have tried yet.  Thought about it, seemed tedious, so i have really only used chisel for recipes and breaking down ingots into bits. 
I am bit of a lazy "builder" , most my builds are very modern/flat roof style , because i cannot bring myself to design anything with a pitched roof. My "style" is usually more practical, than nice looking.  Though i do try some mixing of blocks, updating to bricks, and use different glass and wood colors when i can. 

I tend to do "functional" at first and then expand/rework for better mix of materials, plus some "decor" chiseling to make things look right or to add better contrasts like wooden window sills or stone/brick trim on wall openings.

I have started doing a bit more with "trim" or screens, especially for ceilings.  Like thin wooden grates in the forge.  With your southern materials I have seen the bamboo stacks trimmed thin to use as screens as well.  The "slot" technique to allow access to things behind the chiseled block is a trick I learned elsewhere.  You can do things like screen in a chest and still access the storage - with the "screen" made to look like a piece of furniture.

Just experimenting with the water flow through chiseled blocks so far and have gotten mixed results.

After 110 hours of playing, I found bees for the first time. To commemorate this occasion, I build a glorious underground apiary to house them. Underground, because its pi***ing down almost all the time, and all that rain is good for crops, but bad for everything else. Even built a "mini" underground tree house for rare trees if you look at my mini map.

1234118974_Screenshotfrom2022-12-1718-26-08.thumb.png.c1597e7423fdb326814cebf921b85c81.png1734740187_Screenshotfrom2022-12-1718-36-08.thumb.png.f8fe3943e8403dc1375df990d7412e17.png2129404503_Screenshotfrom2022-12-1718-35-45.thumb.png.59b9e46efd001684ebae9243338a6bb2.png

Edited by BigBadBeef
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, Anthony frailey said:

Nice I did some updates, but forum won't let me post the screenshots, telling me I'm exceeding a few KB ... dunno :(

I got three artesian traders right around me, they had all this colored glass ... so I bought it all been trying to figure out ways to use it. 

With the chisel you can mix colors on a pane down to the pixel - in my server game I had started some glass windows on a castle but got lazy and went with simple stripes.

1 hour ago, Anthony frailey said:

only issue i got with this multi-color glass expansion is... i got no idea what to use the room for... i could expand my storage here, or more decore arts, but not reallt thrilled about covering up the glass. 
Ideas?

Flower garden and apiary perhaps?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.