Bees Pollinate

Smeeslug

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Given Lovecraft's fiction didn't have alchemy or magic, don't count on either being included in the game.  Roadmap has no mention of alchemy.

Alchemy was a poor choice of words, I was more referring to brewing etc, making tea or whatever. Herbalism-type stuff etc. Tbh I hope potions never get put into the base game if I'm honest. 

Fair 'nuff.  I am not worried about potions or even alchemy for the reasons I stated.  Tyron and team seem to have an extremely good grasp of Lovecraft's story telling and are doing an exceedingly good job of representing Lovecraft in game.  I expect to see science and technology based game content coming up in the 1.18 update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, Maelstrom said:

Given Lovecraft's fiction didn't have alchemy or magic, don't count on either being included in the game.  Roadmap has no mention of alchemy.

If recall correctly some of them did. It's been over a decade since someone stole my barns and noble hp lovecraft omnibus, so it will be a while before i get back with the name of the story. I have various works of his lying around the house, probably in the basement library. 

That aside, i would like to see some passive benefits to skeps and bees, like if the crops flower then the skeps get a benefit, and the crops get a benefit as well. Planting flowers would be nice too, as some mods add flowers in that are used in bandage recipes and i appreciate those. 

On 9/22/2022 at 1:27 PM, Maelstrom said:

Given that Vintage Story is not, in fact, under any obligation to replicate Lovecraft's fiction(It's advertised as having Lovecraft-derived *themes*, specifically), and given that the game *already includes* reference to alchemy(The Prima Materia), while you may or may not be correct about it not being included, I don't think it would be for those reasons.

I do, that said, absolutely agree that the presence of bees should have a benefit for farming. I'd implement it as a bonus for crop yield for plants within range of a skep.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.