Please note: Since new features roll in all the time, this list is often times incomplete
- Easily navigable creative Inventory with hundreds of blocks to select from, many with custom functionality
- Fly mode, noclip mode, arbitrary fly/move speeds, movement axis locking, arbitrary block selection range
- Advanced world editing tools - 8 different tools with many settings, undo/redo capability, import/export capability, select/move/rotate/flip/copy/paste functions
- MS Paint style graphical user interface to paint with blocks
- Macro editor to augment the use of world edit or other commands
- Cinematic camera tool for recording (using centripetal catmul rom splines)
- Inbuilt Video Recording tool that produces lag free videos even on low end computers
- Fancy shader effects to put your builds in the best light possible
- Arbitrary build beights (1024+ blocks)
- 32 Block range colored lights that mix correctly
- Most Creative Mode tools are multiplayer capable
- Very large worlds (~500.000 blocks) with highly varied terrain generation
- Solid player controls (walk, sprint, sneak, climb, swim)
Immersive Stone Age Experience: Hunter-Gatherer play style
- Initial Tools are made with flint knapping
- Throwable Spears and Stones
- Clay tools are made with a unique clay forming mechanic
Health and Hunger
- Player health and fall damage, death and respawn
- Player requires food in order to not starve to death
- Dropping/picking up items, easy moving of items between inventories
- Chests with inventories
- Hotbar and Backpack Inventory. Collect bags/backpacks to increase your inventory space
- Slow block breaking with item drops (ores and sticks)
- Tools with durability (pickaxe, shovel, axe, hoe)
- Mining tiers. Cannot break high tier ores with low tier tools.
- Diverse crafting mechanics (3x3 grid crafting, flint knapping, clay forming, smithing)
- 7 Types of collectible crops findable when exploring the world that can be planted and harvested on farmland. Encourages crop rotation through 3 different nutrient levels
- Several types of berry bushes that regrow berries over time
Metal and Alloy Smelting
- Can smelt pure metals or alloys inside a crucible, heated by a firepit
- Can craft firepits from dry grass and firewood
- Immersive smithing of metal tools and weapons
- Working doors, signs, fences, stairs, slabs, ladders, torches, buckets, saplings and more
- Flowing and spreading water
- Falling sand
- Clouds and Day/Night transitions
- Music and countless block placing/breaking sounds
- Most Survival mechanics are multiplayer capable
- Custom built engine made in C#/Visual Studio in a well organized code architecture following the DRY principle. Low library dependency and cross platform (Win/Linux/Mac)
- Fully modifiable Voxel Terrain with 32x32x32 cubic chunks
- Double precision coordinate system allowing very large worlds. Current soft limit about 1 million km² or 500.000 blocks in every direction
- Voxel cloud generator, particle System, internal game calendar with Day/Night cycle
- 32 block range colored light sources with 16.384 different combinations of color/lightlevels
- Supports up to 65,535 different kinds of blocks (+5 bits of metadata) and 2.147 billion kinds of items.
- Intricate fully configurable terrain generation system
Modding API (Server and Client Side) with 100+ API Calls and Events that allows to hook into most processes of the game
- Automatic Unload/Reload of changed mods while the game server is running
- Configurable mod dependencies and execution orders
- Mod-Modding ability
- Json Patching System
- Block-id re-mapper: Tolerant towards mods/blocks being added/removed as each world remembers the blocks it was created with.
- Multiplayer Capable (Server/Client Architecture)
- Most game content is added through external json files, including a customized model editor and 40+ configuration options for each block.
- Performance Optimized and Multithreaded: Fast on low end computers: Stable, playable framerate on an Intel i5 and Intel HD Graphics with normal graphics settings
- Memory optimized and 32/64 bit capable: Compresses chunk data in-memory when not used (reduces memory usage by 80-90% when idle). The client and the server automatically runs as 64 bit application if supported by the operating system, which means no memory limits \o/
- Bulk Block Update Methods: Allows clearing or setting many blocks very quickly. This allows large scale world editing/destruction without significant lag.
Polished and User friendly GUI System with feature complete Screens and Dialogs.
- Informative loading Screens, Single- & Multiplayer Screens, Settings (Graphics, Mouse/Keyboard Controls, Sound/Music Volumne)
- Adjustable GUI Scaling
- Macro Editor: Ability to run any sequence of commands using a hotkey
Extensive Inventory and Item System
- Hotbar Inventory
- Creative Menu showing all available blocks with find-as-you-type searchbox
- Drag and Drop of Items between Inventories, many helpful shortcuts for dividing/moving/switching out single items or whole stacks
- Ability to drop and pick up items from the ground
- Item Durability and Item Stats
- Decal system to render any kind of texture onto a block. Currently used for block breaking overlays.
Solid sound engine
- Ability to loop sounds or change their volumne and pitch while playing, exposed to the API
- Block Bloom: Make any particle or part of a block glow by a desired level.
- Ambient bloom: Adds ambient bloom to the scene
- God rays: Produces light shafts, particularly intensive during dawn and dusk
- Freely editable shader source code
- Ability to #include external files into shaders.
- Polished and User friendly GUI System with feature complete Screens and Dialogs.
- Standalone Multiplayer Server (or integrated when used for singpleplayer)
- Basic hacking protection via player verification (allow only players to join when they bought the game) and server side physics simulation
- Extensive Configuration Options. Examples: Map size (X/Y/Z), Group Privileges, Anti-Abuse Level, World Configuration, Server name, Welcome message, many performance tweaking options, etc.
- Multithreaded - stays responsive while chunks are generating, loading or unloading
- Many commands to control server and players. These include the ability to teleport, kick&ban players, stop, grant/restrict privileges and build areas
Extensive Channel-Based Chat System
- Ability to create/disband player groups that have their own chat channels
- Ability to op/deop players of a player group
Client displays each channel in a seperate tab
- Login/Logout in the game. Offline mode is also available.
- Acccount management page for changing your data. Ability to change your player name.
- Ability to reset password. Download section with latest game version.
- Creative Mode