Game crashing when using helve hammer on iron bloom

Prin

On exploration, survival mode. When two forges are heating iron blooms at the same time. When using the helve hammer to form iron ingots, the game will crash without a pop-up screen detailing the issue. It has happened several times in a row now; possibly linked to switching saved games, as tends to work fine if I haven't been playing in the creative world before opening my exploration world. Sometimes it will resolve itself after the game is restarted, but will also just as easily crash again at different stages of knocking off slag to form the ingots, or when working the ingots into other items.

2 hours ago, Shaelin said:

On exploration, survival mode. When two forges are heating iron blooms at the same time. When using the helve hammer to form iron ingots, the game will crash without a pop-up screen detailing the issue. It has happened several times in a row now; possibly linked to switching saved games, as tends to work fine if I haven't been playing in the creative world before opening my exploration world. Sometimes it will resolve itself after the game is restarted, but will also just as easily crash again at different stages of knocking off slag to form the ingots, or when working the ingots into other items.

Any mods installed?

None, I run just the vanilla game.

One other bit of information: it doesn't seem to matter if I'm looking at the work being done or not, or if I lower my settings, or if I'm helping to knock the slag off or not. Best as I can tell, it's either the helve hammer, the pulveriser or the quern also moving in the background, or the two furnaces going at once... or a combination thereof. The only thing I haven't tried yet is removing everything from the space with the helve hammer and letting it work alone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.