v1.16.4-rc.3, a unstable release, can now be downloaded through the account manager.
I should probably stop playing VS myself, because I keep finding imbalances and issues instead of working on the new trailer and the next major update
Played with my family for quite some hours, but still only in the bronze age
Tweak: Scythe rework
- New (default) tool mode: Trim grass. Will leave behind short grass that regrows. The 2nd tool mode restores old behavior.
- Fixed desync issues with long duration tool interactions causing scything to sometimes have no effect
- 3rd person scythe animation a bit more in sync with the fp animation
- Fine tune timings a bit
- Tweak: Free-floating vines now slowly disappear over time
- Tweak: Crocks now use vegetable labels for meals that have 3 or 4 of the same ingredient
- Tweak: Mitigate clayforming lagspikes. Disabling the block interaction help while clay forming might reduce the lag even more now.
- Tweak: Small server performance optimization related to entity spawning
- Tweak: Rough hewn fence recipe a bit less generous (12 -> 8 fences)
- Tweak: Added a new "arctic supplies" cracked vessel (not yet in worldgen).
- Tweak: Right-click placing fuel into a firepit now plays a sound
- Tweak: Arrows now show break chance on impact in their tooltip
- Tweak: Increased fleeing distance on most creatures
- Tweak: Improved teleporting behavior of hacked locusts
- Tweak: Mitigate locust wall climbing derps
- Tweak: Mitigate creatures forever stuck running into a wall
- Tweak: Disabled unused bellows block
- Fixed: Should greatly mitigate melee attacks not registered when attacking a fleeing creature
- Fixed: Teleport-on-lag is now off when AntiAbuse mode is off. Multiplayer players rejoice!
- Fixed: Strange behavior when sleeping in a bed and right clicking on another bed
- Fixed: Vintagehosting a failed request was displayed as sucessful in some cases
- Fixed: Rare server freeze when running /stop in the same moment as a player joins
- Fixed: Sawblade locust emitting light
- Fixed: Particles glitching through blocks, such as snow particles
- Fixed: Worldedit bug doing Undo and Redo on a placed schematic deleted all block entity data
- Fixed: Some Z-fighting issues with chiseled block materials
- Fixed: Player entered sneak mode when walking through doors and fence gates
- Fixed: Player knockback not synced to other players on death
- Fixed: Somewhat awkward first person animation when attacking with a spear while looking downwards
- Fixed: Down faces of all roof blocks are now considered solid sides
- Fixed: Snow breaking sound not attenuated over distance
- Fixed: Rare client side crash related to particles
- Fixed: Should fix .tfedit not using correct decimal seperator for numbers
- Fixed: Should fix the server mod downloader deleting manually installed mods that are outdated
- Fixed: Unecessary line break in itemstack tooltips in some cases (bug in 1.16.4-rc.2)