Version 1.4.4 is ready for download in the account manager.
I really wanted version 1.4.4 to be the first story elements update but since we have the GameOn Festival coming up this weekend I decided to work towards a more complete stone age experience and better game stability. Also the story features are somewhat tricky to get right. Aw. Never enough time.
- Same as clay forming but can only remove voxels. Uses flint as ingredient.
- Removed grip recipes for stone tools, these now require the flint knapping mechanic. Some tools are no longer available in stone form at all.
- New weapon that can be used as a thrown weapon or in hands
- Flint spears are crafted by knapping, metal spears through smithing
Feature: Limited Attack ranges
- Reduced default attack range of 4.5m down to 1.5 meters
- Swords, Axes and Knifes and Spears increase this attack range again
Feature: Creature Emotion States
- Basic implementation of reaction based behaviors. Bighorn sheep now become aggressive or sometimes fearful when attacked and will react accordingly.
- Tweak: Reduced hunger drain by 40%, reduced damage taken from hunger by a factor of 4
- Tweak: A bunch of shader tweaks. Nighttimes is now a tad brighter, nighttime clouds are now darker, night skies are more intense and broad daylight is a bit brighter.
- Tweak: Bighorn sheeps now have double the health. Lowered health for chickens though.
- Tweak: Some attempts in improving attack animations of creatures
- Tweak: Rock and Logs can no longer be broken without a tool
- Tweak: Reduced drifter spawn count by half
- Tweak: Bows have durability now
- Tweak: Increase default render distance of clouds
- Tweak: Doubled search radius for dynamic lights (they no longer emit light after 60 blocks instead of 30 blocks distance)
- Tweak: Flints now 25% more common
- Tweak: Animals swim a bit more naturally now
- Tweak: Harvested berries now enter the players inventory directly
- Fixed: Spam stacking wood not working
- Fixed: Placing flower in flower pots not removing it from the inventory
- Fixed: Big Workaround for GUI going haywire when pouring metal that hopefully didn't break something else
- Fixed: Some Stair sides becoming transparent when a block is in front (was a fundamental issue in the engine, maybe finally fixed now)
- Fixed: Some minor render glitches with water
- Fixed: 2 crashes when near the map edge
- Fixed: Anvil mold craftable (not yet finished)
- Fixed: Snowlayer white pixels poking through bottom edge, seams between frosted grass and snow layer
- Fixed: Several issues preventing creatures from spawning in groups
- Fixed: Child creatures not following their parents
- Fixed: Snow layer step sound only hearable on left channel
Edited by Tyron