Version 1.4.8, a testing release, is now ready for download in the account manager.
My whole family, including me, was yet again struck down, this time by a pretty bad stomach flu, so this release is way behind of where I wanted it to be. Nonetheless it should be worthwhile your time due to the addition of shadow mapping, if you have a beefier graphics card.
Turning the shadow quality to very high might turn your machine into an egg cooker, but man, it's so worth it:
Feature: Realistic Shadows
- Creatures and terrain now drops shadows onto the terrain/creatures, depending on the sun or moon position
- Enable in the graphics settings but requires a beefy graphics card. Won't work on low-end computers, sorry!
- Feature: Mod manager. A first basic version - let's you see which mods are loaded and enable/disable them
- Feature: Vertical cave connections. When exploring caves, you might now encounter very long vertical connections between cave systems.
- Tweak: Increased block light intensity
- Tweak: Reduced spawn rates of some animals, tweaked some animation speeds
- Tweak: Improved creative inventory search performance
- Fixed: Typing 'B' while writing on a sign disables the block info and similar issues
- Fixed: Gold and Silver deposits not read by pro pick and not adhering to the distributed ore system
- Fixed: More fixes and tweaks to improve music player track diversity
- Fixed: Game client crashing if it can't resolve web URLs
- Fixed: Empty moon now looks less strange during dusk/dawn
- Fixed: Pro pick on last use never giving a reading
- Feature: Can now hook into low level mouse and keyboard events on the client
- Tweak: Improved API documentation in various places and some code cleanups
- Fixed: Mod Lang files not loaded by the game
Fixed: Registering commands without privilege not executable
Game Account updates
- Removed the birth date from the game account profiles. It's no longer require when signing up.
Edited by Tyron