Version 1.3.1 is now available for download in the account manager.
After a long and ardous journey through the depths of the engine a working creature system has come alive. Please note that this is just the very beginning of the creature/combat system that we actually have in mind. There was just so many new components and refactors required that I wanted to have them done first before I go ahead with a "version 0.0.2" of these components. The next step is probably to add support for models and animation made from the VS Model Creator. Nonetheless I hope that it will spice up your survival experience!
Feature: First hostile creature: Drifter. Includes:
- Basic but modular AI System: Wandering around, seeking players, attacking the nearest player
- Basic path traversing: Walk from point a to point b in a direct line. Ability to step on 1 high blocks.
- Powerful creature configuration: A creature is merely a json file. Creatures and can added, removed or modified by touching only those files (custom models not implemented just yet).
- Basic movement interpolation on the client. Creatures and other Players now should move smoothly
- New server command: /entity [spawn|count|removeall] [entityname]
- Custom texture as well as idle, hurt and death sounds
- 0.5 second red tinting when being attacked. Spawn particles on death.
- Basic spawning and despawning mechanic. Drifters (for) now spawn in dark areas where the light level is below 8.
Feature: Very Basic combat system
- Ability to punch other players and creatures.
- Added attack power property to items. Swords, Knifes and Axes now have extra attack power (visible in the items tooltip)
- Durability reduction on items with durability when attacking
Feature: Engine/Mod API Updates
- Able to register entities, ai tasks, entity renderers and particle property providers
- Able to spawn particles server side (=> broadcasted to clients)
- Tweak: In multiplayer a joining player is now regarded as spectator until the client sends a ready signal. This should prevent getting killed while still joining.
- Fixed: Item texture overlays property not working
- Fixed: Crash when trying to craft something
- Fixed: Not able to start a singleplayer world if in serverconfig.json whitelisting is turned on
- Fixed: A client crashing in a certain situations when joining a multiplayer world
(Something seems to have gone awry with the encoding. I'll upload a better quality clip tomorrow)