Version 1.5.1, a testing release, is now ready for download in the account manager.
Builds, Mods, Screenshots and Suggestions are popping up left and right in the forums and discord chat, made by you lovely, wonderful people! Even @chapp007 returned with some life signs!
Sorry I haven't been able to catch up with all the new posts in the Forums and perhaps one or the other bug report. If I missed something important, feel free to nudge me with it more directly. Anyyyhow, have some cool and mystical feature updates again \o/
Disclaimer: This release might be quite buggy, be aware!
Visual game updates
Stone tools: Make your stone age tools out of hard rock. No more flint shortages.
New Tool: Scythe breaks a 3x3 area of grass or crops
Full game updates list
- Feature: Stone Tools. Can now create stone specific axes, shovels, knifes and spears from granite, andesite, basalt and obisdian.
- Feature: Scythe. Can now break a 3x3 area of tall grass or crops at once using the scythe. Therefore tallgrass no longer breaks instantly
- Feature: New geologic province, the basalt area. You might find yourself in an area covered with basalt rock. Basalt may now contain obsidian as deposit.
- Feature: Set your spawn point. Go hunt a lot of drifters, the rest is a surprise
- Feature: Configurable day/night length. Via /time hoursperday [hours] you can set how long the day/night cycle should take. The creative mode now has a default day/night length of 24.000 hours.
Feature: New Block: Plaster
- Crush chalk stones with a hammer, then bake it to get quick lime
- Combine quick lime with sand to get plaster
- Can be combined with planks to get various patterns. The diagonal and striped blocks can be placed with 3 different orientations, like logs.
Feature: Vintage OS v0.1: Floaty and weird multi GUI Dialog Experiments.
- When opening a chest or the inventory, the player can still walk around and interact with the world.
- Can also hold down CTRL to still look around.
- Can now open multiple chest inventories at the same time
- Via .clientconfig floatyGuis 1 you can enable an experimental mode where the chest dialogs float above the chests.
- Can now move dialogs around by selecting the "Movable" option from the context menu that's now available on the top right.
- Dialogs can now be focused / brought to the foreground
- Feature: Chat message now also appear above the players heads
- Feature: Flint can now be broken out of solid rock by hand
- Feature: Craftable grass covered soil. Use 1 dry grass above 1 low/medium fertility soil to get grass covered soil (temporary solution)
- Feature: All creatures now play a custom animation when getting hurt
- Feature: Added frame tick profiler to the server in order to debug performance issues.
- Tweak: Pumpkins now give 4 times the saturation, for a total of 480 sat. Pumpkin fruits are now in the creative inventory.
- Tweak: Chat overlay is now more transparent and has a slightly larger font. Please let me know if that is a good or bad change
- Tweak: Linen bag recipe is a lot cheaper now. New recipe is 1 Twine above 1 Linen cloth.
- Tweak: Cobblestone Path now requires 4 stone instead of 5, hay bale requires 6 instead of 9 dry grass
- Tweak: High quality animation blending now enabled for all creatures, at notable CPU cost (1-7%). You can revert to the fast animation system in the graphics settings.
- Tweak: Moved death dialog down by 40 pixels so that spam clicking before death doesn't insta respawn you
- Tweak: Reorganized many debug commands. They are now grouped together into the .debug and /debug command.
- Tweak: Creature Knockback is now more pronounced
- Tweak: Crucibles can now hold only ingots and ores
- Tweak: Small berry bushes and full peat blocks are now burnable
- Tweak: Minor CPU optimizations in crowded creature situations
- Tweak: Work items can now be resmelted
- Tweak: Chests can no longer made from bamboo
- Tweak: Removed voxels while clay forming can be reused again
- Tweak: Crops now require sun light level 20+ to grow. They loose 10% growth speed for every light level below 20, with 0% growth at light level 10 or below. Not affected by day/night cycle or block light.
- Fixed: Worldedit block relighting off by default (should be on by default)
- Fixed: Drifters damaging players through blocks (chance of that should be greatly reduced at least)
- Fixed: Game crashing in multiplayer when clay forming and running out of clay
- Fixed: Alloying not working in corner cases
- Fixed: Able to add items to the creative inventory with right click
- Fixed: Breaking chests dropping a chest that is not stackable with the crafted one
- Fixed: Obsidian breaking too fast and not dropping stones but the full block instead
- Fixed: Game no longer crashes when a tool rack contains an unknown block/item
- Fixed: Game crashing when using hotkeys while a game world is loading
- Fixed: Added missing password field for multiplayer server entries. You can now properly password protect your servers
- Fixed: Metal sheets not rotating via world edit rotate commands
- Fixed: Forge, Bomb and bloomery instantly ignitable
Mod API Updates
- Feature: Added mod icon support. Mods can now display an icon in the mod manager. Mod manager has now a disabled overlay for disabled or broken mods. (by CreativeMD).
- Tweak: Event API now also contains the methods to register a game tick or a delayed callback
- Tweak: The Server Events CanUse/Break and DidUse/Break now have a BlockSelection object as argument.
- Tweak: NetworkClientMessageHandler now has IServerPlayer as first arg
- Fixed: JSONObject.ToFloatArray() no longer throwing an exception on some values
- Fixed: Block loader no longer crashing if a block behavior does not exist
- Fixed: Smelting things in crucible not respecting the smeltedstack stacksize as configured in the combustible properties
- Fixed: BlockSelection.Clone() crasing in some cases
- Fixed: Death event not firing. Added more arguments to the death event
- Fixed: Saplings never growing
New/Updated grid crafting recipes
Edited by Tyron