Your next breaking news for Vintagestory.
I've decided I will release a "Creative Mode Edition" within the following 2 months, before the planned release in 2017. This edition will not contain a playable survival mode but offer all of the elements to allow multiplayer creative building with some extras such as server modding support, a nice worldgen, massive configuration options and hopefully some decent camera tools to be able to make nice recordings of in-game creations.
The very first version will probably cost only 8 eur which will get you:
- The full game as it is with all available features which is yours forever. No DLCs you would need to pay for extra.
- No DRM, you can copy and download the game freely. However you will need a game account and log in at least once to be able to play
- Obviously no restrictions in monetizations from uploaded videos of the game (e.g. on Youtube)
- Any subsequent updates for 3 years for free. Once that expires you can get a renewal license for a quarter of the price for another 3 years upgrades.
- A purchaser only forum area
Updates Since Last Week
Added a number of new blocks and a few updates to the rendering engine to be able to draw them.
The blocks are Snow, Snow layer, Ice and Vines
Dedicated a few days on improving worldgen again, in particular tree and block layer generation. Several trees look a lot better now and there's a first version of snow covered areas. Deserty and jungly areas will follow soon too now.
Finished implementation of random textures, this was missing for json models and could only applied to the whole block. Now you could have a pillar block with only 1 kind of texture for the top and bottom and any quantity of randomly chosen texture for the horizontal sides.
More work towards multiplayer (added a disconnected screen that displays the disconnect reason, made authentication of players via auth server work)
- Saraty (and Devon) did some more work on the planks and logs texture and began redrawing all the tallgrass variants.
Edited by Tyron