Yet again an excessive list of updates since last version.
Version 1.0.6 is now available for download in the account manager.
Thanks to Nachtfalter we have a super pretty video to show this time, demonstrating merely one new feature of v1.0.4 (and in part v1.0.6): The chimney block. It also gives you a glimpse of our new Logo and new Youtube Channel.
- Feature: Signs are now writeable and can also be placed on walls!
- Feature: Much improved performance when placing/removing blocks, in part due to a completely new localized sun relighting algorithm.
- Feature: Overall slight improved performance due to the removal of two rather slow code obfuscation methods.
- Feature: Added Stone Path Block. Gives a 15% movement bonus while walking on it.
- Feature: Added Frosted Grass Blocks. Gorgeous winter decoration <3
- Feature: New Particle property "SelfPropelled": Particles can regain their velocity when collided, when freed again. (Smoke Signals!)
- Feature: Added block behaviors. This is an elegant solution for certain blocks that behave in several ways. This now allows for the chimney block auto-orient when placing. Surely will have many future applications.
- Feature: Readded Mechanical Power Blocks: Currently only useful for decorative purposes.
- Feature: Random Rotation for the Import Tool. Using /we imrrand [off or on] will randomly rotate the placed import file.
- Feature: New Flower: California Poppy
Feature: Added 2 new commands to assist in long flyover cinematics
- /sendchunks [0 or 1] - stops standard chunk loading to reduce potential lag sources during recording
- /forceloadchunks x1 z1 x2 z1 [sendtoclient] - loads given area of chunk columns and forces the server to keep them in memory. If 'sendtoclient' is supplied, these chunks are also sent to client, unaffected by the /sendchunks command.
Feature: Added 2 new server configurations to assist in underground cinematics (in serverconfig.json)
- SkipEveryChunkRow: 5 - will skip generating every 5th stripe of chunks
SkipEveryChunkRowWidth: 2 - makes the skipped stripe 2 chunks wide
- Feature: Readded basic rails block. Can't be properly connected yet around curves and stuff. Also there is no minecarts yet.
- Tweak: Overall graphics quality improvement - godrays shader slightly more intensive, high bloom levels brightens the sky somewhat less, slightly increased color contrast, better bloom quality
- Tweak: New ice textures
- Fix: Item Textures now correct again
- Fix: Using several colored torches sometimes caused some blocks to have the wrong coloring
- Fix: Resolved an uncommon client side crash in certain cases when loading a world with dropped items
- Fix: Singleplayer Loading Screen should no longer scroll out of range on a large gui scale
- Fix: Chimneys continue smoking after the block is removed in certain cases
- Fix: Topsoil not showing grass coverage in the creative inventory
- Fix: .help now shows all commands with the correct '.' prefix
- Fix: One major source of network lag when dropping many items
Edited by Tyron