Resetting the timers on trees and animals?

Khornet

Is there a way via console commands to "reset" the timers on currently existing, in "progress" animals? What I mean is change their current state, from "Can mate in several days" or "Pregnant" back to the neutral "zero" state.

There is a bug (or "feature") where crops/trees/animals imported from another world keep their current state (growth level/pregnancy etc.) until the world they were imported to reaches the date of their export. So if you import your trees, crops, or animals... they are "frozen" from progress, growth, death, whatever, until your world reaches the date you exported them at.
I could easily take the loss for a lost season of crops and just plant new ones... but the 2-year old fruit trees and 6th generation sheep being frozen from progressing until I pass 3 in-game years is a lot more painful.

Edited by Khornet
  • Like 1

To be more specific: I want to "reset" these pigs. How would I do that? Is it even possible? If not, how can I spawn new pigs and use /entity cmd setgen  on them?
Pictured are my failed attempts in the chat, I don't know what's the format for applying the filter for the chat command.

Also what does a "Herd ID" of "0" actually mean? They were export-imported from another world before 1.18.

image.thumb.png.e82094ae3ade1c2f4ed38c3802505d42.png

I would imagine herd id is what herd they belong to. In the wild the family of boar sticks together, I would imagine seeing this that that's what that means.

As for the command line, it should be /entity cmd l[] (L for looking, in theory the brackets might have a range input) setgen # (# being what gen you want them to be.)

2 hours ago, Ogi Teh yeti said:

I would imagine herd id is what herd they belong to. In the wild the family of boar sticks together, I would imagine seeing this that that's what that means.

As for the command line, it should be /entity cmd l[] (L for looking, in theory the brackets might have a range input) setgen # (# being what gen you want them to be.)

Ok. So assuming "modifying" the values on the already existing pigs is out of the question, how would I also spawn new ones (for the purpose of setting their generation later) to make them as "natural" as possible?
And sheep too, while we're at it. Chickens are thankfully unaffected by the bug because of completely different breeding mechanics (egg laying).

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out. /entity spawn pig-wild-male 1 etc. setgen also worked. Here's to hope they're functional as normal entities...
Obsolete animals were promptly slaughtered.

Not marking as solution though because my question still pertained whether it's possible to edit existing entities instead of spawning new ones (and also mentioned modifying existing trees, though I've just chopped down mine and re-planted new ones, because I want to play the game and don't feel like blocking myself with waiting for a better solution).

Edited by Khornet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.