Void linux XplatUI exception crash

BreadBug

This is also on the discord but I figured an actual forum post would be beneficial.

Im running a gtx780 with open source driver on the latest version of void linux base. To reproduce setup void linux base with xterm and i3 then launch the latest release of vintage story using mono. I dont know if this specifically will reproduce the issue but its the closest process I currently know of. The full error below is what the terminal spits out when I launch the game with mono. From what Ive seen the XplatUI error also gets thrown when it doesnt recognize a valid X server. Which is confusing because Im using the same setup for my WM as I did on ubuntu which worked and used an X server. Theres more errors too but theyre also xplat errors.

3.8.2023 15:28:07 [Client Notification] Client logger started. 3.8.2023 15:28:07 [Client Notification] Game Version: v1.18.7 

(Stable) System.TypeInitializationException trying to get all screens: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI' 

threw an exception. Game Version: v1.18.7 (Stable) 8/3/2023 3:28:07 PM: Critical error occurred Loaded Mods: 

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.Screen' threw an exception. ---> 

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI' threw an exception. ---> 

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.GDIPlus' threw an exception. --->

System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so.0 assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null) at (wrapper managed-
to-native) 
System.Drawing.GDIPlus.GdiplusStartup(ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&) at 

System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x000b0] in <bd8a6e44798f47a7b032fbb1d9c9226c>:0 

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Edited by BreadBug
Changed the code annotation to not suck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.