1.18.8. for mac is not working (intel mac)

dhgerber

I also had this issue, but I used some of the hints in this thread and got it to load, but now the game takes up the bottom left 1/4 of my screen while the rest of the screen is black, but the mouse and the game are acting like it is full screen. I have to click around into the black for it to register on the smaller game screen. When I manage to tell it to not be in full screen the game crashes. 

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.07.02 AM.png

1 minute ago, Kethry1313 said:

I also had this issue, but I used some of the hints in this thread and got it to load, but now the game takes up the bottom left 1/4 of my screen while the rest of the screen is black, but the mouse and the game are acting like it is full screen. I have to click around into the black for it to register on the smaller game screen. When I manage to tell it to not be in full screen the game crashes. 

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.07.02 AM.png

So let's wait the issue is fixed.

Hello Folks,

one week now I've posted about this subject and no progress !

I'm really sad because I didn't have this issue for the preceding updates, everything went well for 1.18.5, 1.18.6 and 1.18.7

I imagine there's not a lot of mac users for you to take care of.

But right now I can play the game in 1.18.7. So ok.

Cheers

We are looking at what we can do about this, the issue appears to be in third-party libraries which we use, not Vintage Story itself, so a fix may take some time.

Meanwhile, glad to hear that 1.18.7 is working reasonably well.  Others affected by this, if you roll back to game version 1.18.7, that may also work better for you.

A part of the motivation for our switch to .NET7 was to have the game working well on Macs.  That is certainly the goal, but achieving it is not easy...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.