Issue with Custom Ore Textures

GreenM4N4

I am trying to use the code below to texture ores:

textures: {
        all: {
            { base: "block/stone/rock/{rock}1",
            overlays: [ "block/ore/{type}1" ]},
            alternates: [
                { base: "block/stone/rock/{rock}1", overlays: [ "block/ore/{type}2" ] },
                { base: "block/stone/rock/{rock}1", overlays: [ "block/ore/{type}3" ] }
            ]
        }
    },

It is failing to resolve the ore texture correctly. If I use the ore texture or the rock texture alone they load, I also tried blendedoverlays instead of just overlays and had the same result. I've been troubleshooting this for a while now and decided it's time to ask for help. What am I missing regarding overlay textures for ores? This is the mod w/ updated files that I am working on now: https://mods.vintagestory.at/crystallum

I figured it out. The corrected code is below (note: In this example, I have the rock textures from the base game copied into my textures folder. If you want to use the base game stone textures prepend the texture name with game:) : 

textures: {
        all: {
            base: "block/stone/rock/{rock}1", blendedOverlays: [{ base: "block/ore/{prop}1", blendMode: "Overlay" }] ,
        variants: [
                { base: "block/stone/rock/{rock}2", blendedOverlays: [{ base: "block/ore/{prop}2", blendMode: "Overlay" }] },
                { base: "block/stone/rock/{rock}3", blendedOverlays: [{ base: "block/ore/{prop}3", blendMode: "Overlay" }] }
            ]
        }
    },

Edited by GreenM4N4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.