Tree Seeds - Is there a mod?

Cardzy

So I am seriously tired of having to destroy tons of tree leaves in order to 'possibly' get enough tree seeds to sustainably keep growing what I cut down.  It is really ridiculous.  So I am looking for a mod that drops tree seeds when you chop down a tree.  NOT when you destroy the damned leaves.  Just chop the tree down and get a seed or two.  The only mods I am finding increase seed drop rate for destroying leaves.  I want to avoid the destroying leaves process all together.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

More Trees More Seeds doesn't specifically say anything about giving seeds for chopping down the tree, so I assumed it still only applied to the leaves.  Perhaps I am incorrect.  Stick em up appeared to only be for sticks, which was not my goal, but reading the description it barely mentions saplings when it mentions the drop rate modifier and the only mention of seeds is when it says 'sticks/sapling' drop rates.  I've never even had a sapling in my inventory before, I assume they are planted the same as seeds?

Anyway, these may accomplish my original goal, I will have to try them to find out I guess.  For now I went with Whole Lotta Tree Seeds and just use shears on a few leaves of one tree to stock up on seeds before chopping down all the rest as it provides too many, but solves my problem.

Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated.

Edited by Cardzy

1 hour ago, Cardzy said:

More Trees More Seeds doesn't specifically say anything about giving seeds for chopping down the tree, so I assumed it still only applied to the leaves.  Perhaps I am incorrect.  Stick em up appeared to only be for sticks, which was not my goal, but reading the description it barely mentions saplings when it mentions the drop rate modifier and the only mention of seeds is when it says 'sticks/sapling' drop rates.  I've never even had a sapling in my inventory before, I assume they are planted the same as seeds?

Anyway, these may accomplish my original goal, I will have to try them to find out I guess.  For now I went with Whole Lotta Tree Seeds and just use shears on a few leaves of one tree to stock up on seeds before chopping down all the rest as it provides too many, but solves my problem.

Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated.

oh ya forgot about that one.. if i were you i would lower the drop rate by about 1/2  Seeds should be fairly rare. if not youll end up with like 5-6 seeds per tree and will imho take a bit of the fun out of finding trees.

Yeah, my only goal is to be sustainable.  You should always get at least 1 seed from a tree when you chop it down.  As it stands, sometimes I don't even get a seed using shears on all the leaves before chopping it and that still happens on some rarer trees like bald cypress with the mod I am using.  Seriously annoying.  Just one seed for chopping down the tree is all I want, just to sustain it.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.