A way to maintain tools

Thorbjorn

I have had an idea regarding tool maintainance, as a way to restore some durability or even ad more durability to a brand new one. First idea consist of sharpenning stones, second is about boiled linseed oil. Lets imagine a brand new Bronze tin pickaxe coatted with linseed oil would gain + 50 durability setting it to 500hp. You'd have to let it dry 2 to 3 days. the buff would last a certain ammount of hits, then you'd have to apply the oil again to regain a small amount of durability. 
Regarding the sharpenning stones, it may be displayed you need to sharpen the blade while overring the mouse over the tool. One can imagine a sharpenned tool gaining a bonus modifier like -0.5 damage while using it

• Like 1

i know I'd appreciate something like this. even if they still deteriorate over time so you eventually need to replace them. it's just a pain getting a fancy new bronze tool, and then finding it almost broken after five minutes of use.

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2024 at 3:23 PM, TamTroll said:

i know I'd appreciate something like this. even if they still deteriorate over time so you eventually need to replace them. it's just a pain getting a fancy new bronze tool, and then finding it almost broken after five minutes of use.

Toolworks might be something you'd be interested in since it overhauls the ways tools function by introducing a binding system while also separating the handle and tool head durability into their respective parts.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/10324

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.