more uses for alcohol?

TheHandWixard

I really enjoy the brewing process and the wide variety of drinks you can make, but while i'm pleased with the realistic nature of the process where the drinks give you less or no saturation and can spoil just as easily as their materials (like cider can), it makes pretty much all grain-based and fruit based alcohol far inferior to bread, meals, or jams unless its all going into aqua vitae which is a shame given the variety. maybe they could be used in meals for certain bonuses, or incorperated into baking somehow?

Aqua Vitae and distilled water were the first two readily available chemical purifiers, IIRC.  They and the various acids lead to alchemy and thus to chemistry.

Somebody well versed enough in historical chemistry practices could probably suggest plenty of uses for all those processes.  I know they used various chemical baths to increase output from gold and silver mining, for example, including mercury. 

Acids were used to etch and inlay/deposity metal, which might lead to etched and multicolored armor and weapons.  These processes go back nearly to pre-history.

Even without adding in a potion/alchemy system, real world applications for multiple chemical processes start with distilled water and alcohol.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.