Trying to connect to server hosted on a different local machine. (Solved)

Melee

So I have two PC's, one as my gaming PC(PC1), and one as my server PC(PC2). I'm currently running the VS Server on PC2, and want to play on the server on PC1 but I'm unable to connect. On PC2 I can connect via localhost, but not on PC1. I've been trying different local IP's but been coming up short handed. Anyone with experience with this set up able to help?

EDIT: Ok, managed to solve this quickly after making this post (with 4 hours of hitting my head against a brick wall previously) but here's the solution.

On the PC that you are hosting the server do ipconfig in the PC you are running the server. My error was I was doing a windows remote desktop into the server, and when I ran CMD it would open PC1's cmd not PC2. PC2 needs to be accessed physically and had ipconfig ran.

Edited by Melee

• Melee changed the title to Trying to connect to server hosted on a different local machine. (Solved)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.